JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 what a lovely picture! You look very elegant and your daughter is such a beauty! All three of you look so happy - glad you enjoyed it x
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I’ve binned the mince pies and the chocolate - now I’m stepping away from the Christmas cake....2019 ....just got to get the food under control 🙏❤️🥴 I do rubbish shops and realise not bought anything that’s healthy. As you say going to chalk it up to experience and move on. 2019 will be my fresh page turned😊
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday

Log all food.
    Stay under on calories without eating back all the exercise calories.
    Drink at least 10 cups of water.
    Go for a walk outside.
    Take a bike ride.
    One I saw on here last night: only eat sitting down!
  • Faebert
    Options
    Oh @bex953172 give yourself a break. If you think the cleaning will make you feel better then go for it but I suspect it might be better to try and rest if you can. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Please take good care of yourself. Your family needs you so take a breath and reset so you can be the mama lioness we know you are. Big hugs x
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Been to the hospital, he's come round now from the anaesthetic, they've wired his hand and wrist together and plastered it, he had dislocated it completely from the socket too so that's back in. he told the drs he hit it with a hammer..

I'm shattered, absolutely shattered, I'm now in the dilemma of j still have all this cleaning to do, and I want to do if because I want it go be nice for when he gets home.

I've not been a day without him since we got together 5 years ago apart from when I was in hospital after having the girls, I now know what it feels like be home alone ☹

I hope he heals fast, it sounds very painful. I find cleaning relaxes me when I’m home alone and no one around, but I wouldn’t push for perfection right now.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 what a lovely picture! You look very elegant and your daughter is such a beauty! All three of you look so happy - glad you enjoyed it x

Thanks so much! I have to admit I cried, I felt like one of my own was walking down the aisle.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 - I saw this and thought of you.c85hagx429z9.jpeg
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Been to the hospital, he's come round now from the anaesthetic, they've wired his hand and wrist together and plastered it, he had dislocated it completely from the socket too so that's back in. he told the drs he hit it with a hammer..

I'm shattered, absolutely shattered, I'm now in the dilemma of j still have all this cleaning to do, and I want to do if because I want it go be nice for when he gets home.

I've not been a day without him since we got together 5 years ago apart from when I was in hospital after having the girls, I now know what it feels like be home alone ☹

Bex, all I can do is send you massive amounts of hugs. I am so so sorry. I hope the first chance you get, you can go to the disability office, and file an appeal, and see if you can get it reinstated. Here in the US, if you file a appeal, you still get paid while the appeal is in process (they say you just have to pay it back if the appeal is denied). But I think you have enough proof, with hubby ending up in the hospital, that he needs that support.

I know for me, when I am super stressed, sometimes having a clean house is all that I can control and do. So maybe it will make you feel better, and not think too much about being alone, worrying about your partner, etc., if you can keep somewhat busy and have a nice clean house. But ..... you also need to get all the rest that you can. You have so many depending on you. Hang in there. I will say a prayer for you. But in the meantime... hugs and arms around you. <3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

Beautiful picture!! You look absolutely beautiful!! ( And I love your boots!).
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Beautiful picture!! You look absolutely beautiful!! ( And I love your boots!).

Awe thank you so much
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    @UTMom81 I just jumped in last week and it does seem like a close knit group who help each other along. I have not done well, but I feel confident that this is the group for me. I am looking forward to the 2019 thread & meeting my goals for 2019 with this group.

Thank you all who have been on this thread and are letting me take part.

Luv,
    Linda (Elbee1)

