JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Well I've been MIA! Completely derailed from the plan! All due to a lack of sleep. Last night I slept for 10 hours! 10!!
    Feel like a new woman haha

So I'm back on it today before I slip too far I to a rut!
    Dog has been walked and just had some toast for breakfast!
    Just doing the last bit of cleaning now. My partner managed to completely gut the kitchen of clutter and clean everything when I was sleeping on the sofa lol! , I'm just doing the lounge now!
    @Bex953172 .. What's up Miss Lady!!! What say you give me a quick swat on my back side, I give you one, and we both get it in gear for a quick adrenaline rush from a 20 minute workout?.... LMBO😀💪💪👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🌹

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 What's the next challenge!

Can you give me some ideas???? :D

The other challenges have been so good! Really hard to think of new ones but here are a couple of ideas

1) 5-a-day challenge (fruits and veggies)

2) One choice for health, one choice for self. So each day make one active choice for health (a food swap, some activity, an early night etc) and one choice for self-care/happiness (call a friend, do some pampering, have a night off from chores, read a trashy mag etc). Log each active choice on here.

3) 7 minutes in September
    There is a a popular 7 minute workout you can get free online so inspired by this, maybe we could all commit to do a 7 minute workout daily (whatever that means for us). So you could do the one online. Or just do 7 minutes of whatever you can manage - walking/ jogging on the spot, squats, push ups against a wall etc.

Any of those appeal?

I personally like 1 and 3, those would be challenges for me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

The other challenges have been so good! Really hard to think of new ones but here are a couple of ideas

2) One choice for health, one choice for self. So each day make one active choice for health (a food swap, some activity, an early night etc) and one choice for self-care/happiness (call a friend, do some pampering, have a night off from chores, read a trashy mag etc). Log each active choice on here.

There is a a popular 7 minute workout you can get free online so inspired by this, maybe we could all commit to do a 7 minute workout daily (whatever that means for us). So you could do the one online. Or just do 7 minutes of whatever you can manage - walking/ jogging on the spot, squats, push ups against a wall etc.

Any of those appeal?

Ooh just thought of one more -

4) The Daily Mile - there is a primary school (I think in Scotland) that noticed increasing weight and inactivity in their kids and they thought it was having a negative impact on learning so they introduced a Daily Mile. All the children had to run, jog or walk one mile each day. They found concentration levels went up and results improved. Lots of schools have done similar. At my school we did it every day for 26 days last year to raise money in a ‘Daily Mile Marathon’. I jogged 16.5 times round the back playground every day with my class for 26 days! Even though lots of the class couldn’t jog for all of it we all got better at it and really enjoyed it.

Could we do a Daily Mile walk or jog? Might be tricky squeezing in around work and it would mean everyone working out a mile long route so maybe not feasible. But just another idea to throw into the mix! X

I like that one too!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have hundreds of posts to read and no time to do it now, but the end of August has served as a wakeup call for me. I made no progress toward my fitness goals in August. I'm still trying to find a rhythm with my new job, but it's now been 6 weeks and it's time for me to get with the program again!

No more excuses! It's a new month (and a month in which I'm going to turn 44!) and it's time to get serious about moving in the right direction.

Goals for Saturday, 9/1:

1. Log all food eaten and stay under goal.
    2. Drink at least 8 cups of water before leaving for work at 3 pm.
    3. Yoga routine.
    4. Read Don Quixote for an hour before work.
    5. Make a food plan through Tuesday.

August kicked my butt too, and I turn 50 this month. When is your birthday? We can do this!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    For the honorary aunts!
    wfczsbn9ucpj.jpg

She is just adorable. I love her hair!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well I've been MIA! Completely derailed from the plan! All due to a lack of sleep. Last night I slept for 10 hours! 10!!
    Feel like a new woman haha

So I'm back on it today before I slip too far I to a rut!
    Dog has been walked and just had some toast for breakfast!
    Just doing the last bit of cleaning now. My partner managed to completely gut the kitchen of clutter and clean everything when I was sleeping on the sofa lol! , I'm just doing the lounge now!

Lack of sleep ruins everything! I’m so happy to hear you had a good sleep. I can “hear” the excitement of being well rested in your writing!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday August 31
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - 🙂240
    Outside 15 Minutes - 🙂
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🙂
    Walk if weather permits🙂
    Write in Journal 🙂
    Craftroom😕

JFT - Saturday Sept 1
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk if weather permits
    Write in Journal
    Craftroom

I didn’t reach my Sept goal of being 170, didn’t even make it to 179. That’s what laziness and excuses will do to you. I was surprised to see the scale say 180.6 this morning though.

I have leaned that the 150 calorie left isn’t quite enough. I going to aim for 200 to see what that does. I think my work days for September are going to include a purposeful 1.5 mile walk. It is what I did in May for the outside challenge and that helped me.

I really need to come up with some toning exercises and actually do them.

Today I am going into the craft room very soon, then hubby and I are going to cut wood for our crafts. Will be a busy active day.

