JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I love every craft more than the last!

@Bex953172 tree looks great! And what a lovely picture of the countryside! Marley is so silly and sweet!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous pics @Bex95312 and @snowflake1968 - I know I’ve said it before but you are just so talented!

I didn’t end up going to the bf last night. I have work today so we decided to leave it until Sunday when the ex has the kids overnight. They’ve been at my parents for a week as they finished school a week before me - miss them so much! Can’t wait to collect them tomorrow.

Actually quite relieved I didn’t go last night as I managed to finish all my Christmas wrapping - even the stocking fillers! And yesterday had a major NSV as I didn’t snack at the class party and didn’t crack into the pannetonne that was given to me as a gift. Its one of my major, kryptonite trigger foods! Luckily only around this time of year but I know once I start I can’t stop so I may well have to regift it!

Thursday goals recap
    - morning workout ❎ needed a rest
    - Parking vouchers on car ✅
    - Home at lunchtime for car and gifts ✅
    - Leave extra food for the cat ✅
    - Class Xmas party in afternoon - no eating! ✅ (just some carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes) 😇
    - Leave on time - pick up mended belt en route ✅
    - Track delivery ✅
    - Go to bf and have a nice evening ❎ going Sunday instead

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Parking vouchers on car
    - Remember to take gift for N
    - Classroom tidy up and gather docs for shredding
    - Email thank you to class parents for gifts
    - Buy flowers for M at lunchtime
    - Buy gift tags
    - Pub after work? No alcohol and home at a decent hour for sensible dinner
    - Early night

Happy Friday!! X
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa Thank you for the warm welcome, and congrats on all your weight loss!

So, I met my goals for today...
    JFT:
    1) eat my planned meal plan, & if have to change it for any reason, then adjust but don't blow it!!!

I did have to change it! I ENDED UP TOSSING THE SMART ONES MEAL THAT I HAD PLANNED FOR LUNCH. tHERE WAS A BONE OR SOMETHING IN IT. And, I didn't like the taste... So, I went to Chipotle and had a kids meal. It was soo tough -- not ordering a big burrito or some queso or a 2nd kid's quesadilla. But, I did well!

2) resist the temptation of cupcakes that are in my office by coworkers. I have the only table in our entire office suite.

IT WAS HARD, BUT I DID IT! Oh, didn't mention that there were cookies, too. But, I done good! heehee

3) resist the other temptations that may be offered to me.

4) drink at least 4 glasses of water

5) go to bed at midnight --

This one didn't happen. I'm still awake...

6) make list for tomorrow
    7) get things ready for tomorrow

Linda (Elbee1)

• Elbee1
    Options

dec 21, 2018 fri.
    JFT:
    1) eat my planned meal plan, & if have to change it for any reason, then adjust but don't blow it!!!
    ***Extra Challenge*** Dinner party tonight at Mexican Restaurant. Not sure what's low calorie. I'm thinking cup of tortilla soup without cheese. Side order of Grilled/sautéed veggies. 12 tortilla chips, 1/2 c. Black bean dip, 1.5 flour tortillas. If I eat any kind of chicken, I'm afraid that o won't be able to limit the quantity. Other choice would be chicken w/ veggies. No soup or anything else. Fajitas -/ I wouldn't be able to control myself. But maybe.
    ***After dinner challenge, desserts at friends house. I haven't been with this group in about a year. We are all old friends who haven't seen each other in a year. Large group of us. I will resist the wine & frozen margueritas at dinner. This is tough. If fruit, I'll have that. Or maybe I'll forgo the tortillas & chips. So I can have wine for toasts.

Oh, dang! It's pretty hopeless!