Love you back Linda, and you're on the right track! It's going
    to be okay. Hugs🌹💜
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172... As I read your posts, I started praying for you.
    I'm not being humorous right now, but you're one tough cookie.
    These are the times when I so desperately hope
    I were a financially rich woman. If I were, I would wire you
    some help.
    My heart aches for you. I love you and all my sisters here.
    I'm so glad you didn't keep these things inside. Thank
    you for trusting us with your cares. I hope you
    can feel my hug from across the miles.🙏😇💕
    Thank you to all my other Sisters for coming to Bex's
    aid.
    Awesome Thread!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Guys I have a confession. I am not a sweet eater normally. I can usually have sweets in the house and never touch them. I made sugar cookies on Christmas Eve at 10 at night because I found out my eldest didn’t have a chance to make them. She is the baker that makes them taste like my Grandmother’s. If she had made them I might have had a dozen cookies in the house, but I did and had about 3 dozen. Guess who has eaten most of these cookies? These cookies and a glass of milk are one of my favourite Christmas treats. The other one is a treat called Mocha Cakes. It is a pound or sponge cake cut in 1 - 1.5 inch squares, dipped in a very runny frosting and then rolled in finely chopped peanuts. Guess who has been eating these too? I was going to put them all in the freezer today and didn’t because I want to be able to put my Christmas tins away with the decorations. How is that for an excuse! I think tomorrow I need to wrap all of these goodies and put them in the freezer or deliver them to the local fire station.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, thank you all so much for your support and help and hugs, I did leave the cleaning and got some sleep.
    he's staying in even longer now, maybe til the end of the day. they've just found out he's severed a nerve.
    so I'm going to be having very nice chat with the disability office, heck I might just reapply seeing as they've now physically disabled him, they dont know if they can fix the nerve
  • Faebert
    Options
    hey everyone, thank you all so much for your support and help and hugs, I did leave the cleaning and got some sleep.
    he's staying in even longer now, maybe til the end of the day. they've just found out he's severed a nerve.
    so I'm going to be having very nice chat with the disability office, heck I might just reapply seeing as they've now physically disabled him, they dont know if they can fix the nerve

Oh gosh I’m sorry it’s bad news from the hospital. Wishing you lots of luck with the disability office. Did you speak to citizens advice? X
  • Faebert
    Options
    Guys I have a confession. I am not a sweet eater normally. I can usually have sweets in the house and never touch them. I made sugar cookies on Christmas Eve at 10 at night because I found out my eldest didn’t have a chance to make them. She is the baker that makes them taste like my Grandmother’s. If she had made them I might have had a dozen cookies in the house, but I did and had about 3 dozen. Guess who has eaten most of these cookies? These cookies and a glass of milk are one of my favourite Christmas treats. The other one is a treat called Mocha Cakes. It is a pound or sponge cake cut in 1 - 1.5 inch squares, dipped in a very runny frosting and then rolled in finely chopped peanuts. Guess who has been eating these too? I was going to put them all in the freezer today and didn’t because I want to be able to put my Christmas tins away with the decorations. How is that for an excuse! I think tomorrow I need to wrap all of these goodies and put them in the freezer or deliver them to the local fire station.

@snowflake1968 if it makes you feel any better I’ve done an awful lot of ‘clearing away’ of Christmas goodies by clearing them into my mouth. Weight is up this week unsurprisingly!

But we need to park that guilt. What’s done is done and today is a new day. Get those yummy treats to some people who need them. Great idea! X
  • Faebert
    Options
    Yesterday was yet another day full of good intentions where I basically managed everything except sensible eating. Christmas mode needs to stop now! At least I am home with the kids and no plans for New Years so no temptations there.

Today we are hitting the shopping centre armed with some gift cards we got. I’ve started the day with a good workout so hopefully I can keep busy and stop the mindless grazing.

Saturday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Finish laundry ✅
    - Head to parents for coffee ✅
    - Shopping centre in the afternoon? Not sure if I can bear the sales crowds...❎
    - Girls hair wash and pamper afternoon (mani/pedis)✅
    - Evening movie with the kids✅
    - Early night❎

Sunday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Shopping
    - Batch cook and freeze some meals for the kids
    - Sort ex mother in law visit for next week
    - Dust and vacuum
    - Maybe take down Christmas tree?

Have a lovely day everyone x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Oh gosh I’m sorry it’s bad news from the hospital. Wishing you lots of luck with the disability office. Did you speak to citizens advice? X

its closed today, got to ring tomorrow
    I'll also be ringing disability and DWP.

as for now I dont know what I'm going to do for rent or the washing machine.
    I'm tempted just to leave the rent, let him kick us out and go get a council house when were officially homeless, they would have to house us all together with 3 kids and a vulnerable adult which I'm a carer for.
    but I was hoping it wouldn't come to that.
    daft thing is is that we've told our landlord that we would keep up with the rent + an extra 200 per month to chip away at the arrears and then pay the outstanding in full in March when we intend to move out, but we cant even do that now.
    we were relying on a PIP payment to pay this month's rent.

any of you a secret millionaire lol?