JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I lost all that momentum from.last week.
    I don't know what's been wrong with me. I feel like I've got lots of brain fog. I can't quite focus and I'm sleeping more than normal again.
    Which indicates to me that its my thyroid but I've not missed a single dose for a month and I take it properly (before breakfast, no caffeine or food for 30 mins)

*sigh*. I dunno maybe it's just the time of year?
    I've barely spoke to anyone today, not even my partner, just sat by myself in my own misery.
    But I had a bath, shaved my legs (they were getting gorilla like LOL) and still feel a bit miserable.. But clean and miserable.

Must just be an off day for me!
    Send me some positive vibes for tomorrow! (wheres @maryrobinson40 when you need her?!)

Just posting in solidarity of gorrilla like legs lol. Bug hugs and all the positive vibes for a better day for you tomorrow!!!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    :flushed: 450 posts since last visit!!!!

I hope you all have enjoyed your holiday break :blush:

11/26/18 J-Done-FT:

✔Normal kiddos' day
    ✔Normal babys' day
    ✔Gym -> Elliptical 30 min.
    ✔Drink 48 oz of water
    ✔Maintain pump schedule
    ✔HW & Exam prep
    ✔Laundry

Sorry for the late post, I just "tackled" the day and before I knew it the day was over, Lol!! :joy:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - hugs! What a difficult time with concerns over your niece. Don’t sweat the weight uptick. I’m sure you’re right and it’s mostly water/food from Thanksgiving etc. You’ve been super active with leaf raking and all kinds of other things I am sure it will balance out.

@slittlemeister - great questions to consider. I’m thinking now about my start, stop and maintain...

@Bex953172 - sorry you’re feeling rubbish. Other than thyroid, what else could it be? Are you sleeping enough? I know you were blasting through the activity last week with some days on 3 workouts. Could you aim for 30mins a day this week and see if it gives you a mood boost without exhausting you?

@snowflake1968 - your company makes me so cross on your behalf! Just horrible people. I’m so sorry you have to tolerate this but happy for you that it’s nearly over. Fingers and toes crossed for the job opportunity.

Lovely to see lots of people back here after a break. X
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hectic day yesterday and another busy one today. Woke up at stupid o’clock again this morning (last night?!!) and I’ve been doing housework and various admin until it’s workout time. Slightly worried that I’ll be ready to go back to sleep by then though! Really need to fix this sleeping issue. I go to sleep the minute my head hits the pillow but rarely manage more than around 4 hours. Not good..

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Water! ✅
    - Early to work - tidy classroom, stick sheets, GAG ✅
    - Phone waste collection company on break ✅
    - More Christmas shopping ✅ nearly done now
    - Meeting 4-6 ✅
    - Pick up gifts from shop after meeting ✅
    - Put units in car to take to work ✅
    - Early night ✅

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - pay class rep for Xmas gifts ✅
    - amend amazon subscriptions ✅
    - sort tonight pick up arrangements
    - home at lunchtime for car (run home)
    - donate units at school
    - pack deliveries
    - leave by 5
    - dinner for girls pre concert
    - concert 7-8
    - early night
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    I lost all that momentum from.last week.
    I don't know what's been wrong with me. I feel like I've got lots of brain fog. I can't quite focus and I'm sleeping more than normal again.
    Which indicates to me that its my thyroid but I've not missed a single dose for a month and I take it properly (before breakfast, no caffeine or food for 30 mins)

*sigh*. I dunno maybe it's just the time of year?
    I've barely spoke to anyone today, not even my partner, just sat by myself in my own misery.
    But I had a bath, shaved my legs (they were getting gorilla like LOL) and still feel a bit miserable.. But clean and miserable.

Must just be an off day for me!
    Send me some positive vibes for tomorrow! (wheres @maryrobinson40 when you need her?!)

Ah Bex .... so sorry you had a bad day. Somedays are just like that though ... whether it be the weather, thyroid, or you are just plain worn out and tired! You kicked butt all last week exercising .. maybe your body is just saying to take a day and rest. Massive hugs to you! <3 I hope tomorrow you feel much better. And don't forget how hard you worked to get those 10 pounds back!!! Don't let one day stop you from keepin on!!
    Now, go and put some pretty make up, dress in some nice clothes, and let yourself rest (if you can with 3 little ones!). Take a walk outside and soak in some fresh air. And give yourself lots of credit for all that you have done.

Heres lots of positive vibes <3<3<3<3<3<3
  • mytime6630
    edited November 2018
    Options
    SO my goals for today.
    1. log all my food :)
    2. go to walmart -- buy a food scale! I have not been measuring my food ... I know this is also a part of being successful. :/ Not enought time today
    3. mindful eating. Stop and drink water, especially in the evenings when I want to give into emotional eating :) Went to a zumba class tonite.... and it really helped. Not only got me out of the house so the evening is not so long, but with the exercise in the evening, it was fresh in my mind ... so didn't want to erase it all with mindless eating.
    4. check YMCA for classes in the evenings. :) Yes ... and zumba class was at 7:30. I had a hard time keeping up though .. but at least I was moving and shaking for 60 minutes!
    5. read response cards during the day :)
    6. work on tote bags :) Doing that now
    7. clean up sewing room :)
    8. help hubby with work :)
    9. write in journal. I also started a new journal, to keep track of my weekly caloric goals, and to write my feelings, thoughts, etc. :)
    10. try and call niece again :/
    11. sit down while I eat!! :)
    12. get back on here ... be accountable. Do not give up. Remember that nothing taste as good as being healthyfeels. feels. :)

JFt, Tues
    1`. log all food
    2. go to walmart if I have time
    3. mindful eating
    4. sit while eating
    5. read response cards
    6. work on tote bags
    7. write in journal
    8. try and call niece
    9. concentrate on water - 2 c every meal, sip on water in the evening
    10. listen to podcast
    11. do SKY breathing (I think thats what its called)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    :flushed: 450 posts since last visit!!!!

