JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Recap T 9/25 ~
    Got some very good news yesterday: Thanks to more inaccurate (should I say, misleading) employer communication (this time by HR dept.), both my manager and I had misunderstanding about eligibility rules for wage increase. Once HR explained to boss lady, which she then explained to me, in the end, I will get the wage increase. We were both relieved! Yay! :D

J

That is FANTABULOUS news! And relief for you as well. Communication: It's a wonderful thing!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Recap T 9/25 ~
    Got some very good news yesterday: Thanks to more inaccurate (should I say, misleading) employer communication (this time by HR dept.), both my manager and I had misunderstanding about eligibility rules for wage increase. Once HR explained to boss lady, which she then explained to me, in the end, I will get the wage increase. We were both relieved! Yay! :D

Good for you!!! I had a misunderstanding like that once due to HR comparing my job with a totally different position and saying everyone in our dept was getting a 7% raise that year except for me and my partner. I threw a fit! I was so upset when I went to my manager. She spoke with HR and found out that they had not been doing our market study increases correctly for many years and my partner and I ended up with an 18% raise that year! Sometimes it pays to question things like that!

So happy for you! Congrats!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister I am sending you big hugs from over here in the US. I hope you can feel them. I think going out for fish & chips is a lovely way to celebrate your father's life and memory. :heart:
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone🙋
    JFT
    UP AND AT IT!
    DETERMINED TO GET MY WORKOUT...SO FAR I'VE MANAGED 2 THIRTY MINUTE INTERVALS OF EXERCISE...🙌😀

Yay ME!!!🙌 IM EASILY CLEARING 5,000 steps now...
    NEW OBJECTIVE FOR THE NEXT 2 weeks.. TRY TO EASILY CLEAR 7,000 steps.
    Cut out sodas completely... Drink Green Tea (hot)
    No eating after 7:30p.m.
    Kick efforts up a notch on exercises...
    No Breads, No Fries...Do Cauli/Broccoli instead
    Reminder⭐ FRUIT IS MY NEW DESSERT, ⭐CELERY, CARROTS, CUCUMBERS will be my NEW CRUNCH N MUNCH (No more chips)
    Bed By 9:30

THESE CHANGES SHOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Zoodles instead of pasta!
    Could you do vegetable fries? (argh we call them chips over here LOL) Like parsnips or carrots? Over here we can buy frozen "rainbow chips" and it's basically just parsnip carrot and beetroot cut into chip shapes lol!

Any potato based things for dinner I switch for salad, pasta I do Zoodles, or I just give myself extra veg and boil an egg for on the side!
    I don't have a rice substitute yet, so I just have smaller portions because I don't really like Cauliflower

Youve smashed it today well done!
    Yayyyy... @Bex953172 ... Great tips! I haven't seen the beetroot or parsnips here, however, I probably will find them in our Whole Foods store or EARTH FARE store... Hadn't heard of Zoodles before either.. Needless to say, I'm greatly appreciative of the advice and am always open for suggestions or any help I can get that's healthy for me.
    Shucks, it wasn't until a few years ago that I trained myself to drink hot tea. Lol….
    We so called Southern Ladies love our Sweet Iced Tea and Lemonade.. Why, for some of us, drinking sweet iced tea is a time honored tradition. Preferring it over sodas, and water even. And a lot of places put emphasis on the "Sweet" until the tea almost tastes syrupy... Awful health wise though.
    AnyWhoo... I definitely am making positive changes.
    Thanks again💖
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone🙋
    JFT
    UP AND AT IT!
    DETERMINED TO GET MY WORKOUT...SO FAR I'VE MANAGED 2 THIRTY MINUTE INTERVALS OF EXERCISE...🙌😀

Yay ME!!!🙌 IM EASILY CLEARING 5,000 steps now...
    NEW OBJECTIVE FOR THE NEXT 2 weeks.. TRY TO EASILY CLEAR 7,000 steps.
    Cut out sodas completely... Drink Green Tea (hot)
    No eating after 7:30p.m.
    Kick efforts up a notch on exercises...
    No Breads, No Fries...Do Cauli/Broccoli instead
    Reminder⭐ FRUIT IS MY NEW DESSERT, ⭐CELERY, CARROTS, CUCUMBERS will be my NEW CRUNCH N MUNCH (No more chips)
    Bed By 9:30

THESE CHANGES SHOULD MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Zoodles instead of pasta!
    Could you do vegetable fries? (argh we call them chips over here LOL) Like parsnips or carrots? Over here we can buy frozen "rainbow chips" and it's basically just parsnip carrot and beetroot cut into chip shapes lol!

