Options

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Goals
    Monday

Oops! Forgot about youse yesterday! I didn’t make it to 10k steps yesterday so my goals are tweaked.

12K Steps
    Log a walk for Mordor
    Log food and keep it low
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to take it easy, except for my walk later. I hope to do another 45 minutes today. I need to watch and increase the amount of water I drink. I have fallen off for the past two days. And to closely watch my food - I never go over my calories, but I know I can make healthier choices. I was recently found to have very low B12 and am now on shots, so I am hoping it will kick in quickly and give me back my energy.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    My eyes are not a match. I know one is better but mostly I just can't see from it. Started drops in the other eye for surgery and keeping going on drops (3 x 4 daily) so this is not as bad as I thought!
    Oh BEX yuck. I would have probably left the laundry until morning! I am just too lazy. Is your big one at school? Mine is supposed to be typing his test but he had to go shower? and I hear a lot of noise which just makes me wonder.
    Goals for today MONDAY-sigh not exercising (no bending and no lifting over 5 pounds), WILL NOT go over on calories but we are clearing leftovers today. TAKE PILLS which I might have forgotten to do but will do so now. Hmm, might as well take shot, too. GET KID through online test and 3 other classes. Oops, almost forgot, DRINK WATER.
    TUESDAY-Family History Day, First day of school to log time, Eye Drops, Sewing for service, watch calories, drink water, Be nice and do not grunt or grit teeth.

It's her first day on Wednesday! And then my middle girl goes to the nursery at the school starting next Monday, just on Mondays and Tuesdays.
    Haha oh god, boys eh LOL! He'd be mortified if he knew that you knew what he was up to LOL
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Still receiving family and friends... Tying up loose ends, the financial part of the arrangements for our brother. The funeral will be Thursday beginning at 12:30 for viewing and service begins at 1:00p.m. Repass following.
    The workouts have helped keep my stress level under control. I will be relieved when this is over. ANYWAY....
    JFT
    WALK
    LAUNDRY
    FUNERAL HOME
    ???I'LL FILL IN THE REST TONIGHT

*HUGS* You'll be in my thoughts and I will say a little prayer for you and your family.
    I can't stand funeral homes and arranging funerals, I've only had to arrange one once and after that ive told my parents to have their wishes set out so I don't have to fret about it!
  • mihalickjoanne
    mihalickjoanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Struggling with follow through...
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Oh gosh so many challenges for some of us at the moment. Thinking of you all and wishing you peace and strength.

Have had an ok first day back. The kids loved their first days which is great. I had some not great news about my sister’s MRI which means she needs another biopsy. So I’m stressed.

Also had a hectic end to the day as despite all the planning and prep my older daughter had a uniform crisis (needs a school swimsuit for tomorrow! For goodness’ sake why do they care about what swimsuits they wear?!!) so I had to rush from work back to the car then make it to the uniform shop before closing at 5:30pm. Hideous traffic, questionable parking, ran up the road and squeaked in at 5:27! So so tired and very worried about sis.

Sorry about your sister again! It must be an absolute nightmare. Wishing you both strength!

And I hate days like that! When everything is just so rushed and crammed in.
    My evening has been like that.
    We had very few ingredients to make a dinner so I had to run out and grab some sausage and potatoes, get home start cooking, I'm being asked for juices, snacks, the dogs dying for a wee! Got dinner on the table, made Caseys first home made dinner (I blended the boiled potato with some brocolli and carrots and a bit of her milk). Started to eat, Caseys food seat is a more a booster seat for a adult chair rather than a massive highchair, anyway it doesn't fit safely on the chair so I put it on the floor and I sat on the sofa, my plate was hot on my lap so I put the bowl of her food in front of her and got a cushion for my legs. And then I watched in slo-mo as Casey poured the bowl down herself.
    So I shovelled down my dinner, got Casey in the bath, got the girls in bed with a film, walked the dog, started tidying, hoovering and all sorts LOL! It's like 10pm and I'm hoovering!
    Got the girls in bed because the little buggers were still awake when the film ended. And now I'm sat eating a big fat slice of chocolate cake.

And I've not finished tidying yet :(
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My eyes are not a match. I know one is better but mostly I just can't see from it. Started drops in the other eye for surgery and keeping going on drops (3 x 4 daily) so this is not as bad as I thought!
    Oh BEX yuck. I would have probably left the laundry until morning! I am just too lazy. Is your big one at school? Mine is supposed to be typing his test but he had to go shower? and I hear a lot of noise which just makes me wonder.
    Goals for today MONDAY-sigh not exercising (no bending and no lifting over 5 pounds), WILL NOT go over on calories but we are clearing leftovers today. TAKE PILLS which I might have forgotten to do but will do so now. Hmm, might as well take shot, too. GET KID through online test and 3 other classes. Oops, almost forgot, DRINK WATER.
    TUESDAY-Family History Day, First day of school to log time, Eye Drops, Sewing for service, watch calories, drink water, Be nice and do not grunt or grit teeth.

Love you @josephinebowman ... I hope the best and that all goes well with surgery. Take good care of yourself and don't rush things... Hugs my Sister🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Struggling with follow through...

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Oh gosh so many challenges for some of us at the moment. Thinking of you all and wishing you peace and strength.

