JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    So the birthday barbecue was a BLAST. I haven't bothered to log this weekend because it's my birthday and all. But everyone that I invited came. It was really cool. Made me feel super super loved! A bunch of friends from Matt's job came and helped to cheer him up. Idk if I mentioned it before but a close family friend of his was murdered in Mexico a few weeks ago. We just heard about it on Wednesday. He's been a wreck and it put a damper on my vacation. He's doing a lot better now. A group of his friends, yummy food and church this morning was what he needed. He also kept a promise he made to me and saw his family yesterday. Granted it was for a terrible reason but it was a visit nonetheless. I'm taking it as a win. Lol. I got a couple cards and presents and things that I was totally not expecting. It's great to have such awesome friends.

Okay!

Welcome to all of our new members! We love you and hope you stay awhile!

I need to set some goals for the day.... And Panda just climbed into my lap so it looks like it be awhile before I actually start them 🀣

1. Log all food. Be accountable.
    2. Step on the scale.
    3. Finish and fold laundry
    4. Do all the dishes!!
    5. Figure out dinner
    6. Bedtime routine @ 945
    7. Light off @ 1030

Happy Birthday Sister.. I love youπŸ’œπŸŽ“πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ†πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ†πŸŽ†
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Well Ladies... My darling Sisters, I'm home.and I'm pooped...
    My daughter has what's known as ICU DELIRIUM, with hallucinogenic episodes. My brilliant daughter is having mind problems due to the drugs they had to treat her with to keep her airways open... The doctor told me in the beginning she almost died. So the medicine they used and the machine had to be used at the capacity they chose.
    Today, she went to potty with assistance, she sat up and fed herself, she laughed and talked normally for a while, had physical therapy. And did well with that, but when she began to say things out of the norm.. I almost lost it.. But instead, I prayed for her soundness of mind. OMG! This is hard, but what she's experiencing is worse than my selfish feelings. She needs a strong mom more than ever and I can't stop.. I won't stop. I want my baby better.

Hi Mary. Just seeing this now. How is your daughter? My mom had this also after being put in drug-induced coma for strep pneumonia a few years ago. They called it ICU psychosis at that hospital. She did not have permanent issues from it, but I remember it was so scary! Prayers for your baby girl to pull out of it soon, if she hasn’t already. Xoxo
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new here. The name of thread caught my eye - I need to concentrate on one day at a time. No big long term unattainable goals anymore, just one goal, one day. Small successes that will add up to a big success!
    My goal for Monday October 1st: no sugar. :smile: (ok & actually go to the Zumba class I told my friend I’d do with her tomorrow night)

Hiii! I'm Mary. Welcome to BETTER! Glad you brought your flava to add the this "mix"...lol….
    There's a lot of love and support here. I joined in July, and it was and is a great choice. ENJOY🌹 And Again, WELCOME.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    1. Log all food. Be accountable. πŸ˜€
    2. Step on the scale.πŸ˜… Was not pretty. Probably because of all the salt from this past weekend
    3. Finish and fold laundryπŸ˜€
    4. Do all the dishes!!πŸ˜€ Waiting on a frying pan! I will finish it before bed
    5. Figure out dinnerπŸ˜€ Made skillet lasagna. Have a bunch of leftovers for lunch this week! I even put it into portioned containers
    6. Bedtime routine @ 945πŸ˜€ Probably. It's currently 9:28
    7. Light off @ 1030 πŸ˜€ Hopefully!

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    <3GOOD EVENING SISTERS.βœ‹
    I woke up today and realized that it was my 30TH Wedding Anniversary... Honey child the emotions that showed up in me today weren't pretty..
    LMBO... I WAS A HOT MESS!! JUST UGLY FOR REAL.. I Think I even went, "FINE BLOODY TASTIC at one point when someone communicated with me. I was a whirlwind of frustration, blame, agonizing heartache, and disappointment. I was a blubbering IDIOT!
    My cousin made me call her and offered to send me a bus ticket to come spend a week with her. I declined with the excuse that the holidays are coming and she didn't need to interrupt her life for me.. I appeased her by agreeing to get with her at a later date. My husband and I lived under the same roof for 19 years and have been separated for 11 years... We we're too broke to afford a divorce.. And I tried to get back on my feet more than once, actually had returned to the work field in 2015 and my knees gave way to degenerative arthritis... Sooo...yeah. Divorce still not happening. It kinda feels like walking around with a dead body handcuffed to you and no one has the keys.
    Sorry.. Didn't mean to bum anyone out.
    HAPPY MUSIC PLAYING...
    CHANGE HAS TO HAPPEN FOR ME!!
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘† I AM LOOKING UP AND LOOKING FORWARDπŸ‘€
    THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M ACTING DUMB OVER A LONG GONE RELATIONSHIP... And LADIES, I'm not saying it to convince you or myself either. FORWARD MARCHπŸ’‚.… LOL.
    TOMORROW begins a new week. Let's see if I got what it takes to lose a pound this week...My age, my skin, my shape, nor my knees are going to be crutches... I'M GOING FOR MINE!

