JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM speed run: 2/1 timed, aim for <4m on timed laps. Feed cats. Flexibility routine. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH week 10. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Call grumpy parent. Parent calls for students who were referred to guidance. Print intro/conclusion worksheets. Update roster with Conference/Help.
    3. Class 2-3: Type drafts. Conference on analysis reports.
    4. Class 4: Rough drafts intro/conclusion. Catchup day.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Plan for absence on 10/22.
    7. Call about booking departure. Zumba 5:30. Pay for masters course.
    8. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Friday
    1. AM long run: 20 laps, aim for <50 minutes. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Drain cheese. Chop celery. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Finish Week 10 reg; draft week 11. Write blog post. Download files from drive. Parent calls for guidance referrals.
    3. Class 2-3: Define logos, ethos, pathos; point out where to include. Define counterclaim. Type drafts. Conferences on analysis reports.
    4. Class 4: Define logos, ethos, pathos; point out where to include. Write drafts on graphic organizers.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Grade Character Analysis; CONFERENCES. Add blog to signature.
    7. Groceries. Pay for masters course. WRITE BLOG POST. Update iTunes and check playlists.
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 191.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.

I find reading your thought process on teaching very fascinating. I was a terrible student, I liked the projects and book reports but not the everyday homework. I love your idea of asking a parent or teacher about the most significant text they studied, I have been giving this thought and still haven't come up with an answer yet! What are the students comparing it to? Is it a whole book, or a poem? I'm curious. :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Oh so pleased to have made it to Friday night! That was one tough week. My ex has the kids this weekend so hoping I can rest. Feel like I’m coming down with a bug so currently not planning on going over to my sister’s place. It’s my 3 year anniversary with the boyfriend but things are not great there. So I think this weekend I will plan not to plan but just try and look after myself.

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ❎ slept really badly and just needed a rest day
    - Remember to take cake for charity sale ✅
    - Playground cover 10:30 ✅
    - Pupil profiles and phonics checks ❎ Monday
    - Collect car and lunchtime ✅
    - Print and trim sheets for next week ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Collect girls from play dates ✅
    - Portion and freeze dhal ❎ tomorrow
    - Early night ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - Wash girls’ hair and pack for night with ex
    - Meet friend for coffee at 10
    - Hot yoga at noon?
    - ?? Maybe do some work

Happy Friday all x

Sounds like you can use a nice rest :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    How Many Days Til Thanksgiving???
    brh59i47xrho.png

In my online weight loss program, I was to answer three questions. They motivated me. Perhaps they will motivate you, as well.

1) What scriptures (or perhaps quotes, books, etc.) will help me persevere and to finish the year well?

2) How is my life different from January 1?

3) What do I need to do to keep the passion and motivation going through December 31?

I also took a look back at the goals I had set for myself. I wondered how much more I had to go...well, my goal weight was 155 by October. I am now at 151. I was shocked! And did a bit of a victory dance. I'm not sure I ever made a weight goal...much less surpassed it. I don't really have a target weight goal in my mind. I don't know what that looks like really.

I am still aiming for 145 by Nov. 17. The way has gotten steeper! I keep remember what my mini goal is---to be able to:
    9gslxjoa68u4.png

Let's give it our all these last few weeks! This is not a smooth journey. It's not a straight shot. It has valleys and gulleys and sometimes deep chasms. But we climb back out, sometimes battered and bruised and keep moving forward. Because when we get to the finish line it is going to be a day that will stand alone as one of our greatest accomplishments.

Peace and joy! Keep moving!

Look at you go! Hard work and perseverance pays off!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 Those days are the worst. Being in a funk and not knowing why. I have found the best thing can be to go to bed early and start tomorrow new. It will pass. Much love to you sister, and know we are here for you <3

Today went alright. Not terribly stressful but also not terribly productive. No word yet on my PTO so we'll see. Excited for the weekend. I'm doing fall shopping with my sisters and apple orchard with my best friend. Thinking of all who struggled today-I see you, I hear you, I believe you.

For today:
    Stay between 1.2k and 1.4k calorie range ✅ (counting exercise calories)
    30 minutes exercise ✅ felt up for a tough jog, inspired by my fellow survivors today.
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for creature comforts. Sitting right now in leggings and a cozy sweatshirt, watching GBBS and drinking hot tea from my Harry Potter mug :blush:
    Sleep log: bed at 10, up at 6
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Stay between 1.2k and 1.4k calorie range
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Sleep log
    Post here for accountability