I hope you all have enjoyed your holiday break :blush:

11/26/18 J-Done-FT:

✔Normal kiddos' day
    ✔Normal babys' day
    ✔Gym -> Elliptical 30 min.
    ✔Drink 48 oz of water
    ✔Maintain pump schedule
    ✔HW & Exam prep
    ✔Laundry

Sorry for the late post, I just "tackled" the day and before I knew it the day was over, Lol!! :joy:

Welcome back!!
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I would suggest learning the sudharshana kriya from an art of living center which is spread out all over the world. I am yet to see a youtube video showing how to do it. People with certain health issues are not supposed to do this which they ask before starting the kriya. To tell you all the truth, I'm not confident in suggesting it to anyone after reading mixed reviews of health. For me, I can confidently say it helped me during my depression & it hasn't done me any harm.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hi All,

I would suggest learning the sudharshana kriya from an art of living center which is spread out all over the world. I am yet to see a youtube video showing how to do it. People with certain health issues are not supposed to do this which they ask before starting the kriya. To tell you all the truth, I'm not confident in suggesting it to anyone after reading mixed reviews of health. For me, I can confidently say it helped me during my depression & it hasn't done me any harm.

This is the video I had watched. Are there reviews on it saying it is unhealthy? I did it this morning while watching the video ... looks simple though, and I don't know if we have a art of living center near us, nor would I go though. But you intrigued me when you said it helped with depression, so I was going to jsut try it for a week.

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-Sudarshan-Kriya
  • TimeToReduceFat
    edited November 2018
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Hi All,

This is the video I had watched. Are there reviews on it saying it is unhealthy? I did it this morning while watching the video ... looks simple though, and I don't know if we have a art of living center near us, nor would I go though. But you intrigued me when you said it helped with depression, so I was going to jsut try it for a week.

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-Sudarshan-Kriya

@mytime6630 : I do it differently, fast & slow breathing in a different pattern using both nostrils. But the concept looks the same. It should be done only once everyday as per instructions. I have done it for 60+ days without missing a day & I'm fine. Like I said before, I'm just confused after reading mixed reviews. I have also read reviews of it benefiting people with depression. And my experience says so too.
    How do you feel after doing the one shown in video?

Take a look at this: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-step-by-step-method-of-practicing-Sudarshan-Kriya

Also, you can do a google search on 'Sudharshana kriya reviews'. It is called the Happiness program under Art of living.
  • TimeToReduceFat
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Monday goals:
    1. Do 2 min plank, side & front - Forgot I was supposed to do this after the walk. Took a shower & then remembered. Didn't do it.
    2. Walk for 3 Km minimum - Did this
    3. Do sudharshana kriya - Slept early, too lazy.
    4. Do Not spend more than 30 bucks on food - Did this. Came to 24 bucks only.

JFT goals:
    Same as before. Practice it everyday until it becomes a habit.
    1. Do 2 Min plank, side & front
    2. Walk for 3 Km minimum
    3. Do sudharshana kriya
    4. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food
    5. Learn about incoterms

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Ah man, I fell asleep finally at around 2 am.
    My partner sent me downstairs for coughing at around 3.30... I tried to get back to sleep, couldn't do it. So watched YouTube videos and then I started to feel. Sleepy around 5am until Marley started shouting me saying she'd been sick, fortunately it was just water she threw up from. Coughing so I changed her sheets and it's now 6.25am and my. Alarm goes off in 5 mins!

Today.. Will be interesting!
    I really want to go get my e cig from.the bedroom. But don't want to wake my OH!

But anyway, I took a pic of Casey yesterday in ultimate chill out mode haha

nhnvguptat17.jpg
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    My partner sent me downstairs for coughing at around 3.30... I tried to get back to sleep, couldn't do it. So watched YouTube videos and then I started to feel. Sleepy around 5am until Marley started shouting me saying she'd been sick, fortunately it was just water she threw up from. Coughing so I changed her sheets and it's now 6.25am and my. Alarm goes off in 5 mins!

I really want to go get my e cig from.the bedroom. But don't want to wake my OH!

nhnvguptat17.jpg

I can't believe how much lovely hair Casey has! She's so cute :smile:

I did not have as much hair as Casey... Apparently I had virtually no hair until I was two, and my mum always dressed me in blue so strangers always thought I was a boy...
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Nearly a full house yesterday...

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- Savour every bite :smile:
    - No eating whilst standing :neutral:
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:

- 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smiley:
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book :smile:
    - Finish work at 6.30 pm latest :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :neutral: Just after

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book
    - Finish work at 7pm latest
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 110 in the green
  • TimeToReduceFat
    Options

nhnvguptat17.jpg

Casey is very cute. How old is she?
  • TimeToReduceFat
    Options
    Nearly a full house yesterday...

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- Savour every bite :smile:
    - No eating whilst standing :neutral:
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:

- 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smiley:
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book :smile:
    - Finish work at 6.30 pm latest :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :neutral: Just after

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book
    - Finish work at 7pm latest
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 110 in the green

I noticed that you meditate. How do you do it? And how do you feel afterwards? I can't seem to get myself to sit still to meditate.