@maryrobinson40 I can only imagine how you felt. I’ve been separated for over five years and the divorce isn’t done yet and I hate the sense of being in limbo. It’s not that I want him back or want to be married to anyone else, just the lack of closure. And so, yes, anniversaries can hit hard. Be kind to yourself x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Feed cats. AM park run - 4 miles. Brush teeth. Morning meds. Tea!
    2. Prep and pack lunch for park AND Monday. Review weeks 10-11. Update Week 4.
    3. Park; steps to 22k. Treat?
    4. Grade Character Analysis Essays. Finalize Week 10.
    5. Write blog post. Find sources for analysis essay.
    6. Check on courses. Find blog posts to comment on next week.
    7. Add pack shoes to Monday JFT. Add upload music to Monday JFT. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Add character analysis conferences to Monday plans.
    8. Soak in tub. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Monday
    1. Rest day - no run. Pack lunch. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Add "Powerlessness" reflection to Monday plans. Review Week 10 plans and submit. Make coffee. Download lesson materials; upload music and check list. Send in guidance requests for students with attitude concerns. Print essay revision checklist.
    3. Class 2-3: Research; revise essay. Character analysis conferences.
    4. Class 4 - Research; finish typing essay and print.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Write discussion post.
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Muse workshop - GET DIRECTIONS.
    8. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 187.4

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Not much time this morning... Will post later.

1. Up at 630
    2. Prep lunch/coffee/meditate
    3. Work 815-515
    4. Call doc re DH paperwork
    5. Call S re disbursement date
    6. Figure out dinner
    7. Dishes right after dinner
    8. DH time
    9. Bed prep @ 945
    10. Lights off @ 1030
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Just for Sunday:
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. 64 oz of water :)
    3. Walk around the block x2 :) 8,422 steps / 54 min active
    4. PT exercises / leg lifts and balancing :/ Hoped to do them twice but was sore after my second walk so only did once set.
    5. Laundry :pMoving to today.
    6. Tenderloin kabobs for dinner / wash and cut veggies :)
    7. Finish top of Bex's quilt - Have to take stairs carefully but I can and will do this today! :)Didn't finish but only have 2 more strips of border to add!
    8. Read Chapter 1 of Mark Hyman's food book and Chapter 1 of book Joe gave us. >:)Read JFT thread instead! Much more interesting!
    9. Start new James Patterson book tonight. :naughty:See #8
    10. Gratitude Journal :/ / Simple Abundance daily reading :/ / Dodie Osteen book daily reading :/ / unplug & sleeping by 10:30 :) / up with Maddie early :)

Tiny Habits:
    1. After I get up in the morning, I will dress in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. :)
    2. After I put on my sweats, I will take Maddie for a walk. >:) Nope. But it's a habit in the making...
    3. After I take Maddie for a walk, I will take a shower. >:) Nope. Didn't go for the walk yet.

Happy Monday! (*cough* *sputter* *choke*) That doesn't even SOUND right, does it? How about just plain good morning instead? :mrgreen:

Well, I finally got caught up on here. Read everything from page 414 up to the present. I started by responding to a few and then realized how old they were, so I stopped. There sure was a lot going on. I can't respond to everything I want to, so I will just say that I felt your victories as I read them and I felt your sorrow and pain and struggles as I read those too.

Happy birthday to @HEGoddard0928 , congratulations @bcTRAI for the new grandbaby, and Welcome to anyone just joining us!

