JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - oooh a party! I love hosting and haven’t done it since we moved here because the place is too small. I miss it!

@Bex953172 - sleep eluded me last night too. Too much on my mind I guess.

@slittlemeister - I’m so excited for you for your interview, smart decision not to blow it because of a few drinks

@toaljasa - hen party lol

@TimeToReduceFat - great job on day 1, I have been thinking of doing that program but haven’t convinced myself yet.

@sofia_algera - I sold a lot of my supplies but kept punches, framelits and some special stamps. In February we are making my youngest daughter’s wedding invitations, this will be my 6th set of wedding invitations. We need to get them designed soon.
    @Faebert - oooh a party! I love hosting and haven’t done it since we moved here because the place is too small. I miss it!

@Bex953172 - sleep eluded me last night too. Too much on my mind I guess.

@slittlemeister - I’m so excited for you for your interview, smart decision not to blow it because of a few drinks

@toaljasa - hen party lol

@TimeToReduceFat - great job on day 1, I have been thinking of doing that program but haven’t convinced myself yet.

@sofia_algera - I sold a lot of my supplies but kept punches, framelits and some special stamps. In February we are making my youngest daughter’s wedding invitations, this will be my 6th set of wedding invitations. We need to get them designed soon.

@Snowflake1968 : let’s do it then!

• Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 You’re a total hoot! It’s a delight to read you :D

I second @cschmitz110515: Teachers are heroes. I was one for a couple of years until I decided that wasn’t my call.

@slittlemeister: Sending good vibes your way for your interview.

RECAP: 12/13/18
    Read my Advantages to Losing Weight card at least 3 times. :) I’m going to settle for reading this before each meal/snack
    Give myself credit at least 3 times :) Done. I wish I could do it more than 3 times but I guess that it will get easier with time.
    Differentiate between hunger, desire, cravings: No cravings nor desire to eat yesterday just plain hunger in the evening but stayed in the green and tamed (a little) my “mood.” I’ve decided that I get irritable/impatient/grumpy when hungry, just like a baby :s .

Working on Day 13 of the Beck Book: Overcome Cravings: LSDIR: Label/Stand Firm/Don’t give myself choices/Imagine aftermath/Remember advantages of losing weight. This is one that I’ll have to turn into a mantra just like HUNGER IS NOT AN EMERGENCY; CRAVINGS ARE NOT AN EMERGENCY!

JFT: 12/14/18
    Read my Advantages to Losing Weight card before meals/snacks
    Give myself credit at least 3 times
    Be mindful of my physical and emotional state in the evening when I get home from work

I’ll be traveling to see my Mom this weekend. She’s doing great in the Assisted Living. It really is a wonderful little place. We will have the conversation about not being able to go back to her apartment and needing to designate me as her Power of Attorney. I’m unsure as how she will take things but I’ll keep y’all posted.

Plenty of XOXOXOXOXOX’s your way. <3<3<3
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    I’ve decided that I get irritable/impatient/grumpy when hungry, just like a baby.

You're not the only one! Hubby knows when I get cranky, it's because I'm either: hungry, tired, hot, or cold. His usual response: Go eat something. LOL

Wishing all goes well on your visit with your mom.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Thursday, 12/13/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :)

Finally, a good day after a string of bad ones. Let's see if I can keep up the momentum! :smile:

JFT (Friday, 12/14/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 look for Stevia in the Raw or Truvia at a local coffee shop to try it before you buy it. I dont think dunkins has it, but a few local coffee places near me do. I switched and have not looked back! Also, a little bit goes a long way.
  • AJB1014
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Sooooo I was starving yesterday but I managed with the usual. I'm twice as starving today...we just went and got sausage egg cheese mcmuffins. And I was planning on eating a whole frozen pizza for dinner - because I'm feeling the need to eat a lot today. TOM approaching and a week of under eating due to stress are catching up to me I think. My inner voice has not been too kind the past few days so I'm trying to roll with the punches and not over restrict because I know for me, that leads to bingeing. Just feeling weird and kinda blahhhhh, PMS I suppose, such mood swings and crazy hunger. But maybe I should just do a little work out video at home tonight...I've been feeling like a slug when I get home but I know that energy begets energy so instead of giving into it, I'll give it a shot tonight.
  • Sofia_Alegria
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You're not the only one! Hubby knows when I get cranky, it's because I'm either: hungry, tired, hot, or cold. His usual response: Go eat something. LOL

Wishing all goes well on your visit with your mom.

My hubby doesn't get it just yet :) Thanks for the good wishes :)
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I've been feeling like a slug when I get home but I know that energy begets energy so instead of giving into it, I'll give it a shot tonight.

