Options

Replies

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    A follow up from Friday:

1. Log all food 😐Did most
    2. Drink 150oz water🙂
    3. Share the chocolate with coworkers that unexpectedly arrived in the mail from a friend.🙂
    4. Try to slow down and take each thing as it comes at work.🙂a truly stressful day but I feel like I successfully left it at the office
    5. Meditate twice😐did once

Yesterday I made cookies for gifts and who can make cookies and not eat a bunch? So, I’m writing yesterday off.
    JFT Sunday
    1. Log food
    2. Finish getting gifts ready
    3. Do TRX workout in the dark before everyone wakes up 👍
    4. Drink 100oz water
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for strength class by 8:30.
    3. Shower. WRITE ESSAY. Finish Marilla. Begin Daughter of Time. Add to Goodreads.
    4. Grade. Grade. Grade. Grade. Cry. Grade.
    5. Put laundry away - hang up clothes first! Do another load or two. Put DVDs on Plex.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00. Check on Plex with C next week. Check on IXL account with math dept next week. Check on barn order next week. Take button designs to library Monday. CALL AHEAD.

JFT Sunday
    2. Check recipes and update grocery list. Send D for groceries.
    3. Write essay.
    4. Grade. Grade. Grade.
    5. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00. Check on Plex with C next week. Check on IXL account with math dept next week. Check on barn order next week. Take button designs to library Monday. CALL AHEAD.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background. Create buttons at library.

Yesterday was something of a bust. I'm feeling better today. Still bummed about the conference, but not paralyzed. Which is good, because I've got a TON of work to do!
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sunday Status:
    1. Do week 1 Day 2 of C25K. ❎☹️couldn’t do it. So walked for 3 Km
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya✅
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food ❎
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee❎
    5. Be within the calorie limit❎
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.❎

Monday JFT (17.12.2018):
    1. Do week 1 Day 2 of C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.
    7. Shower in the morning instead of night

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I said yes to a dress!!!!!!! Cant even believe I squeezed into a sample, mine will be here in 3 weeks!

Yeah!!!! Love the dress!!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Saturday, 12/15/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day :/
    2) Put up our Christmas tree :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :/
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :/

JFT (Sunday, 12/16/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Get my hair cut
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday December 15
    2L of water 1.75
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Only 1 Evening Snack - 2 but the second was an orange
    5 something at bathroom break - 😂
    5 fruit/veggie - 2/5
    Walk 1 mile - probably pacing back and forth behind my table
    Write in Journal - 😕. Too tired
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - 🙂

JFT - Sunday December 16
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

Well I made the table fee back yesterday but I’m still hoping today is much better. I needed a 600 weekend to make Christmas less stressful. I found out about a show on Friday in a small town about an hour away. I’m waiting for them to send me the vendor pack today to register. I won’t be making anymore stock just taking what I have left.

@clicketykeys sorry you had a disappointing response.

@Faebert sounds like a good time was had by all.

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Gonna have a very easy day after two days of terrible indulgences.

JFT, 12-16-18

1. Log all my food good or bad
    2. Do laundry!!!
    3. Fold laundry
    4. Food in crockpot!(going to do this now!)
    5. Actually eat dinner!
    6. Do the dishes
    7. Food shopping if I feel up to it
    8. Bed early(I've had too many late nights recently)

Okay...so maybe not an easy day...Lol
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oh dear a terrible day for me. Had a stupid row with the bf and ended up walking out. Have been home looking for the answer in toast and cake since I got back but funnily enough didn’t find it there! 🙄

Going to give up on today and go to bed and hope tomorrow is better.

Sunday goals
    - morning run (only if I feel better in the next half an hour) ❎
    - Quality time with bf❎
    - Pick up car from ex✅
    - Home in time to do some laundry ✅
    - Parking vouchers on car before bed ❎ filthy weather- will do them in the morning
    - Take workout mat and exercise ball back downstairs ✅
    - Early night✅ going now

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Parking vouchers on car
    - Load car with party leftovers
    - GAG to LC
    - Run home lunchtime for car
    - Stocking fillers for girls
    - early night
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 - love the dress! So excited for you.

@snowflake1968 - hope you had a better day and sell all your products

Have I missed some posts? Hope @maryrobinson40 @mytime6630 and @PackerFanInGB are all ok?

X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I have good news and bad news!
    The good news is that Marley has stopped being sick and hasn't been sick for the past 48 hours.

The bad news is that Casey has been sick twice (every night at bedtime) for the past 48 hours.

If I never ever ever had to clean sick again it would still be too soon.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @Faebert I'm so sorry you and the bf had a fight. The DH have been arguing a lot recently too. It's never fun.

@Bex953172 That's great about Marley and terrible about Casey! I fear the days that I will have to clean up vomit. Lol
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Faebert I'm so sorry you and the bf had a fight. The DH have been arguing a lot recently too. It's never fun.

@Bex953172 That's great about Marley and terrible about Casey! I fear the days that I will have to clean up vomit. Lol

Haha I don't mind the odd sick.
    But when it's been everyday (sometimes. Multiple times in a day) then the smell really starts to get to you.

I reached the end of my tether the second to last time marley was sick. She woke up crying, I ran up asking if she felt sick, she said no no sick no sick, so I thought she must of had a nightmare. For her to projectile on me. And then she lay right back down and went to sleep and I was just sat there like oh my god.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Gonna have a very easy day after two days of terrible indulgences.