2) resist the temptation of cupcakes & cookies that are in my office by coworkers. I have the only table in our entire office suite.
    3) resist the other temptations that may be offered to me.
    4) drink at least 4 glasses of water
    5) go to bed at midnight
    6) make list for tomorrow
    7) get things ready for tomorrow

Linda (Elbee1)

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Check on therapy time for Friday; can it be afternoon?
    2. Strength/balance. Finish grading late work. Grade finals.
    3. Do something school-related. Vocabulary prep? See below.
    4. Laundry and dishes away. Create a test on MLA style using Google Forms.
    5. Dinner with B downtown. Zumba 5:30.
    6. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Leave for Y by 5:30. YIKES! Take charged headphones and ipad.
    2. Leave for therapy by 9:15.
    3. Grade finals. Work on MLA test. Work on grammar plans.
    4. Movie with D? Practice French braiding. Go for a walk!
    5. Groceries? Make Pavlova.
    6. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores. Practice French braiding on D's hair.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Tomorrow we have family time. That means food. AND it's during my class at the Y, so I'll just have to do something on my own. I'm going to try to get the finals graded before leaving for therapy, and if I have some down-time there I'll see if I can't plan out my grammar progression and pair it with the reflective writing, so that I know we have some in-class review/practice (probably at least 2-3 days' worth) before I assign it for homework.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Drink smoothie for PM snack >:) But I was following my hunger cue and didnt over eat dinner so win!
    2. Eat packed lunch :)
    3. Cook dinner at home - Shepherds Pie (Half recipe/small casserole dish) :)
    4. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    5. Kind self talk :| struggling but that okay
    6. Two waters before noon - three after - one with dinner :)
    7. ONE LOAD OF LAUNDRY - JUST ONE. No excuses tonight :)
    8. Dollar store :)
    9. Finish drafting parts order, have ready for review tomorrow >:) So distracted these past few days, and had to put out some other fires yesterday, but back at it today!

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food - the good, the bad, and the ugly - its going to be one of those days
    2. Back at the parts order
    3. Be kind - but put your feelings first, don't burn out just to please others
    4. Do not take peoples crap personally
    5. Focus on the good
    6. Have fun at moms!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday December 20
    2L of water - 😈 only 500 mls
    Calories in Green - 😕 over by 40
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break 😕
    5 fruit/veggie - 1/5
    Walk 1 mile - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! -🙂

JFT - Friday December 21
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

Stayed up late last night so I could sleep in today since I know it will be a late night, I couldn’t sleep in. This could be a long day!

I have the stocking almost done, another 4 hours or so to go! Tomorrow I’ll finish up the projects and hopefully the shopping.

I’m missing being on a computer to really post well on here. I am reading every word though!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 ...@HeGoddard...@mytime...@Faebert...@PackerFanInGB... @Snowflake1968 ...OOZING EXTRA
    LOVE AND HUGS YOUR WAY!!! OH WHAT THE HECK, I LOVE GIVING HUGS... EVERYONE... COME HERE!!!
    GIVE ME! GIVE ME! GIVE ME!😂🙌. A ROUND OF HUGS FOR ALL!
    YIPPIEEEEE! Happy Weekend.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 ...@HeGoddard...@mytime...@Faebert...@PackerFanInGB... @Snowflake1968 ...OOZING EXTRA
    LOVE AND HUGS YOUR WAY!!! OH WHAT THE HECK, I LOVE GIVING HUGS... EVERYONE... COME HERE!!!

A hug right back to you!
  • Faebert
    Options

Happy weekend to our best cheerleader 😉😄
  • Faebert
    Options
    So I failed in the willpower battle with the pannetonne last night...😬 Should have given the thing away yesterday! I’m here to confess but am now going to leave pannetonne-gate behind me as I’ve disposed of what was left and move on with a lovely day with my kids. Otherwise yesterday hit all my goals and excited for the weekend and Christmas now!

Friday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Parking vouchers on car ✅
    - Remember to take gift for N ✅
    - Classroom tidy up and gather docs for shredding ✅
    - Email thank you to class parents for gifts ✅
    - Buy flowers for M at lunchtime ✅
    - Buy gift tags ✅
    - Pub after work? No alcohol and home at a decent hour for sensible dinner ✅ shame the dinner wasn’t so sensible😬
    - Early night ✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - pick up kids from parents
    - grocery shopping and out for lunch with the girls
    - afternoon movie with the kids?
    - laundry
    - gift tags on presents after kids in bed
    - early night