I've been doing my morning workouts but the last couple of days have not had the oomph to get around and move so I'm basically sitting for most of the time. Today, as I debated whether to take the elevator or the stairs b/c I've been a little under the weather, I realized that "sabotaging thoughts" are not just related to food ("you're not feeling well, take the elevator instead") They're and integral part of our natural tendency to take the path of least resistance. I ended up taking the stairs repeating in my mind, "If I don't feel good I'll just get off the stairs and do the elevator." I made it to my office on the 5th floor :D. I wish you a PHENOMENAL WORKOUT TONIGHT :D

• AJB1014
    Options
    I've been feeling like a slug when I get home but I know that energy begets energy so instead of giving into it, I'll give it a shot tonight.

I've been doing my morning workouts but the last couple of days have not had the oomph to get around and move so I'm basically sitting for most of the time. Today, as I debated whether to take the elevator or the stairs b/c I've been a little under the weather, I realized that "sabotaging thoughts" are not just related to food ("you're not feeling well, take the elevator instead") They're and integral part of our natural tendency to take the path of least resistance. I ended up taking the stairs repeating in my mind, "If I don't feel good I'll just get off the stairs and do the elevator." I made it to my office on the 5th floor :D. I wish you a PHENOMENAL WORKOUT TONIGHT :D

Thank you so much! Your comment helped me do it despite the little voice in my head saying otherwise! Wooohooo!!
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Friday's goals:
    1. Log food as I eat - Yes
    2. Pizza for lunch only one slice! Nope two piece and a dr. pepper
    3. Drink water at least 8 glasses- No I drank sweet tea and Dr. pepper and did not focus on my water
    4. 10,000 steps- I will hit it at 9,676 right now will be walking in place a bit before bed.
    5. Limit the sweets no more that one serving!! - almost had some mini candy bars when I got home only at one setting, but still a few to many.

Saturday's goals:
    1. Log food
    2. walk 10,000 steps ( Saturday's are harder for this make a conscious effort)
    3. Drink water
    4. Limit sweets!!!
    5. make good choices when eating out
    6. Grocery shop - get some healthy food for the week, plan meals
  • TimeToReduceFat
    Options
    Friday Status:
    1. If I’m early home, do week 1 Day 2 of C25K ❎
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya❎
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done✅
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee❎
    5. Be within the calorie limit✅
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.❎

Saturday JFT (15.12.18):
    1. If I’m early home, do week 1 Day 2 of C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday, 12/14/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :)

JFT (Saturday, 12/15/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Put up our Christmas tree
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
  • AJB1014
    Options
    I said yes to a dress!!!!!!! Cant even believe I squeezed into a sample, mine will be here in 3 weeks!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I said yes to a dress!!!!!!! Cant even believe I squeezed into a sample, mine will be here in 3 weeks!

Beautiful!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday December 14
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 😕
    Only 1 Evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break -😕
    5 fruit/veggie - 3/5
    Walk 1 mile 😕
    Write in Journal -😕
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! - 🙂

JFT - Saturday December 15
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

I am at a very slow craft show again today, so disappointed. Hopefully tomorrow is better.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 the dress is gorgeous! You look amazing!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Didn’t manage to check in yesterday as felt too rough following the party. It went really well - so well that the last guests left around 4am! I tidied up straight away so hit my bed at around 5:30am then was up two hours later to go and collect my daughter from a sleepover. Needless to say there was lots of indulgence at the party and then all kinds of recovery eating yesterday. Ugh!

The kids are at their dad’s now and I am at my bf. I went to see my godson yesterday to give Xmas presents before coming here and it was filthy weather all day. Freezing rain. By the time I got here I had nothing left. We’ve kind of just grumbled at each other so I’m hoping for a better day today. Up early now with the intention of going for a run but I just feel queasy and tired. Maybe I should just write off the whole weekend??

Sunday goals
    - morning run (only if I feel better in the next half an hour)
    - Quality time with bf
    - Pick up car from ex
    - Home in time to do some laundry
    - Parking vouchers on car before bed
    - Take workout mat and exercise ball back downstairs
    - Early night

Signed by a very feeble Faebert 🙁
  • TimeToReduceFat
    Options

Beautiful

• TimeToReduceFat
    Options
    Saturday status:
    1. If I’m early home, do week 1 Day 2 of C25K ❎
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya✅
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done✅
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee✅
    5. Be within the calorie limit✅
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.❎

Sunday JFT (16.12.18):
    1. Do week 1 Day 2 of C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday