Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    awhit4842 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Do not eat sweets in the breakroom. Seriously people, stop bringing in delicious cookies!
    3. Go to the gym this morning
    4. Drink 150oz water
    5. Do not cancel doctors appointment tomorrow. I have an appointment with my weight management doctor and even though she says I should still come in if I’m not doing well, it still feels like a huge disappointment when I go and that number hasn’t budged or has gone up. I’m trying not to have many expectations since it’s around the holidays.

I can understand the hesitation in going but the accountability in going might help you in the future.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday December 18
    2L of water 1.75
    Calories in Green - 😈
    Only 1 Evening Snack - 😈
    5 something at bathroom break 🙂
    5 fruit/veggie 2/5
    Walk 1 mile - 😕
    Write in Journal - 😕
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - 😈

JFT - Wednesday December 19
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

Well I’m slipping back into poor habits food wise. Carbs, carbs and more carbs. I’m struggling with food choices because of lack of food in the house but I’m avoiding shopping right now becausey EI hasn’t been approved so I don’t know when money is coming in.

I did get the last of the big gifts bought yesterday. Still need a few stocking stuffers for hubby and sons in law. I bought my EMT sin in law a Stars hoodie, Stars is the local air ambulance here. 90% of the cost of the hoodie goes back to Stars as a donation. He works out of a rural station and has had to call for air transport so this will mean something to him.

I started the stocking for the other son in law, definitely a daylight job with my eyes!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. WATERS :)
    2. Eat packed lunch :)
    3. Cook dinner at home - steak burrito bowls (make extra rice for lunch) :)
    4. Log all food :)
    5. Empty/Fill dishwasher o:) DH did it
    6. Load of laundry >:)
    7. Kind self talk :)
    8. Pick up HCG tests at dollar store :) but it was negative.

UGGHHHH. Is my current mood. Morning was stressful - that I can manage. But then I got a call from a friend/old boss and knew that it was either really good news or really bad news. It was the latter. The crew foreman, who was so so so kindhearted and just a good man, took his life last week. It hit me like a ton of bricks. It happened on the night of their company Christmas party - so I'm feeling a little bitter about the holiday season right now. Work is also driving me batty - but focusing on the stressors isnt going to help me. All I can do is focus on the things I do have control over (insert serenity prayer on repeat). So...

JFT
    1. Drink smoothie
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Cook dinner at home - Chicken Teriyaki Salad
    4. Empty/fill dishwasher
    5. Kind self talk
    6. Two waters before noon - three after - one with dinner
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap T 12/18
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.6 mi 1:05:36 / stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings = Fitbit 19,325 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (webinar) & 44 floors :smiley:
    3) Snacks & meals prelogged / NO snack after supper ~ make sure I eat enough fiber & protein / net calories green / 14c water = Stuck w/ plan but late evening (tired & frustrated) I ate several spoonfuls of chicken salad I was making for hubby then ate fun size candy (only 1). In my defense, I was decorating / light cleaning for > 2 hours. Net calories green (maybe) :neutral: , sodium -1,130 :s , sugar green (yay), fiber & protein good, 14c water
    4) PA-CA project summarization & folders (maybe during webinar) = Multi-tasked on something else during webinar... everything for project ready for folders and final check by end of day T :smile:
    5) To-do's: mail cards :smiley: / complete donations :smiley: / make chicken salad for hubby :# finally did at 10 p.m. even though I REALLY didn't want to but I had promised hubby ~ after all, it's partly why I bought the rotisserie chicken :p / finish decorating :# everything but snowman collection ~ searched & searched, can't find plastic canvas stitching of gingerbread house (which I love) made for me by my sister decades ago & that's really ticking me off ~ where could I have put that?!? / wash dishes maybe W? :# / other? dusted & packed up photos & tchotchkes as I went, put stuff in decorations boxes & stored in basement, brought misc decorations & boxes w/ snowman collection up from basement ~ lots of trips up/down stairs in evening, and I was tired :tired_face:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :s (walk dog W before work)

JFT W 12/19
    1) Walked dog before work ~ last time before sunrise this year since I will be off work starting Friday ~ yay! 3.61 mi 1:04:40 / stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 14c water
    4) Evening: bank ~ pay property taxes & cash for gifts / put out snowman decorations / WASH DISHES / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify alarm (no dog walk Th), bed & tv off 10:30
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 So so sorry for your loss. You are dealing with a ton of crap right now. Consider yourself hugged! <3

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Doing the last of the shopping tomorrow, we're going to a large shopping centre (mall) for the last of the Xmas shopping.
    And I just sat on my. Glasses and snapped them clean in half right in the middle.