Thank you my beautiful Sister... You and Snowflake are right.. I NEED A BREAK... I got home shortly after being out since 8a.m. and literally felt my knees buckle.
    It's been a dumb day... Who calls for a cab and can't tell the driver where they are?.. Really!! Who does that😨 I went into the clinic to ask if someone called a cab and the receptionist has a blank look. I went in the building because I had to pee... I was headed to the bathroom and the cab driver gets out and is following me... I put my bladder on hold.. The cab driver is INDIA (N)...HE'S STRESSED... so is my bladder😀 He gives me his phone I speak to the lady... I tell her where he is, she says I don't know where this is I gave him the address... I'm being patient, but by now my bladder is screaming at me and I've popped a sweat. I said Ma'am can you tell me about your surroundings? Landmarks? She says She's at Freedom Park... I relayed the message and now he's looking blank... I said Ma'am, he's here at this clinic, she says she knows where that is and she's a block away... Y'ALL, I KID YOU NOT... I handed him his phone went in, used the bathroom, washed my hands... I come out and the driver is waiting for me... I mean seriously😂😂😂😂😂
    Guess where the woman was?...THE BACK SIDE OF THE BUILDING🙌😂😂😂
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I've had great day or two here, lifewise.
    Wednesday my small group of ladies had our weekly meeting. Great time that I've missed over the summer.
    Thursday a friend and I had scheduled a girls day in the big city. We went to an art show that used plastic garbage washed up on the shore. It really was amazing, and sad :'( Then we went to the downtown area and did some minor fabric shopping.
    Today, I managed to complete a section of one of my projects, got it packed up ready to pass along, and next I'm waiting for the next section.
    As well today I finished... laundry. :D

JFT Sat
    1. Water
    2. Water pick
    3. Returns/recycling
    4. p/u milk for hubby
    5. Drop off at thrift store
    6. Studio time
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday Sept 28
    2L of Water -🙂
    Calories in Green by 150 - 😕 11
    Outside for 15 Minutes - 😕
    Exercise for 30 Minutes - 🙂 I’m saying yes because I purposely cleaned so I wasn’t just sitting around
    Move hourly at work - 4/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Write in Journal - 😕

JFT - Saturday September 29
    2L of water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside for 15 minutes
    Exercise for 30 minutes
    5 fruits and veggies
    Only 1 evening snack
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5
    Sept 21 - 1/5
    Sept 22 - 4/5
    Sept 23 - 5/5
    Sept 24 - 3/5
    Sept 25 - 3/5
    Sept 26 - 5/5
    Sept 27 - 1/5
    Sept 28 - 3/5

Today we are going to help a couple build a gazebo. I haven’t seen or spent time with these people in about 9 years. I have never been to their house. I know that the wife had lost a significant amount of weight and used to walk and eat healthy, I’m hoping she still is. The plan is the women are going to visit and drink wine and the men will do the work. I guess we’ll see how it goes. I’m not a wine drinker and will be driving so that will get me out of that!

I have to plan Thanksgiving this weekend since it’s happening next weekend. Trying to get all the work schedules to line up is hard. Both of my sons in law work holidays and weekends. One is a warehouse supervisor for the dairy. My grandkids are the milkmans! 😂 The other is an EMT full time and a carpenter part time. He doesn’t take breaks often. It’s paid off though as they are meeting a realtor today.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM long run: 20 laps, aim for <50 minutes. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Drain cheese. Chop celery. Tea! Log 1 item. Put laundry away.
    2. Finish Week 10 reg; draft week 11. Write blog post. Download files from drive. Parent calls for guidance referrals.
    3. Class 2-3: Define logos, ethos, pathos; point out where to include. Define counterclaim. Type drafts. Conferences on analysis reports. Notify students about possibility of game day; must have essay typed today, bring games Monday for review. 3 Harbor video?
    4. Class 4: Define logos, ethos, pathos; point out where to include. Write drafts on graphic organizers. Offer bonus assignment to M and B if they finish early.
    6. Update class websites. Grade Character Analysis; CONFERENCES. Add blog to signature. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Contact B about lunch Sunday.
    7. Groceries. Pay for masters course. WRITE BLOG POST. Update iTunes and check playlists. Writing group?
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Pack lunch/dinner. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Put more laundry away.
    2. At park, steps to 10k by 2:30; 22k by end of shift.
    3. Park treat - Ice cream! Send D for groceries.
    4. Grade 4th character analysis and extended scene. Write blog post.
    5. Review Weeks 10-11. Write blog post. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Add character analysis conferences to Monday plans.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Add "pack shoes" to Monday's JFT.
    7. Review 'ongoing' notes for ideas. Look for Malala lesson/unit ideas.
    8. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    Today: 189

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY- Friday 9/28/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :/
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)

