JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Did I not post again!! I was sure I had .... but... I can't find it. I guess I am losing my mind LOL!!

Today was a day full of temptations. I go to the gym in the morning.... and a friend there gives me a Christmas gift. I bag full of candy!!!! :s While it was sweet of her ... that is the last thing I need. These people at the gym are crazy! One keeps bringing in homemade cookies for everyone (luckly the day she brought in mine I did not go, so someone else took them and ate them!). I have not touched the candy yet ... I plan on taking it with us when we go to see our son and give it to the grandsons.

Then tonite, my neighbor comes over ... with my Christmas gift. It is a beautiful, 3 bowl set, all with lids, and very Christmassy! But guess what is in each bowl! First bowl is filled with Hershey Kiss candy! Second bowl has homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! Third bowl is full of miniature snickers candy bars!!HELP ME!!~!!!!

So, to be polite while she was visiting, I ate one of the oatmeal cookies, and logged it. Tonite I am hungry, and instead of going and getting just one piece of candy ... I had a bowl of raisin bran cereal. I know if I eat just one piece ... I will end up eating candy the rest of the nite! My gift to my neighbor is not going to be candy .. I am sewing her something. And I told my husband that all these friends at the gym ... especially since I do not know what to get them as a gift ... they are all getting a bag of candy! Is that mean or what!!

So today I did OK. I tried to realize that food is not the answer. But eating healthy is something I can control... and just let whatever feelings want to drive me to eat ... those feelings will either pass, or I can figure out another way to handle them.

3. mindful eating.... is is worth those extra calories. How would I feel afterwards if I do not give in. Ask myself this each time

Presumably the people at the gym giving out cookies and candy are also trying to lose or maintain. If they are dishing it out they can eat it up!

I like your 3rd goal, how would I feel? That is where my conscious thought idea comes from. Am I going to be disappointed in myself? If I take the time to think about it and realize I will be disappointed I can usually avoid it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Faebert - oooh a party! I love hosting and haven’t done it since we moved here because the place is too small. I miss it!

@Bex953172 - sleep eluded me last night too. Too much on my mind I guess.

@slittlemeister - I’m so excited for you for your interview, smart decision not to blow it because of a few drinks

@toaljasa - hen party lol

@TimeToReduceFat - great job on day 1, I have been thinking of doing that program but haven’t convinced myself yet.

@sofia_algera - I sold a lot of my supplies but kept punches, framelits and some special stamps. In February we are making my youngest daughter’s wedding invitations, this will be my 6th set of wedding invitations. We need to get them designed soon.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFT (Thursday, 12/13/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday December 12
    2L of water -🙂
    Calories in Green - 😈 1 too many slices of homemade pizza and then an evening snack out of boredom
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 😂
    5 fruit/veggie - 1/5 but I bought some yesterday
    Walk 1 mile - 😕
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - 🤔 could have done better when it came to the pizza.

JFT - Thursday December 13
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

I have to go into the city today and may pick up a gift or two while I’m there. I have a few things left to get. I decided not to send parcels to NB this year except for my best friend and her girls that I had purchased for before I knew I was losing my job. I mailed it yesterday in a Sociable cracker box and it was over 20.00 to mail! Crazy!

My final pay was deposited today and was more than I expected so that was a nice little surprise. I also won $40.00 on the lottery yesterday so that paid for my parcel. EI is finally submitted and now waiting on approval.

I have to do some painting today but Kaitlyn is coming to help me this afternoon, so it shouldn’t be an all nighter this week!

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Today I will go to the gym for the first time in several months.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,516 Member
    Options
    But equally, I'm not going to beat myself up. I will learn from it and move on. And the lesson I've learned is that I need to have a plan for the drinking and STICK TO IT. I've actually got much better for having and sticking to a plan for eating, but I tend to be more spontaneous plan for drinking and that really just doesn't work for me.

I can put this into action tonight - company Christmas party! My plan for tonight is actually not to drink at all. I have a job interview tomorrow, so cannot afford to be tired or even remotely off colour. I don't think I can trust myself to stop after one drink at a Christmas party, so it's going to have to be alcohol free! I have asked two work buddies to help me stick to this.