@Faebert How is your sister? I was sorry to hear that there was a mixup with her implants during surgery. I'm praying for her full recovery and clear margins.

Today is Day 13 of no dairy. The only thing I'm noticing so far is that my sinuses feel clearer and I my tummy feels better. I'm hoping the puffiness and dark circles under my eyes clear up some too. I miss cheese like crazy! It's my thing! But doing okay so far. I'll still have some occasionally, but for now I'm trying to see if I feel better.

Just for Monday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. 64 oz of water
    3. Walk around the block x2
    4. PT exercises / leg lifts and balancing
    5. Laundry
    6. Watch Brewers and Cubs play-off game at noon
    7. Finish top of Bex's quilt
    8. Read one chapter of a self-help book / Start new fiction book tonight
    9. Pay bills
    10. 5 fruits/veggies
    11. Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance daily reading / Dodie Osteen book daily reading / unplug & sleeping by 10:30 / up with Maddie early

Tiny Habits:
    1. After I get up in the morning, I will dress in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
    2. After I put on my sweats, I will take Maddie for a walk.
    3. After I take Maddie for a walk, I will take a shower.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    So the birthday barbecue was a BLAST. I haven't bothered to log this weekend because it's my birthday and all. But everyone that I invited came. It was really cool. Made me feel super super loved! A bunch of friends from Matt's job came and helped to cheer him up. Idk if I mentioned it before but a close family friend of his was murdered in Mexico a few weeks ago. We just heard about it on Wednesday. He's been a wreck and it put a damper on my vacation. He's doing a lot better now. A group of his friends, yummy food and church this morning was what he needed. He also kept a promise he made to me and saw his family yesterday. Granted it was for a terrible reason but it was a visit nonetheless. I'm taking it as a win. Lol. I got a couple cards and presents and things that I was totally not expecting. It's great to have such awesome friends.

Okay!

Welcome to all of our new members! We love you and hope you stay awhile!

I need to set some goals for the day.... And Panda just climbed into my lap so it looks like it be awhile before I actually start them 🀣

1. Log all food. Be accountable.
    2. Step on the scale.
    3. Finish and fold laundry
    4. Do all the dishes!!
    5. Figure out dinner
    6. Bedtime routine @ 945
    7. Light off @ 1030

Glad you had a happy birthday! That must be a terrible thing for Matt to deal with. It's good he has friends and you that care :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Howdy! I'm such a slacker lately! Not here at home, but getting caught up on here! It's been a busy week.

I tried to post yesterday. I had a big post typed out and then my computer kept typing "0"s. Like I couldn't stop it! The key wasn't pressed and no matter where I put my cursor, it just continued typing zeroes! It was crazy AND frustrating as hell. Rebooted twice and it kept happening so I gave up and quit trying. :angry:

Hopefully I will get through this one without it happening!

So, Thursday, I went and adopted a rescue dog from the Humane Society. She is about 40 lbs, and looks a lot like a little Australian Cattle Dog (blue heeler). Because she was abandoned while pregnant in Texas, I have no idea what breed she actually is but she looks to be about 2 years old and is a little sweetie pie. She was in a high kill shelter in Texas and a rescue here in Wisconsin brought her up, put her in a foster home to have her puppies, found homes for them and then put her up for adoption. I am in love. She is calm, listens really well, is housetrained, loves the grandkids, has not barked/whined/growled even one time and is so quiet that we are wondering if she even has a voicebox! I have been taking her for walks around the block a few times a day to get some exercise in for myself, my hip and for her and have hit 8,000 to 10,000 steps for 3 days now. I don't know that I EVER hit 10,000 steps in the past 7 years since my hip has hurt. So this is wonderful. I am really enjoying our quiet little walks together and I cannot WAIT until we can both walk further. Right now, she is healing from being spayed so can't go too far and I'm healing also. But look out world...Tracie and Maddie are coming! :smile:

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm watching the Packer game right now, and plan to have a quiet afternoon catching up on here. I only have to go back to page 414....hahaha!