My MIL is being kept in hospital over the weekend and being transferred to a bigger hospital on Monday for tests. Should be home on Tuesday if all goes well. My sister in law is contacting the doctor on Wednesday if they haven’t addressed the weight loss issues. My MIL complained last night to my SIL that her legs were hurting awful. When SIL asked the nurses what could be causing it they weren’t aware because MIL hadn’t told them. Stubborn, proud woman! No one can help if they don’t know.
    My MIL has one of the toughest, life history stories, she is proud and has always done for others, she was never cuddled or loved as a child and started raising children at age 9. She insists on doing for everyone and doing nothing for herself.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,199 Member
    Options

Any of those appeal?

THANK YOU for all the ideas!!! Love all of them!
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Busy day again ... the past 2 days I 've been hauling buckets of dirt into our backyard! A great workout.
    So I'll write more later and catch up on all the post , butI want to get out and get the grass mowed before it gets too hot.

JFT, Sat, Sept 1
    1. log all food
    2. go to the gym
    3. april challenge - 8+ water
    4. may challenge - outside
    5. june challenge - mindful eating
    6. july challenge -- already planned (burgers tonite)
    7. august challenge - stop at just 1 snack
    8. sept challenge - 5+ serv fruits and/or veggies

So much to write ... I'm going to also post my sept goals, and my weight.

3 more months left to this year. At just 1 pound a week --- that could be 12 pounds off!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    My September goal is to stop f*cking around and actually take this seriously!

I need to adopt that goal too Bex.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all the support! Love this group!

Goals
    Saturday

I also downloaded an app to “Walk to Mordor” (cause I’m a nerd) so I want to log into that. You have to purposefully log so I have to purposefully walk!

What is this magical app?! I need to find it!

Here’s the website though I just found it by typing “Walk to Mordor” into the App Store.

LETS ROLL CHARACTERS AND BE FRIENDS!

(Was that coming on too strong?)

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Well I totally engorged myself on terrible food last night. Definitely not the best thing for me. I got a little aggravated with the DH late last night too. He was having a great time with his friend playing a hysterical video game online and was laughing like a hyena. I found it incredibly annoying. Lol. Although the game was really funny to watch.

I have the house to myself for the evening. I have a bunch of things I have to do because I did nothing last night.

I'm usually pretty good about fruits and veggies. My problem is consistency. I need to get back into the habit of eating properly and actually exercising. Maybe I'll go to the gym today.

Anyway, onto my goals

1. Log EVERYTHING I eat. And I mean everything. No matter how embarrassed or shame filled I feel!
    2. Clean the living room
    3. Laundry!
    4. Fold and hang clothing
    5. START BUDGET!
    6. Prep salad for the week!!
    7. Cook something for dinner tonight!
    8. Bed at a reasonable hour
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all the support! Love this group!

Goals
    Saturday

I also downloaded an app to “Walk to Mordor” (cause I’m a nerd) so I want to log into that. You have to purposefully log so I have to purposefully walk!

What is this magical app?! I need to find it!

Know what be even more amazing? If I added the link!

http://walktomordor.com
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hot humid and very sunny. Chased around town looking for Oscar Meyer Weinermobile (seriously)-it did not make the 10 am show so they told us noon at the next place but then it was 1:30 when it rolled in. My son was amazed even though I tried to explain and even sang the song for him. He got a whistle and a free hot dog but I left phone/camera at home. I have inhaled any drink I could- water and a protein shake and lemonade. Bought myself a new personal blender and have dared kid to take any part away. I have 2 cups of fruit left today and naturally all the water with ice I would like.
    Sunday goals-
    1. Fasting Sunday--just water until dinner. 2. Eat leftover chicken (it was good first time). 3. Calories, calories. 4. A whole lotta of water. 5. And not to forget, drops in eyes x 4. Starting over on Monday for next surgery on right eye and that's two eyes. I am glad to not have more eyes! No pool exercise for three more weeks. 6. Don't forget pills and don't be late for church.
    Major news-- I CUT my hair today-about 8 inches gone. I told her to cut all of the color off until she got to the gray. She said it is all grey. She asked when I last had hair cut and I said years. Well, when colored? Two years ago, here, for funeral. Not too friendly of a lady. Me and that hair have been through some times. I was hoping that might be some weight lost but you know when I held it up, very light and just slid through my fingers.
    Watched a tv show with kid last evening about Kids and strangers. He just would not give the answers I wanted but I hope he understood to be careful and not let anyone in. Well, son wants this computer so off to snore a bit.
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My September goal is to stop f*cking around and actually take this seriously! [/b]

Thats could be another september challenge :D Cause thats my problem also!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    My September goal is to stop f*cking around and actually take this seriously! [/b]

Thats could be another september challenge :D Cause thats my problem also!!!!

Haha stop f*cking around Joan!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize how much weight I have lost recently. My co-worker made a comment last night that I looked thinner in the last couple of weeks. I wasn't really trying, but I noticed I cut out a lot of junk food in the last couple of weeks and have been playing with the table top hockey game at work during breaks. Against myself, so moving back and forth. I noticed I am starving at the end of my shift, promise I'm not starving myself. I ate 2045 cals last night.