JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Hopping on to keep myself accountable. I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday had a great day.

We had 22 people here, and it was really a lot of fun! I got to see 3 of my great grandsons and had so much fun with them! K is 5, and the twins are going to be 2 in February. I felt so much love in this house yesterday that my heart truly did overflow.

AND I didn't overeat at all. I was mindful and without even thinking about it, I kept my portions small. Then about midnight I woke up with a stomach bug and was up sick until 4 a.m., had to call into work and have been down all day. So, for the first time ever, I actually LOST a pound on Thanksgiving rather than gain! How's THAT for a positive spin? :smirk:

@Faebert I'm sorry to hear about the news and your planned surgery. It's a lot to take in, and I'm sending you hugs and prayers. <3

@mytime6630 <3

Just for Saturday
    1. Stay in the Green
    2. Journal every bite
    3. Blue Cup / 5 somethings
    4. Read my ARC's at scheduled times
    5. Only eat while sitting down, be mindful
    6. Give myself credit
    7. Talk to Tim about being my at-home coach per Beck's Diet Solution
    8. De-trigger the house of junk food and other triggers
    9. Walk Maddie / Activity / FitBit Steps
    10. Bills / Budget
    11. Read Chapter 6 of Beck's Diet Solution
    12. Unplug early for movie night with husband / Gratitude Journal / Dodie & Joyce / Simple Abundance / Read
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Had such a long day yesterday. The appointment was good, all the staff were lovely and made things very clear. I am confirmed as high risk for breast cancer. They are doing - and will do - more tests to give me an even closer risk factor but I have set in motion the process for surgery.

This had to be a very difficult decision for you... but you will be in my prayers. I know I am also at a risk factor ... I just don't know how much. I am so proud of you though for taking the steps needed to do all you can to prevent it.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JFT, Friday
    1. go to the gym .... do this first thing to start my day out :)
    2. concentrate on water :/
    3. work on menu plans for the rest of the week :/
    4. if it is not raining.... rake up more leaves :/
    5. go out with my daughter tomorrow evening. :)
    6. mindful eating :) Well... except I did hve a bowl of ice cream
    7. listen to the voice in my head that is not self-sabotaging. :)
    8. read beck diet solution, and/or listen to half size me podcoasts :)
    JFT, Sat
    1. try and put up outside xmas lites before the weather changes
    2. work on reading pillows, and xmas projects
    3. help hubby
    4. clean house
    5. go to the gym.
    6. take a walk if not raining
    7. water water water!!!
    8. read podcast
    9. read more of beck diet
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I'm alive! I don't know why I keep doing this! I think it has to do with not waking up in the morning with enough time to log on. I try hard not to spend much time on my phone while at work. So when I'm at work I can't really check in or anything. I need to figure out a better system to keep myself accountable on here.

Okay! My holiday was good. I don't think I really overate. I had small portions of many things but they were all pretty delicious. I don't think I got uncomfortably full until I tried to eat that second piece of pie 😅 Tonight however was a totally different story! I really need to get back to cooking meals. It's not like I don't have the food or anything in the house! I just haven't felt like it. I think we actually ordered in all week. I think the last time I cooked was Sunday night. How terrible is that. I'm pretty certain I'm going to be up when I step on the scale on Sunday. Tomorrow is going to be a water day. Lol.

It's currently 12:40am and the only reason I'm still awake is because I'm waiting for my head phones to charge so that I can block out my husband talking to his friend while they play video games.

I hope everyone had a great holiday. Thank God it's the weekend!

I'm going to post my goals and go to bed!

JFT 11-24-18

1. Up BY 10
    2. Put chicken in crock pot
    3. Gym for a while
    4. Fold the damn clothes!!!!
    5. Finish laundry
    6. Thrift shopping with DH and M
    7. Actually cook dinner!
    8. Bed at a reasonable time.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I didn't do well yesterday either!
    The girls are at my mum and dad's so I think me and Ash are goibg to walk the dog on one of the forest trails.
    I'm so tired this morning, means my OH stayed up til like 3am? , my eyes are still half closed, it's now 9:30

Got to keep going stro g again today and pick myself up!