Have a great day all x
  • Elbee1
    Options
    dec 21, 2018 fri.
    JFT:
    ***Extra Challenge*** Dinner party tonight at Mexican Restaurant. Not sure what's low calorie. I'm thinking cup of tortilla soup without cheese. Side order of Grilled/sautéed veggies. 12 tortilla chips, 1/2 c. Black bean dip, 1.5 flour tortillas. If I eat any kind of chicken, I'm afraid that o won't be able to limit the quantity. Other choice would be chicken w/ veggies. No soup or anything else. Fajitas -/ I wouldn't be able to control myself. But maybe.
    ***After dinner challenge, desserts at friends house. I haven't been with this group in about a year. We are all old friends who haven't seen each other in a year. Large group of us. I will resist the wine & frozen margaritas at dinner. This is tough. If fruit, I'll have that. Or maybe I'll forgo the tortillas & chips. So I can have wine for toasts.

Oh, dang! It's pretty hopeless!

:) I done good, y'all!
    I was unbelievably good at dinner and at friend's house. I actually DIETED SUCCESSFULLY all day! It was really a challenge because not only the dinner, but the couple who had us over to her house... actually MADE Tiramisu!!! I made myself only eat a very small piece of it... really just a little more than a taste. It was soo good, but I did not focus on that... Also, I did not order wine, sangria or a frozen swirl marguerita at the restaurant. AND, I declined Bailey's and coffee at their house (and wine). I stuck with water at our friend's house.

At dinner, I was very careful. Had cup of tortilla soup (ordered with No Cheese) and a side order of grilled veggies, 1 tortilla & 6 chips, about 1/3 cup of black bean dip.

During the day; however, was much more challenging. I had something weird happen at work. I was dizzy/unsteady. That lasted for a couple hours. After the first hour, I ate my late breakfast that I had left sitting on my disk. Kellogs Crisps. I realized that I probably just needed to eat that breakfast... So, at 1pm, I did. I thought that I was just hungry, but it didn't help. So, at 2pm, I called my DH to come... and it turned out that mostly, I just needed to eat more food. So, at 3pm, I ate lunch. DH took my pulse when he got to my office building, but it was normal. We thought the Walgreens next door might be able to have my blood pressure taken... but after waiting for the pharmacist who said she could... we ended up leaving to get something to eat. I think she had forgotten about me since they were very crowded. I did feel better after lunch. Not completely gone, but much better. However; I could NOT stick with my lunch plan, so had Jason's Deli, instead. I had a cup of soup & a 1/2 sandwich. So, I had more calories than planned today, but still within the calorie range that I am aiming for... just the high end of it.

2) resist the temptation of cupcakes & cookies that are in my office by coworkers. I have the only table in our entire office suite. :)
    3) resist the other temptations that may be offered to me. :)
    4) drink at least 4 glasses of water ;) I'm not sure if I had 4 glasses of water, today, or not. I lost track.
    5) go to bed at midnight :(
    6) make list for tomorrow :(
    7) get things ready for tomorrow :(

Linda (Elbee1)

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay got a couple of pics to show you! I'll put them in spoilers so it doesn't take up the whole page LOL

This is my tree..
    nqkx2b1qdq3g.jpg

This is the view I had on the way to one of the cities near me, Stoke not Manchester.
    s4z3e2crq5y7.jpg

And a couple of Marley making an escape and at the shopping centre
    h9p6igaizuiz.jpg
    f94b93ugra9s.jpg

I don't have any new pics of Casey really but I will do at some point

Beautiful tree and view, Bex!

Marley is adorable. Love her sparkling eyes! <3
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    These are my ladders, the one with the train was for my daughter, the other one I sold.

bq1wwg8s0f4h.jpeg
    wzubnu342jh9.jpeg

What a great idea! I particularly love the "theme" of the second ladder. <3
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Leave for Y by 5:30. YIKES! Take charged headphones and ipad.
    2. Leave for therapy by 9:15.
    3. Grade finals. Work on MLA test. Work on grammar plans.
    4. Movie with D? Practice French braiding. Go for a walk!
    5. Groceries? Make Pavlova (maybe go for a walk here).