JFT- Saturday 9/29/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    One of my monthly goals has been to keep closer tabs on my medication schedule. I haven't missed a dose in so long that I forgot how gross it makes me feel when I do. Last night I forgot my medication before I hunkered down into bed and, well, now I remember. It will pass again.
    I hope everyone's having a wonderful day. Love to you all.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    One of my monthly goals has been to keep closer tabs on my medication schedule. I haven't missed a dose in so long that I forgot how gross it makes me feel when I do. Last night I forgot my medication before I hunkered down into bed and, well, now I remember. It will pass again.
    I hope everyone's having a wonderful day. Love to you all.
    @bcTRAI
    Oh my..Sister, I'm sorry you're not feeling your best. I hate meds that do that to you. Hugs sweet Sister..BIG BIG HUGS. Hope you feel better soon from it.💕
    Love you,
    Mary
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM long run: 20 laps, aim for <50 minutes. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Drain cheese. Chop celery. Tea! Log 1 item. Put laundry away.
    3. Class 2-3: Define logos, ethos, pathos; point out where to include. Define counterclaim. Type drafts. Conferences on analysis reports. Notify students about possibility of game day; must have essay typed today, bring games Monday for review. 3 Harbor video?
    4. Class 4: Define logos, ethos, pathos; point out where to include. Write drafts on graphic organizers. Offer bonus assignment to M and B if they finish early.
    6. Update class websites. Grade Character Analysis; CONFERENCES. Add blog to signature. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Contact B about lunch Sunday.
    7. Groceries. Pay for masters course. WRITE BLOG POST. Update iTunes and check playlists. Writing group?

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Pack lunch/dinner. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Put more laundry away.
    2. At park, steps to 10k by 2:30; 22k by end of shift.
    3. Park treat - Ice cream! Send D for groceries.
    4. Grade 4th character analysis and extended scene. Write blog post.
    5. Review Weeks 10-11. Write blog post. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Add character analysis conferences to Monday plans.
    6. Snack: Halo Top - ONE SERVING. Add "pack shoes" to Monday's JFT.
    7. Review 'ongoing' notes for ideas. Look for Malala lesson/unit ideas.
    8. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    Today: 189

Upcoming to-do:
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).

@clicketykeys ...WHEW!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏💪
    I keep saying it...YOU'RE AN AMAZING WOMAN🌹
    LMBO... When I see your JFT's.. I wanna roll over and suck my thumb😂😂
    Wow! Lady you have an amazing amount of energy... If I could make it through half of one of your days, I'd be at least 15 pounds down by now. I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!...Look... I read it all and I need a nap😴😂😂nap😴😂😂
    Help me grow up Dear Lord... Give me more energy, in JESUS name, Amen.
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @maryrobinson40
    No worries, the yuck does pass quickly. I used to think it was 'only' post cancer lack of estrogen but that's way done so I figured out it's kind of sudden though temporary med withdrawal. Tomorrow will be fine.

Oh, and no need for thumb sucking. We all have our talents. <3
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all. Yesterday was a total bust as I woke up with the start of a cold. Managed a morning workout but not a lot more.

This morning I’m feeling a bit better. Have just hung up one load of laundry and have the next in the washing machine. I’ve tidied all the bedrooms and so we are nearly ready for a new week and I will pick up a few groceries later today before the girls get home.

Emotionally I’m still not in the best of places to be honest. Very worried still about my sister and the burden on my mother, who is helping so much. I’m annoyed that the cold I have - although mild - means I couldn’t go and help this weekend. I cannot risk spreading any infection to sis or her daughter who has a very compromised immune system as part of her condition.

I’m also really starting to question my relationship with the bf. There are so many good things about him but he’s just not consistent. When all is going well for him he is present and available and supportive and we have fun together. But when busy with work or having any problems he just disappears. It’s our 3 year anniversary this weekend and I’ve barely heard from him. Lots on my mind..,

Saturday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Wash girls’ hair and pack for night with ex ✅
    - Meet friend for coffee at 10 ✅
    - Hot yoga at noon? ❎ coffee ran over
    - ?? Maybe do some work ❎ just rested

Sunday goals
    - morning workout
    - Finish laundry
    - Groceries
    - Yoga if cold doesn’t worsen
    - check girls have done homework on their return
    - Pack schoolbags
    - Draft email re school partnership
    - Early night

Have a lovely Sunday everyone x

Relationships of all sorts are complicated and complex and just plain confounding at times (how's that for alliteration!) It sounds like both of you are in a tough spot where neither of you have much to give at the moment??? In any case, rest rest rest. Your body and your mind. Get your sleeps in, lots of hot tea and soups and perhaps some warm soft bread. Peace.
    o1qrq0ytr9xq.png
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY- Saturday 9/29/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :) (even though I didn't want to...not good today)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :/ (ouch, no)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/ (Chinese food, definitely no...lol)
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :/ (This one's tough, I'm really going to try with this this week.)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)

JFT- Sunday 9/30/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    5) Work on orders from my shop

Back to the gym tomorrow!!!!