Just for Sunday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. 64 oz of water
    3. Walk around the block x2
    4. PT exercises / leg lifts and balancing
    5. Laundry
    6. Tenderloin kabobs for dinner / wash and cut veggies
    7. Finish top of Bex's quilt - Have to take stairs carefully but I can and will do this today!
    8. Read Chapter 1 of Mark Hyman's food book and Chapter 1 of book Joe gave us.
    9. Start new James Patterson book tonight.
    10. Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance daily reading / Dodie Osteen book daily reading / unplug & sleeping by 10:30 / up with Maddie early

Tiny Habits:
    1. After I get up in the morning, I will dress in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
    2. After I put on my sweats, I will take Maddie for a walk.
    3. After I take Maddie for a walk, I will take a shower.

Awe I keep thinking I want a dog, but I'll be honest the vet bills scare me to death. I really wouldn't know where I would come up with the money if something happened.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hi I’m new here. The name of thread caught my eye - I need to concentrate on one day at a time. No big long term unattainable goals anymore, just one goal, one day. Small successes that will add up to a big success!
    My goal for Monday October 1st: no sugar. :smile: (ok & actually go to the Zumba class I told my friend I’d do with her tomorrow night)

I think that is the perfect way to do this! I have these big goals and I keep missing my deadlines for them, then I get discouraged.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    1. Log all food. Be accountable. πŸ˜€
    2. Step on the scale.πŸ˜… Was not pretty. Probably because of all the salt from this past weekend
    3. Finish and fold laundryπŸ˜€
    4. Do all the dishes!!πŸ˜€ Waiting on a frying pan! I will finish it before bed
    5. Figure out dinnerπŸ˜€ Made skillet lasagna. Have a bunch of leftovers for lunch this week! I even put it into portioned containers
    6. Bedtime routine @ 945πŸ˜€ Probably. It's currently 9:28
    7. Light off @ 1030 πŸ˜€ Hopefully!

I love your new profile pic
  • Snowflake1968
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JFT- Sunday sept 30
    2l of water - :)
    Calories in Maintenance - :) Actually in green by 182
    Outside 15 minutes - :) For almost 2 hours
    Exercise for 30 minutes - :) A walk that took 44 minutes
    5 fruits and veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening snack - :)
    Write in Journal - >:) I need to get back to this regularly

JFT - Monday October 1
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Move hourly at work
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Write in Journal
    Stay serious about this!

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5
    Sept 21 - 1/5
    Sept 22 - 4/5
    Sept 23 - 5/5
    Sept 24 - 3/5
    Sept 25 - 3/5
    Sept 26 - 5/5
    Sept 27 - 1/5
    Sept 28 - 3/5
    Sept 29 - 3/5
    Sept 30 - 4/5

October already! I don't know where this year is going! I updated my excel sheet this morning to see where I stand from September 1st.
    My weight on September 1st is exactly the same as it is on October 1st, 180.6. I have had some lower numbers mixed in there though and if I go by averages I lost 1.5 pounds. Not enough to get me to where I want to be by February.
    My measurements show only a 1 inch loss as well, in my chest.
    My activity level is up from August but certainly not where I expect it to be. I walked 30.66 miles in September.

I need to step up my game I don't want to be disappointed with myself on November 1st again.
    I have been invited to a "thing" where a personal trainer uses a deck of cards to teach a new gym technique based on the cards that are pulled I guess. The lady that invited me is my daughter's Mother in Law. I'm not her biggest fan and I'm not sure why she chose me to invite, but I'll go and try it out. I'll let you know how it goes on Friday. I cut up some vegetables and brought some fruit to work today. Maybe that will keep me away from fast food.

I was determined to get a walk in last night, it was cold and almost dark by the time I headed out. It certainly made my steps quicker LOL I need to buy some proper clothing for the cooler weather. I had two hoodies on, but it still wasn't enough.

What is the challenge for October? Has anyone given it any thought yet? @mytime6630 ?

I have Thanksgiving next weekend after a gender reveal party. I am not a real turkey fan and don't like pie so it's just the potatoes and gravy that tend to get me.

Well I've rambled on enough, hope everyone is having a good day!

• Rubi_Siren
    Rubi_Siren Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found this cute little store in my city and they have these amazing clothes and they have all types of sizes, but to be honest they were designed for the purpose of fitting thinner, lean people and they look better on them too, so before buying any of them I have to work out so I can fit them comfortably. I have this stop and start habit. I start for awhile and then stop for awhile and yeah...so I have to find motivation to continually work out and eat healthy.