NoMoreWeekendWeakness!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Jft Friday
    1. Do not make cookies :)
    2. Drink at least 2 more waters, the sooner the better! >:)
    3. Coconut bar for dessert, no more snacks >:)

JFT Sat am
    1. Fish oil :)
    2. Smoothie for breakfast :)
    3. Water upon waking :)
    4. Weigh in and start 10 day challenge - the scale is just data! :smile:

Jft Saturday
    1. Drop off dog with mom
    2. Vacuum
    3. Clean bathroom
    4. Open/pin back curtains
    5. Adams farm meats - butter and half and half too
    6. Easy dinner, chicken pot pie and biscuits casserole or similar bake and serve dish
    7. Log all food
    8. Drink water, fill up tumbler on the hour
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

NSV: I hit 20k on my Fitbit yesterday!!
    I took daughter to movie yesterday & had a protein bar instead of my usual giant popcorn!

Pretracked some food.
    Enter weight on Happy Scale App.
    Walk dog-30 mins.
    Y at 11:30, weight lift, floor exercises.
    Have a protein drink upon returning.
    We may be having some friends over tonight for apps & drinks so I need to do a little shopping.
    Eat a light lunch.
    Clean house.
    Meditate.
    Have soup for dinner if we are having friends over.

I heard a great tip for increasing movement on a podcast: 30/60 rule = every 30 mins of sitting, get up & move (walk, etc) for 60 seconds.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I'm here! I'm alive! I don't know why I keep doing this! I think it has to do with not waking up in the morning with enough time to log on. I try hard not to spend much time on my phone while at work. So when I'm at work I can't really check in or anything. I need to figure out a better system to keep myself accountable on here.

This is the same problem I am having! I don't give myself enough time in the morning to sit down at my computer and hop on. Then at work, I don't want to jump on because I'm working... At the end of the day, sometimes I just don't want to look at a computer after being on one at work all day or else I do hop on to read everyone's comments but then I'm tired and think to myself "I'll hop on tomorrow to post my goals", which doesn't happen! LOL! I need to actually schedule time into my day to do this and make it a priority because you guys truly do keep me accountable and it's important I log on each and every day.
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    NSV: I hit 20k on my Fitbit yesterday!!

I heard a great tip for increasing movement on a podcast: 30/60 rule = every 30 mins of sitting, get up & move (walk, etc) for 60 seconds.

This reminds me of an app I had on my phone that would remind me to take a 5 minute break and move after every 30 minutes of work. I deleted it and cannot for the life of me remember the name to get it back!

CONGRATS FOR THE 20k! That's awesome! I rarely even hit 10k, so I cannot even imagine! You go, girl! :star:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    In the Beck's Diet Solution, there is an assignment to find a diet coach to help hold you accountable and to also help support you when you stumble. I feel like this group is my main coach, but I think I also need an individual who knows me and can help me in person also. So, I'm thinking of talking to my husband about it. He is my biggest supporter and cheerleader, and nobody wants me to be healthy more than he does. The problem I see with it is, i'm so comfortable with him that if he scolds me, I have no problem snapping back. Could turn into hurt feelings really easy if I let it. He has told me many times he will do whatever I need to help me eat healthier. So, I know he is willing, but I worry about the arguing. On the plus side, he certainly would know if I was eating badly, since he does the grocery shopping! LOL

My second thought is asking my daughter to do it. She actually managed a couple of Weight Loss clinics for years and was a Wellness Coach, and she is very knowledgeable about diet, exercise, etc. I know she'd be good at it, but due to family drama, our relationship is a bit strained right now. So, maybe if I ask her to do it, and if we just met once a week for coffee to sit down and look at my food and exercise journal for her to give me tips to improve, it would be neutral ground and keep us in contact?

Am I putting too much thought into this? I really probably only need this group, but I really want to give it my all and make it work this time...so I've been really putting a lot of thought into it.

I am having a rather waste of a day today. I'm still not feeling well and my hip and back are really acting up, so I've been down again today. I think I overdid it Wednesday and Thursday on my feet without proper support, and now I'm paying for it. It feels like it did before hip surgery and that's not a good thing! After I get done here, I plan to do some stretching and exercises and hopefully that will help those muscles. Then I hope to go downstairs and sew this afternoon. Working on some hotpads and towels for the adult kids for Christmas. I'm still waiting for my friend to finish Bex's quilt so I can sew the binding on! Her son got sick so she hasn't had a chance to work on it since I was there.

Have a great Saturday everyone! I'll hop on later to see how everyone's doing!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So today has been kind of a bust goal-wise. I didnt get out of bed until noon. Lol. Should not have done that but the bed was warm and comfy and the DH was cuddly. Lol. It's only 4:30 but it feels so much later! It might have to do with the fact that the sky gets so dark now. I'm attempting to focus on water today but I'm having a hard time. I dont know why but I haven't even finished my first 32oz. I'm usually up to 64oz by now. I told myself that I have to at least finish my first water before I can drink anything else. At least I managed to remember to food in the crockpot for dinner. There will be a lot of leftovers too because I added a whole extra large chicken breast to the recipe. I'm going to start bringing salads with leftover meat and juices to work for lunch again. I enjoyed those and it's super easy to prep.