Have had an ok first day back. The kids loved their first days which is great. I had some not great news about my sister’s MRI which means she needs another biopsy. So I’m stressed.

Also had a hectic end to the day as despite all the planning and prep my older daughter had a uniform crisis (needs a school swimsuit for tomorrow! For goodness’ sake why do they care about what swimsuits they wear?!!) so I had to rush from work back to the car then make it to the uniform shop before closing at 5:30pm. Hideous traffic, questionable parking, ran up the road and squeaked in at 5:27! So so tired and very worried about sis.

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - lunch and snack boxes packed ✅
    - drop girls to school ✅
    - head to work ✅
    - April to sep challenges ✅
    - leave on time to catch up with the girls ❎ swimsuit debacle
    - early night ? Really want to go to bed soon but my kitten is still out and I think he’s too little to be out all night. Come on monty!

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Prep lunch and girls’ snacks
    - Offsite training am
    - Clearout classroom unit in afternoon
    - Girls’ school information evening 6-7
    - Sort present and card for godson
    - Finish cake
    - Early night

Night all x

@Faebert ... Oh my dear Sister. Whew! Yes you are stressed, I can feel it. Take a pillow, put it to your face and scream, then take a bubble soak. Times like these I hope I lived close to literally give you a hug. I must commend you on what you've accomplished even with the circumstances you've faced.
    You and your sister are in my prayers.🌹
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Had a great day so far! I ended up going over D's house and hanging out in her pool for an hour. She fed me and we hung out for a while. It was really nice and I got some activity in. D also gave me about a half a package of photo paper so I actually started working on my wedding album...4 years later. Lol. I ended up going through most of my colored ink. So now I have to find some replacement ink. I can get a pack of black and color for $34 which isn't terrible because Canon's is about $45. So that is on my list of things to buy on Friday.

Now the DH is doing his best to distract me by being about an inch away from the side of my face and blowing lightly on my face and neck! This is what we do to each other! Lol. I hope we never lose our sense of fun and play.

The DH still isn't feeling well after eating bad mayo on Friday so he isn't really feeling dinner tonight. I'm just going to make myself some leftovers again.

I hope everyone is having a great night!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. AM basic run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Write blog post: Preparing for Presentations. Make coffee. Write discussion post. Turn in seminar proposal. Email & print lesson plans. Print guidelines for character project.
    3. Class 2-3: Put in groups! Character project. Act 5 work. Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment).
    4. Class 4 - Plural nouns practice. Reflection. 4 important events from Act 4; create summary. Use SG and work on Act 5 in groups. Choose interesting characters.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Have K finish poster.
    7. Call WF about student loan; check on rates. 5:30 BCSS meeting. Review essay requirements. Put saag recipe in database.
    8. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 188.9

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about..
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all the support! Love this group!

Goals
    Saturday

I also downloaded an app to “Walk to Mordor” (cause I’m a nerd) so I want to log into that. You have to purposefully log so I have to purposefully walk!

What is this magical app?! I need to find it!

Know what be even more amazing? If I added the link!

http://walktomordor.com

OMG! This cracked me up! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Hi everyone! Gosh I've missed you! It's been over a week since I had hip surgery and I have been trying to log on but by the time I do, I'm so tired, my eyes close. I finally just read through about 300 posts between last night and today. Holy crow! Lots happening!

I have taken notes but don't have time tonight to write you individually. I will hop on her tomorrow morning now that I'm caught up and touch base with you more. Thank you for all the good wishes! Surgery went well and now it's a waiting game to see if it worked. I fell down the day of surgery when I got home...the walker flipped out from under me and down I crashed on my bad leg. So I'm hoping i didn't undo what he fixed!

9/4/2018
    []Log every bite
    []Stay in the green
    []September budget
    []Shut down drama. (You can't have 3 kids, 3 stepkids, 18 grandkids & 4 great grandkids without a little drama in your life. They need to leave me out of it!)
    []Join Half Size Me in morning before registration closes
    []Spend 15 minutes on digital photo project
    []Do physical therapy exercises for hip
    []JFT Challenges: April Water / May 15 min outside / June Mindfulness / July Planning / August Evening Snack / September 5 per day
    []Gratitude journal / Calm app / read
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    September Goals:
    • Weigh < 175 lbs
    • Get off crutches / Do PT hip exercises as instructed
    • Finish Casey's quilt and mail to Bex by September 30th
    • Read "What the Heck Should I Eat?" by Mark Hyman, MD
    • Focus on positives / Be aware of negative talk
    • Use Calm App 4x/week
    • 15 minutes of self care per day
    • 15 minutes/day on digital photo project
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I'll be back in the morning to chat a bit more but know that I'm praying for everyone who is going through difficult times and I am cheering for those of you who met your goals and had other exciting moments!

love to you all!

xoxoxo

Tracie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,752 Member
    Options
    I'll be back in the morning to chat a bit more but know that I'm praying for everyone who is going through difficult times and I am cheering for those of you who met your goals and had other exciting moments!

love to you all!

xoxoxo

Tracie

I’m so happy to see you back!!! Oh that fall must have been so painful, sorry it happened to you.

I didn’t realize you had so many family members! They should be leaving you out of all drama and letting you recover in peace.

Can’t wait to see you tomorrow.