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo.
    2. Family time. Yay. Still need to grade more finals. *sigh*
    3. Movie with D if no time Friday. Or maybe another movie. (Spiderman and Ralph both look good.)
    4. Check in with parents. Sunday evening tree decorating? Work on MLA test. Work on grammar plans.
    5. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores. Practice French braiding on D's hair.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Physical therapist said I'm doing really well! But I don't have another appointment until Wednesday (they're closed Monday and Tuesday for Christmas). So I need to make sure to do my exercises. Today is Family Food Day. I'm having an egg-white omelet before heading over there and I'm going to try to eat as close to nothing at all as possible while I'm there.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Log all food - the good, the bad, and the ugly - its going to be one of those days :)
    2. Back at the parts order :|
    3. Be kind - but put your feelings first, don't burn out just to please others :)
    4. Do not take peoples crap personally :)
    5. Focus on the good :)
    6. Have fun at moms! <3 going tonight. Somehow got our dates mixed up and brother in laws birthday is actually tonight hahaha. So going to moms tonight and having a nice dinner out, win win.

Jft
    1. Log all the food, even the restaurant food
    2. Clean the house
    3. Be grateful, focus on the good
    4. Kind self talk
    5. Drink water!
    6. Shower before 3
    7. Move the laundry
  • Faebert
    Options
    Weekend quiet on here! I guess even more so with Christmas around the corner. Had a good day with the kids today. Tomorrow they are having an early Xmas celebration with their dad and his family. I will go and see bf and will be hoping we’ve moved past our squabbling last week!

Saturday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - pick up kids from parents ✅
    - grocery shopping and out for lunch with the girls ✅
    - afternoon movie with the kids? ✅ introduced them to Home Alone - Xmas classic!
    - laundry ✅ started
    - gift tags on presents after kids in bed ✅
    - early night.... not yet but hopefully!

Sunday goals
    - morning workout
    - Kids ready by 8:30am
    - Pack and head to bf (remember gifts)
    - Stay patient and positive

Hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend x
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Love you ladies... Enjoy. I sure will... I must work on reinventing my life.
  • Snowflake1968
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JFT - Friday December 21
    2L of water - :/ 1.75
    Calories in Green - :D:D:D No and I have no idea how over they are.
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :p
    5 fruit/veggie - 2/5
    Walk 1 mile - Way more than that with the craft show
    Write in Journal - :/ Way too tired when i arrived home.
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - :)

JFT - Saturday December 22
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

I did well at the craft fair food-wise until I realized that there were still 5 hours to go and the concession area had no food I liked. Needless to say, by the time I got packed up and the car loaded it was 1125pm and I was starving!
    I stopped at McDonald's and had my old favourite meal from there. 2 Cheeseburgers plain with extra cheese, 1 Medium fries and 1 medium coke. I savoured every single bite of it and did not feel guilty in the least. I realized this is only the 2nd time I have had this since February when I used to eat it 2-3 times a week. I am quite proud of myself for that accomplishment. The show financially was OK, it wasn't the best show, but certainly not the worse. The table was very reasonable so it was worth it.

I got up this morning and before even posting my goals decided to go get my grocery shopping and the last of the gifts out of the way. I drove to a neighbouring town and went to two antique stores looking for some little thing for my daughter. I ended up getting her a Hallmark Ornament from 2000 and a tealight holder that has Santa warming his hands over a chimney. The top of the chimney is where the tealight sits. It is vintage, not antique, it is Partylite, but probably 15-20 years ago. I ended up being out of the house shopping for 4 hours! I can finally say that I'm almost done though. I need to grab 2 gift cards for my eldest, but I know exactly what I'm looking for. She is really struggling right now with her depression and is feeling like all she does is work or have the kids, she doesn't feel she gets any alone time to do anything for herself. We are getting her a gift card to Chapters and to Starbucks that are being put inside a card that says "Treat Yo' self" I will write a note to tell her to just drop the kids with me and she can go bury herself in books for a few hours.

I think this evening I will work on the stocking some more and hopefully get it finished, tomorrow I will finish the ladder I want to do for myself and then possibly do some baking. I have 3 things I want to do besides the pies, which I will do Christmas morning since it will be just hubby and I here until after lunch.

Well it is almost 5pm and I am just posting my goals, but I think except for my water I will still succeed. I know I walked more than a mile shopping alone!