It's really quiet here today! I hope everyone is okay!

@Snowflake1968 I hope your show went/is going well!

@Bex953172 I hope you kicked it today! And dont feel bad about 9:30! I didnt move until 12!

@PackerFanInGB I should probably have a diet coach too but no one close to me is all that healthy either. I need to make eating right a priority. I need to stock up on healthy treats when I get paid next. But I can't use my lack of a variety of snacks as an excuse to keep eating junk for the next few days! I have to be held accountable and actually do what I know is right and healthy!

Okay enough for now! Have a wonderful evening everyone!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    In the Beck's Diet Solution, there is an assignment to find a diet coach to help hold you accountable and to also help support you when you stumble. I feel like this group is my main coach, but I think I also need an individual who knows me and can help me in person also. So, I'm thinking of talking to my husband about it. He is my biggest supporter and cheerleader, and nobody wants me to be healthy more than he does. The problem I see with it is, i'm so comfortable with him that if he scolds me, I have no problem snapping back. Could turn into hurt feelings really easy if I let it. He has told me many times he will do whatever I need to help me eat healthier. So, I know he is willing, but I worry about the arguing. On the plus side, he certainly would know if I was eating badly, since he does the grocery shopping! LOL

My second thought is asking my daughter to do it. She actually managed a couple of Weight Loss clinics for years and was a Wellness Coach, and she is very knowledgeable about diet, exercise, etc. I know she'd be good at it, but due to family drama, our relationship is a bit strained right now. So, maybe if I ask her to do it, and if we just met once a week for coffee to sit down and look at my food and exercise journal for her to give me tips to improve, it would be neutral ground and keep us in contact?

Am I putting too much thought into this? I really probably only need this group, but I really want to give it my all and make it work this time...so I've been really putting a lot of thought into it.

I am having a rather waste of a day today. I'm still not feeling well and my hip and back are really acting up, so I've been down again today. I think I overdid it Wednesday and Thursday on my feet without proper support, and now I'm paying for it. It feels like it did before hip surgery and that's not a good thing! After I get done here, I plan to do some stretching and exercises and hopefully that will help those muscles. Then I hope to go downstairs and sew this afternoon. Working on some hotpads and towels for the adult kids for Christmas. I'm still waiting for my friend to finish Bex's quilt so I can sew the binding on! Her son got sick so she hasn't had a chance to work on it since I was there.

Have a great Saturday everyone! I'll hop on later to see how everyone's doing!

I am using all of you as my diet coach, but my hubby questions my decisions sometimes. I personally would go with my daughter in your situation. Hubby might be too close.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    So today has been kind of a bust goal-wise. I didnt get out of bed until noon. Lol. Should not have done that but the bed was warm and comfy and the DH was cuddly. Lol. It's only 4:30 but it feels so much later! It might have to do with the fact that the sky gets so dark now. I'm attempting to focus on water today but I'm having a hard time. I dont know why but I haven't even finished my first 32oz. I'm usually up to 64oz by now. I told myself that I have to at least finish my first water before I can drink anything else. At least I managed to remember to food in the crockpot for dinner. There will be a lot of leftovers too because I added a whole extra large chicken breast to the recipe. I'm going to start bringing salads with leftover meat and juices to work for lunch again. I enjoyed those and it's super easy to prep.

It's really quiet here today! I hope everyone is okay!

@Snowflake1968 I hope your show went/is going well!

@Bex953172 I hope you kicked it today! And dont feel bad about 9:30! I didnt move until 12!

@PackerFanInGB I should probably have a diet coach too but no one close to me is all that healthy either. I need to make eating right a priority. I need to stock up on healthy treats when I get paid next. But I can't use my lack of a variety of snacks as an excuse to keep eating junk for the next few days! I have to be held accountable and actually do what I know is right and healthy!

Okay enough for now! Have a wonderful evening everyone!

Thanks! I’m a little disappointed with the shows this weekend. I think if we do this again next year I will. It do it Black Friday weekend, I seem to recall last years being a bad weekend too
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    [quote="HEGoddard0928;c-42926632"
    JFT 11-24-18

1. Up BY 10😅 More like 12!
    2. Put chicken in crock pot😁 Remembered at 2 but still had enough time
    3. Gym for a while😂
    4. Fold the damn clothes!!!! 😆Got about half way through...
    5. Finish laundry🤣
    6. Thrift shopping with DH and M😑
    7. Actually cook dinner! 😀
    8. Bed at a reasonable time😀 Definitely better then yesterday[/quote]

Just going to post goals for tomorrow really quick.