OH is trying to superglue them now LOL.
    Only me.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 so sorry for your loss, I can't even begin to imagine how that must feel
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Thank you @cschmitz110515 and @Bex953172 <3<3<3 loving on my people extra hard today because you just never know what's going on in someones mind. Love you all!!!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @Bex953172 hope the glasses surgery went well! Have fun shopping, the girls must be getting so excited!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I'm making weird things with whats in the house and no grocery trip until at least Friday! Even then I really dont want to go to a pre christmas grocery store!

@Faebert your girls must be getting excited for Christmas, but I totally get your moments of frustration I'm right there with you and ive done 1/4 of the running around and prepping that you have!

@mytime6630 hugs to you! Less than "perfect" choices are going to happen, but youre being kind to yourself in the process and know that tomorrow is always a chance to keep trying! I hope your daughter might decide to join you for the holidays after all. Hang in there, i know its a tpugh season for you but youre doing awesome!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @AJB1014 so sorry for your loss.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:00. Zumba 9:00, Strength 10:00. Therapy 2:00. Strength 4:30.
    3. Grade final essays. Grade all late work.
    4. Nibble celery. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Create a PDF supplement for the poetry test. Create a test on MLA style using Google Forms.
    6. Practice French braiding with D. Check ongoing list below. Write? HAHAHAHAHA.
    7. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo.
    2. Strength/balance. Finish grading late work. Grade finals.
    3. Do something school-related. Vocabulary prep? See below.
    4. Laundry and dishes away. Create a test on MLA style using Google Forms.
    5. Dinner with B downtown. Zumba 5:30.
    6. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Pretty stoked! Asked the therapist about starting running again and she went WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! but when I pointed out that I was asking because my appointments this week are closer together (going back Friday) and that it's supposed to be cold and rainy so I'd be inside on a treadmill, she had me get on the treadmill there to check my gait. I walked for a little at 4.0, nice quick pace, and then did 5 minutes at 5.8. WOW that was tough! She said that if I started to get fatigued to dial it back to walking so that I could make sure I wasn't favoring that foot again. So hopefully tomorrow I can run a little! :D

Did NOT get all the grading done. Just couldn't get through it, alas! I'll have to do more tomorrow. Maybe I can finish it off then...
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss @AJB1014 - what a devastating shock. Sending love and hugs.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I did well yesterday and am now starting to get excited about finishing up work for a couple of weeks. Two more days! The bf phoned last night and we have sort of made up. He can be super stubborn so it’s real progress that he was the one to reach out. I’m going to go and see him after work tonight to give him his Christmas presents and hopefully we’ll be ok. Also today the kids at school have their class Christmas parties. There will be junk food galore and I think my best strategy is to just not eat any of it. I know by the time this afternoon rolls around I’ll be tired and find it hard to moderate. So I’m just going to abstain. With only five more sleeps until Christmas it’s just not worth it!

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout if ankle ok ✅
    - parking vouchers on car ✅
    - take gifts for godchildren in to work ✅
    - wrap gift for class and take to DH office ✅
    - parent session at 9:30 ✅
    - leave on time ✅
    - meet V and H to give godchildren gifts ✅
    - call leather repair shop ❎
    - check jewellery dispatch ✅
    - early night ❎ on phone until late

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Parking vouchers on car
    - Home at lunchtime for car and gifts
    - Leave extra food for the cat
    - Class Xmas party in afternoon - no eating!
    - Leave on time - pick up mended belt en route
    - Track delivery
    - Go to bf and have a nice evening

Hope everyone is doing ok. Have a good Thursday x
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wednesday status:
    1. Do week 1 Day 3 of C25K Done. I might have to repeat week 1.
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya x
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee x
    5. Be within the calorie limit x
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient. x
    7. Shower in the morning instead of night x

Thursday JFT (20.12.2018):
    1. Walk
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
    7. Shower in the morning instead of night
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    UGGHHHH. Is my current mood. Morning was stressful - that I can manage. But then I got a call from a friend/old boss and knew that it was either really good news or really bad news. It was the latter. The crew foreman, who was so so so kindhearted and just a good man, took his life last week. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

I am so very very sorry that you had such bad news. Having a brother myself that took his life,I know how traumatic to hear that kind of news is. So very sorry. Hugs to you.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind to myself and have realistic expectations
    2. Meditate twice
    3. Drink 100oz water
    4. Clean the house to get ready for relatives visiting
    5. Don’t go nuts eating all Christmas goodies in sight just because I’m off work
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL. …
    IT'S RAINING HERE IN CORNELIUS, NORTH CAROLINA and I'm singing in the rain..
    Honey Child, Gene Kelly not the only one who can do it... Lol….
    I can bathe and wash my clothes at the same time in the rain... LMBO 😁
    MY POINT is... TURN THOSE LEMONS INTO LEMONADE... OR THOSE GRAPES INTO WINE.
    ENJOY YOURSELVES GIRLS🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 HAVE A HAPPY!!!