JFT, 12-16-18

1. Log all my food good or bad ✔️ Including the several pieces of candy that I had
    2. Do laundry!!! ✔️ I have one left but it's mainly towels and sweatshirts
    3. Fold laundry ✔️ This takes a surprisingly long time because I do 3 loads at a time and fold the clothes a certain way plus 1/3 of it had to get hung up
    4. Food in crockpot!(going to do this now!)❌ The chicken I was going to use had gone bad... My fault
    5. Actually eat dinner!✔️ We had a throw back meal to when we were really poor. A pasta-roni type thing but I beefed it up with 2-1lb chicken breasts. Lol. I actually got full before my plate was empty. The DH happily finished it for me. Lol. It was still tasty though.
    6. Do the dishes🔳In progess. A pot, a pan and a coffee cup
    7. Food shopping if I feel up to it✔️
    8. Bed early(I've had too many late nights recently) ✔️ Soon. I'm exhausted

I'm going to do this now so that if I don't get up when I want to tomorrow morning I can still say I posted them. I may not remember them, but at least they are up here.

1. Up by 6
    2. Yoga! Even if it's a short one! Just do it!
    3. Remember to bring lunch, oatmeal, headphones and coffee cup to work
    4. Work 815-515
    5. Gym after work (this might be too lofty a goal)
    6. Pork chops for dinner
    7. Dishes right after!
    8. Clean out fridge!
    9. Bed early.

Hope everyone has a good night/day! I'll try to hop on during work tomorrow!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75
    November 19th: 164.25
    November 26th: 162.5
    December 3rd: 160.75
    December 10th: 160.75
    December 17th: 164.5

Not super surprised about this one, as I've been eating like a pig all week! I had three Christmas parties, and on the days following the parties I overate due to tiredness/ hangover. So really, not surprising.

I will be better this week. There are some potential overeating occasions, but fewer than last week. I have to have a strategy at each to stay in control... To not go overbooked on that occasion, but also not to end up feeling rubbish the next day!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Last week at work before Christmas....I tell you what, I really need a break!

These last few weeks at work have been really tiring, I feel completely drained. And not only have I had normal work stress, I've also had interview prep/stress on top of it. So it's been pretty relentless!

And it isn't going to let up this week because I have been asked back for a second interview :smile:

They seem to want to wrap everything up by Christmas, which is a bit quick - everything seems to be moving rather quickly without much time to reflect on whether I really want it. Or rather, whether I want it ENOUGH to justify the pay cut that will come with it.

This week most of the preparation I do will be about researching the work/role to figure out (as far as is possible) if it would be a good move for me.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Finish work at 6pm latest
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Prep for second interview
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 0

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Avoid candy in the breakroom
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Wish all coworkers happy holidays, even those I am angry with.
    5. Do short workout when I get home.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Ahh man I'm getting lazy with this again!

Goals for Mon:
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise (maybe)
    - Take meds ✔️

Dont think there's anything else I need to do today..

Yesterday we tried pigeon for dinner.
    It was rank. Lol I'm not even sure the dog was sure about it!
    Thats probably the last time we be adventurous LOL
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So I tried stevia for the first time thanks to the recommendation from @TimeToReduceFat It's not bad. It has a bit of an aftertaste but I bet any new kind of sweetener would. Just because it's not what I'm used to. I think I will try to gradually add it to my coffee. Kind of like a little sugar and a little stevia and then switch the proportions so that I finally cut out the sugar completely. We will see how it works I suppose. Lol

So it's Monday...yay. Lol. I got up at 6:30 instead of 6 but it is definitely better than the 7:30 that I have been doing lately. Ran out of coffee pods last night and totally forgot about it this morning so I had to run around the corner and pick some up at a convenience store. Finally tried the stevia with this cup and I picked up my husband's energy drinks. I don't think I am going to do any yoga this morning but I am going to go to the gym after work. Even if it's just for a half an hour. I need to do something. I need to get off my butt and move! I won't be able to take any walks on my break until after the new year because...I won't get a break until then. LM is off today and tomorrow and then MG is off from Wednesday until after the new year. So it's no breaks and open to close every day...Woohoo. We are not going to let this happen next year. Lol. I think we had 4 days this month where all three of us were actually in the branch together.

I did all the laundry that was hanging out on the bedroom floor yesterday so now I actually have space in the bedroom to workout or do yoga without disturbing the DH, in the evenings. I think I might do that today too. I don't think I specified on my goals WHEN I had to do my yoga. Lol.

Okay. I should probably go get ready for work. Lol.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    2. Check recipes and update grocery list. Send D for groceries.
    3. Write essay.
    4. Grade. Grade. Grade.
    5. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Check on Plex with C next week. Check on IXL account with math dept next week. Check on barn order next week. Take button designs to library Monday. CALL AHEAD.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Duo. Blog post. Still need to set up with gastro. TAKE SHOES. GRADE GRADE GRADE.
    2. Review S2 plans and compare to S1 plans / notes. Check absences and compare to plans. Check on barn order with K. Check on Plex with C. Continue updating poetry quiz. Check on IXL account? Call library and check on button-maker.
    3. Class 2-3: Exam prep. Grade Prince analyses. Students finished? Alphabetize work.
    4. Class 4: Final exams. Create student list (w/ classes & grades) for S2
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    6. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. LIBRARY. Check in with B. Check in with parents.
    7. Prep Tue lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45, devices off by 9:00, alarm set for 5:00. Look for low prices on eyepins and crimp beads.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 191.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background. Create buttons at library.

So much grading. :(
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words about the dress - I was so excited to share with you all!

JFT Monday
    1. Three waters before lunch, another three after
    2. Do 30 minute workout at lunchtime (cut it back to 20 minutes if time restraints)* do it at home if all else fails
    3. Log all food
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Kind self talk
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher
    8. Load of laundry
    9. Car dealership @ 3