1. Take temp apon waking
    2. Weigh in
    3. Up at 7
    4. Church
    5. Batch cook chicken
    6. Do laundry!
    7. Fold damn clothes!!!!!
    8. Cook dinner
    9. Be present with the DH
    10. Bed by 10!!!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all, hope Thanksgiving was good.

Had such a long day yesterday. The appointment was good, all the staff were lovely and made things very clear. I am confirmed as high risk for breast cancer. They are doing - and will do - more tests to give me an even closer risk factor but I have set in motion the process for surgery. Scary but feels like the right thing to do. Tired this morning from yesterday so taking a rest day but I have training this morning at a school on the other side of the city and plan to walk half of the journey as an active recovery day. And walking from work to hot yoga tonight.

Thursday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Take kids to school (bonus of my day off work, they usually have to go with babysitter) ✅
    - Quick trip for eyebrow threading ✅
    - Train at 12:40 - take healthy lunch with me ✅
    - Do planning on train (remember laptop) ✅
    - Appt 4pm ✅
    - Return train 6:55. Make sensible dinner choice at station beforehand ✅
    - Early night 😏 home at 10 so not really but didn’t hang about too much

Friday goals
    - rest day
    - Morning walk
    - Training 9-12 (take healthy snack)
    - Prep for Monday (stick worksheets, GAG)
    - Message ex re Xmas presents, buy stuff in online basket
    - Leave by 5
    - Hot yoga 5:45
    - Girls pack for weekend, wrap present and do birthday card
    - Early night

I love you and My prayers are with you through everything.😇🙏🌹
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks @maryrobinson40 - you’re such a sweetie x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A productive day for me yesterday. Did a huge clearout downstairs and loads of exercise on top so feeling tired but contented this morning. Heading to boyfriend’s place shortly and will walk the five miles to the overground station rather than taking the tube so I can get some activity in today without overdoing it. Then plan to eat a nice big brunch with him - he’s been working hard again and needs a bit of looking after!

Saturday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Do not stress the scale! ✅ haha! It was a surprisingly good weigh in. Bodies are strange things! 🤷🏻‍♀️
    - Girls pack homework and wrap present etc ✅
    - hot Yoga at 10 ✅ made it! 90 min class plus a long workout first thing meant over 3 hours intentional exercise for the day!
    - Downstairs clear out ✅
    - Laundry 🙄 in progress...
    - Bf? ❎ got so caught up with the big clear out it was too late. Heading there this am

Sunday goals
    - finish laundry 😃 all washed, dried stuff has been folded and put away. One last load to dry...
    - Finish clearing ✅
    - Long walk
    - Brunch and hang out with bf
    - Pick up girls
    - Pack school bags
    - Dinner and early night

Have a good day everyone x
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Today I commit to staying within my calorie limit while traveling back home after this much needed holiday with family.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Good morning everyone! It sure is a quiet weekend. I hope all are doing well. I just got back from church. It was a good service. Now I'm going to relax for half an hour and then get started doing stuff around the house. We've had this frame of a shed hanging out outside for like a month now so we are going to put the walls and floor up today. Then I might take a short walk. It's beautiful out today and I want to enjoy the sunshine. I just have to wait for my phone to charge first. Lol. I need to get the laundry started too. It shouldn't be more than one or two loads so that's nice and easy. Plus the walk up to the house and back will help me get some steps in as well.

I hope everyone is having a great morning/afternoon! I'll pop back on later to check in.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Jft Saturday
    1. Drop off dog with mom :)
    2. Vacuum :)
    3. Clean bathroom :)
    4. Open/pin back curtains :)
    5. Adams farm meats - butter and half and half too :)
    6. Easy dinner, chicken pot pie and biscuits casserole or similar bake and serve dish o:) DH cooked!
    7. Log all food >:)
    8. Drink water, fill up tumbler on the hour >:)

Had a nice night! Friends brought a cheese plate and i over indulged. And im on a roll this morning with cinnamon rolls. My mom invited us over for mac and cheese too...sooo yeah. I have a headache and feel so sluggish from all this holiday food but here I am eating more of it. Filling up my water bottle now though and setting up for the week ahead!

1. Water! More water!
    2. Elderberry and fish oil
    3. Check hot tub chems
    4. Meal plan week ahead
    5. Bed early