Great plan for tonight & best wishes on your interview Friday!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was a total bust. I’m just going to leave it there and move on. It’s currently 3 minutes to 10(UPDATE! 10:43). We’ve been at the branch less than 2 hours! I don’t know how I am going to make it through the day! It doesn’t help that it’s dark and gloomy out. They are calling for some rain and maybe some snow flurries. It’s one of those days that I wish I was home under a blanket with a cup of coffee and a book. I keep getting side tracked by staring out my big window next to my desk. All it is is the main drag in a downtown section of the town that I live/work in. But I’m so bored that my mind wonders off. Lol. Today is going to be better though! The DH has a PT appointment today. He dropped me off at work today and then is picking me up again at the end of the day so that I can speed him to the appt. Dinner probably won’t be until after 7. I have to ask him if he can see if we have tomato sauce so I can make my Skillet Lasagna recipe. It’s really yummy and we haven’t had it in a while. I also didn’t bring anything for lunch because we don’t really have any fresh leftovers that I would feel comfortable eating. Lol. I think cleaning out the fridge is on the agenda for this weekend. I am running out of clean food containers.

So I am going to stick to my plan and order a salad for lunch. If it is a large one I will only eat half. I want to try what do the “Don’t be afraid of being hungry” that @Sofia_Alegria did yesterday. I used to do intermittent fasting but I’m used to drinking so much coffee in the morning that it was hard for me. I think I might try it again. It wasn’t that hard for me but it’s been so long since I’ve tried to fast. I know it’s been more than a year. I know that I can’t do it tomorrow because we are having a catered lunch by a Title Company that works with our Loan Processing Dept in the back of my branch. Maybe over the weekend. I don’t tend to eat too much during those days.

@Bex953172 I hate it when sleep is illusive! Have you tried taking Melatonin. I have the quick dissolve 5mg ones and they put me to sleep pretty fast but I wake up just fine. I’m not a groggy mess or anything like I sometimes was when I took prescriptions sleep aids. Was the Tooth Fairy quest a success?

@slittlemeister Good luck with the party. I’m glad that you have two people to keep you accountable! That definitely helps!

@toaljasa I agree with you on both accounts! I was describing this group to a coworker and I told her that it was a bunch of women and that we tend to scare the men away. Lol. And I would put the candy in the car or give it away as gifts. Let other people enjoy it. I know I definitely wouldn’t. I would just feel guilty.

@TimeToReduceFat I’ve always wanted to try stevia. How does it taste? Is it anything like sugar? I like sugar in my coffee. Not a lot but I want to try it before I commit to buying any.

@Faebert Have fun at the party. It’s always hard to host one. And that’s a lot of people! I hope your house is big enough. Lol.

@PackerFanInGB Yay for great days! That is awesome! Remember, motivation will dwindle but discipline is what keeps you moving forward. That’s my problem. I don’t have even an ounce of discipline in me. Lol

@Snowflake1968 That’s great! With all the stress from the ending of your job, you should be proud of that loss!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,516 Member
    Options
    Recap W 12/12 ~ Since I had walked dog during daylight over the weekend and scoped out the icy sections of our routes, I chanced walking before work/sunrise this morning with my headlamp. Even with the fading headlamp (note to self: recharge LED gear) I could see that more ice had melted, and I got home without any slip and falls. Yay! :D
    1) Walked dog 3.5 mi 1:04:23 / stretched = happy me & happy dog! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 17,506 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 61 floors :smiley: had busy evening (see #4) & mostly remembered 5 somethings :D
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / no snack after supper / net calories green / 14c water = Got home from work/market about hour later than usual & very hungry (tummy growling) so I ate an apple & some prunes ~ learned prunes are good fiber!) so that helped me stick w/ supper plan. Then so busy I felt hungry again & snacked on veggie straws and peanut M&Ms... but I think all the activity and multiple trips upstairs and to basement may have balanced that out. Net calories -139 :( , sodium -615 (who knew Vigo red beans & rice would be so high?), sugar -12, fiber good, protein excellent, 15c water (yay ~ even felt thirsty late evening but did not want to drink more so close to bedtime :p )
    4) Evening: Trading Post Market :smiley: got parsnips, rutabaga, sweet potatoes & cabbage ~ now to figure out exact meal plan / prep international card & gifts to be mailed :smiley: took more time than I thought to locate boxes the right size, holiday wrap, then ship-wrap, but ready to mail! / prep payments to mail :/ / charge LED gear :smiley: except now roads are icy again so won't be using / declutter 15 min. :smiley: way more than 15 min. ~ yay! / continue to decorate / meal plan & grocery list :smiley: plus reviewed more "winter" recipes I want to make again / other to-do's? made lunch for Th at work, digital decluttered (yay)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :smiley: (again, depending on weather & road conditions ~ want to walk dog before work Th)