Any potato based things for dinner I switch for salad, pasta I do Zoodles, or I just give myself extra veg and boil an egg for on the side!
    I don't have a rice substitute yet, so I just have smaller portions because I don't really like Cauliflower

Youve smashed it today well done!
    Yayyyy... Shucks, it wasn't until a few years ago that I trained myself to drink hot tea. Lol….
    We so called Southern Ladies love our Sweet Iced Tea and Lemonade.. Why, for some of us, drinking sweet iced tea is a time honored tradition. Preferring it over sodas, and water even. And a lot of places put emphasis on the "Sweet" until the tea almost tastes syrupy... Awful health wise though.
    AnyWhoo... I definitely am making positive changes.
    Thanks again💖

Years ago when I tried iced tea, I didn't like it. Thought: I'll add sugar. To sweet tea. Hated it more. Finally discovered there is such a thing as UNSWEET tea. I LOVE unsweet tea. When I was in China, I was also the only American in our group that ordered /drank tea. In China. All the others ordered coffee. I got terrific table service. :wink:

Love how you're changing things, a little at a time. Those are the kinds of changes that can stick. Go Mary!!! <3
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM general run: 17 laps, aim for <40 m. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES. Get gas on the way to school.
    2. Draft Week 10. Revise Week 9. WRITE BLOG POST. Guidance requests for students with significant missing work and/or absences. Grade presentations.
    3. Class 2-3: Research. Conference on one-pagers. Input one-pager grades. Student Surveys!
    4. Class 4 - Rough draft body paragraphs.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block.
    6. Update class websites.
    7. Strength 4:30. Add twitter handle to blog.
    8. Prep Thu lunch. Drain cheese. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM speed run: 2/1 timed, aim for <4m on timed laps. Feed cats. Flexibility routine. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH week 10. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Parent calls for students who were referred to guidance. Print intro/conclusion worksheets.
    3. Class 2-3: Type drafts. Conference on analysis reports.
    4. Class 4: Rough drafts intro/conclusion. Catchup day.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Plan for absence on 10/22.
    7. Zumba 5:30.
    8. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 191.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 and @clicketykeys Thanks for the information and considerations! Great feedback!
    @HEGoddard0928 I am so sorry for your family's loss. I will keep you both in my thoughts. I can't imagine dealing with such loss.
    @mgrThiagoSilva Welcome! Sounds like you've got a great start!

Today was a turnaround. Work is still stressful, but I emailed a strong yet professional email to the director regarding my PTO (eek!). It was very scary but I feel I deserve those hours! So stress will continue for a bit, but I feel I've been better able to manage it today. Balanced my food better today so I wasn't starving at the end. Made a fantastic new recipe tonight-suuuuper tasty. I think sheet pan recipes are my thing now! I'll put the link below. I used broccoli instead of asparagus and added cherry tomatoes. Seriously yummy.
    https://www.wellplated.com/baked-lemon-chicken/

For today:
    Stay between 1.2k and 1.4k calorie range ✅-Done with my trashy eating streak!
    30 minutes exercise ✅-had a great walk/jog! I'm up to 5 minutes jogging in a 30 minute span, and it felt good! I felt more confident about my form that I have thus far.
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for growing strength
    Sleep log: bed at 10, up at 6
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Stay between 1.2k and 1.4k calorie range
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercisE
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Sleep log
    Post here for accountability
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Look at you, lookin' all sassy with your haircut! I like it!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    So I looked at a TDEE calculator today and put in my stats. I marked myself as sedentary as I sit most of the day at work. I try to get some exercise each day, but don't always succeed. According to that I need 1219 calories a day. I am trying to get away with 1050 Net each day. Maybe I need to try upping mine for a little bit. Although today I had a loss. My BMI finally shows only overweight instead of obese! This is such a game of numbers I'm never sure what to do.

Wow! going down a level in BMI is great progress. I try not to eat less than 1200 calories a day.

• KeriA
    Options
    JFT M 9/24
    Stick to the plan of staying on my calorie goal. (not sure yet about that but I avoided the coworker's birthday cake
    Already knew Aquafit was out just tried to get as many steps in as possible. We need to get ready for our trip.
    Get things we need to pack, do some packing and pay the bills so that is done before we leave
    Get things at work ready so I can be gone
    Try to drink more water.

JFT 9/25
    Drink my tea up by lunch so I can drink more water.
    Stick to my calorie goal
    make progress getting ready
    don't forget my appointment after work
    find out my daughter's work schedule to see when she can give us a ride

JFT 9/26 today
    I am doing well getting ready for our trip both at work and home.
    sticking to calorie goal
    since no aquafit am trying to keep steps up

JFT 9/27 tomorrow
    Drink my tea up by lunch so I can drink more water.
    Update coworkers on my projects
    Stick to my calorie goal
    make progress getting ready
    check in
    not sure if this is getting exciting or scary

doesn't look like we will have a hurricane :) but may have rain :/

This week is not typical!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 what awful news. I have no words, but you and your husband are in my thoughts today. Hugs to you and wishing you lots of strength to support him x
  • KeriA
    Options
    @jeschepp I like your recipe and your For Today list with the check offs. I used to do run walk intervals and loved it. My doctor said no more running.