JFT Th 12/13 ~ Don't know why but kept hitting snooze alarm this morning. At least I realized sky was getting lighter and I got up in time to get to work as usual. No dog walk before work anyway, with snow and freezing drizzle yesterday, which then froze over night. Our street is all icy again & it was VERY foggy this morning on drive to work. Last night was tricky just getting my car up the driveway and into the garage, had a little slipping going on.
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories green / 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Workplace mindfulness hike at lunchtime ~ leave on time (charge phone before)
    4) Work: webinar after hike & enjoy lunch at desk ~ don't inhale / run MMT report & upload to SP
    5) To-do's: prep international card dagnabbit! / mail packages & card after work / choir 6:30 / gas in car / grocery shop & put everything in its place / email SIL / others?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 (treadmill before work F)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Weds
    1. Log all food :)
    2. WATER WATER WATER :)
    3. Be patient and kind :)
    4. Finish printing eng. drawings :)
    5. Focus on the good :)
    6. Leave work 5-515 to pick up dog :)
    7. US appointment @ 6 :)
    8. Empty/fill dishwasher >:)
    9. Put away clean clothes :)
    10. Bed at 9:30 >:)
    11. Eat packed lunch :)
    12. Eat packed dinner :)

JFT Thurs AM
    1. Check gas gauges :)
    2. Smoothie :)
    3. Pack lunches :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Be kind - focus on the good
    3. Leave work 4:45
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Log all food
    6. Empty/fill dishwasher
    7. Cook dinner at home - make extra rice for lunches
    8. 10 squats/bathroom trip

JFT Friday AM
    1. Smoothie
    2. Elderberry
    3. Pack lunches
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    And another GYM FRIEND brought us all in Gooey Butter cake!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Your gym is exactly where the resistance muscle gets into shape. WE'LL ALL SPOT YOU! :D
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    And another GYM FRIEND brought us all in Gooey Butter cake!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Have you fed your bin recently?
    LOL
    I know it's not nice to do that but they don't know that do they, you could always portion a slice and then bin the rest or give it your daughter?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928
    Tooth fairy was a success.

We sang the tooth fairy song "tooth fairy tooth fairy, can you hear me? I have something here that you'd like to see!"

Tbh I made it up on the spot and was well proud of myself lol felt like a lyrical genius!

Anyway yeah I folded a pound coin in some paper with a note in saying thank you for the tooth, well done for keeping them clean and here's a gift in return. And I did the handwriting all swirly and drew stars everywhere.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 ... I LOVE YOU!💕🌹
  • Bex953172
    Options

Oi what about me hehehe
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Oi what about me hehehe

Awwww dang, Mary, you always know when I need some extra loving. I love you too!!! And I love you too Bex!!! hehee
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

Have you fed your bin recently?
    LOL
    I know it's not nice to do that but they don't know that do they, you could always portion a slice and then bin the rest or give it your daughter?

The cake will be going to Michigan with us ... give it to the grandsons and our son. He'll love that!! Yes, I know they mean well, and no one wants to spend a lot of money. It is the thought that counts .... and so nice of them! But does it have to be sugary stuff!!!! Well.... I am going to return the favor LOL!! The candy my neightbor gave me ... I am going to the dollar store and buy little candy bowls ... and thats what they are all getting. Returning the favor .. right! :D
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good Afternoon Sisters... I love you💕
    I have been sick since Saturday night. Virus.
    I'm not over it completely, and my body has
    been weakened down because of it. I couldn't
    even keep water in me. No worries though....
    LMBO😂😂😂 I AM QUEEN OF MY PORCELAIN
    THRONE... And all subjects bowed down gracefully
    to my weapons, which brought about many sprays
    and attempts at ending the lingering affects of the
    countless blasts I ripped upon my throne.
    Ahhh yes. It is but I, Queen Smellyquin.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options

Oi what about me hehehe

Lol…... @Bex953172 ... Come here!... Yes! Yes! Yes! I love you tooooo(((HUGS))) both of you have just
    been squozen...lmbo. I love lovin on my sisters...😅🙌🙌🙌
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @clicketykeys What grade do you teach? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your class, I love all your assignment ideas - Language Arts/English was always my favorite subject. Good luck with the larger class size next semester!

10th grade this semester. Next semester? Well I sure hope they tell me before classes start XD