JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JFT Sunday

Log all food (probably impossible today because of a Sunday Brunch) >:)
    Stay under on calories without eating back all the exercise calories. (ditto) >:)
    Drink at least 10 cups of water. :)
    Go for a walk outside. :)
    Take a bike ride. >:)
    Only eat while sitting down. :)

JFT Monday

Log all food
    Stay under on calories without eating back all the exercise calories.
    Drink at least 10 cups of water.
    Go for a walk outside.
    Take a bike ride.
    Only eat while sitting down.
    Do some research on ways to get more protein into my diet. I've not been anywhere close to the goal MFP sets for me lately.
    My focus words for this week: Protein, Vegetables, Water, Steps
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    JFT Saturday

Log all food. :)
    Stay under on calories without eating back all the exercise calories. :)
    Drink at least 10 cups of water. :)
    Go for a walk outside. :)
    Take a bike ride. :)
    One I saw on here last night: only eat sitting down! :)

JFT Sunday

Log all food (probably impossible today because of a Sunday Brunch)
    Stay under on calories without eating back all the exercise calories. (ditto)
    Go for a walk outside.
    Take a bike ride.

Look at you, with all the smiley faces! Nicely done! I really like the "only eat while sitting down" too. It is a suggestion out of the Beck's Diet Solution book and makes it a bit harder to just eat mindlessly if you are actually sitting down with anything you eat. :smile:
    JFT Sunday

JFT Monday

Log all food
    Stay under on calories without eating back all the exercise calories.
    Go for a walk outside.
    Take a bike ride.
    Do some research on ways to get more protein into my diet. I've not been anywhere close to the goal MFP sets for me lately.
    My focus words for this week: Protein, Vegetables, Water, Steps

Oooh, please share if you find some good protein sources. I met with a Wellness Coach at work and she said to try to eat half your weight in grams of protein. So, since I weigh approximately 180 lbs, I need to try to eat 90 of protein a day. I'm struggling hitting this goal!!! Also struggling with reaching half my weight in oz of water... UGH.
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited December 2018
    Options

I can't believe that this year is almost over. I am dreading January, hubby always seems to slip into some sort of depression and mopes around. With me not working it will be even harder for me to avoid. I am praying that this year is different and he doesn't get that way. We are thinking of doing a spring show, so hopefully if I can keep his mind occupied and productive it will help.

Perhaps if you do a spring show, like you said, it will help your husband's mood. I get depressed this time of year also...lack of sun, I know it is. I don't know why I live in Wisconsin because I really need the sun! But the seasons here are so lovely...

Do you have an Etsy shop? Maybe if you did and your husband could stay busy creating things to sell on there it would help too? Extra cash plus better mood equals a win-win! :smile:

P.S. In another post you spoke of watching The Rookie and maybe taking a hot bath. I actually took TWO baths today! LOL! I never take baths...for some reason I took one this morning instead of a shower, and tonight after walking the dog I took another one. It was a little bit o' heaven! I urge you to do it. Oh, and don't you just love that show "The Rookie"? I get a kick out of that guy!

xoxox
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Now to the goals...

Doing well in my moisturise and massage hands and feet each night✔️✔️✔️ proud of myself as feet starting to look better- still cracked heels but it’s wearing down. 👣🦶

Cleaning gone to pot....that’s tomorrow’s task after work.

Logging each day doing well but the calories are still over.....so I’m being honest but failing to curb the appetite.

I was so inspired by this goal that I started this today myself! I never take the time to put lotion on my hands, let alone work on my dry feet! My heels are so cracked that I could probably sand a whole floor just by dragging my feet across it! :mrgreen:

Today, I soaked my feet twice and used that thingamajig that you use to buff your heels for dry skin and used lotions and essential oils on them and just the simple act of taking the time to do some self-care really made me feel great!

Thank you for the idea! xo
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @mytime6630

I feel like I need to thank you AGAIN for your honest post the other day about how you were feeling. It voiced much the same feelings I'd been having but had been pushing down. We always hear that we should be kind to ourselves and that we should tell ourselves the same things we would tell our friends or someone we love.

It hit me today that I need to talk to MYSELF the way we all reacted and rallied for you. We love you to pieces, Joan. You mean so much to every person on here. I think we all need to be kinder to ourselves...especially this time of year! :heart:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options

I can't believe that this year is almost over. I am dreading January, hubby always seems to slip into some sort of depression and mopes around. With me not working it will be even harder for me to avoid. I am praying that this year is different and he doesn't get that way. We are thinking of doing a spring show, so hopefully if I can keep his mind occupied and productive it will help.

Perhaps if you do a spring show, like you said, it will help your husband's mood. I get depressed this time of year also...lack of sun, I know it is. I don't know why I live in Wisconsin because I really need the sun! But the seasons here are so lovely...

Do you have an Etsy shop? Maybe if you did and your husband could stay busy creating things to sell on there it would help too? Extra cash plus better mood equals a win-win! :smile:

P.S. In another post you spoke of watching The Rookie and maybe taking a hot bath. I actually took TWO baths today! LOL! I never take baths...for some reason I took one this morning instead of a shower, and tonight after walking the dog I took another one. It was a little bit o' heaven! I urge you to do it. Oh, and don't you just love that show "The Rookie"? I get a kick out of that guy!

xoxox

I don’t have an Etsy shop but we are trying to come up with some ideas that aren’t Christmas related to do.

I just watched the second episode of The Rookie, I have been recording it as I haven’t had time to watch a lot. So far I really like it.

I didn’t get the bath in, but I will tomorrow night for sure. I only bathe, I really don’t like a shower I feel too closed in in them. I just love to bath though!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Darn it. Looks like I didn't post goals here yesterday OR today. Had a good weekend. I took Maddie for a walk yesterday and today and it felt TERRIFIC to get outside with her. I'm so darn tired of being in the house because something hurts or something is healing.

Took time today to take a couple of baths and moisturize. Babied myself a bit. Journaled my food yesterday and today. Wrote in my gratitude journal yesterday and today. Read my inspirational books both days. So, all in all I would have had many smiley faces :smiley: except I still havent been able to get half my weight in water yet.

Yesterday we went bumming at St. Vincent de Paul and I found a cabinet and a shelf to use down in my sewing area. I was pretty excited about that. Now that the holidays are over, I want to rearrange the basement area and fix up my sewing room.

I've been working on my goals for 2019. I have a little notebook and I'm making an outline of what my current daily habits are and what I would like them to be. I've made a list of activities that I LIKE to do for exercise. I'ts much harder to make something a habit if you don't like to do it. I listed out habits I'd like to incorporate to morning routine and also for evening routine. I'm going to continue writing my thoughts down in this notebook and then New Year's Day 2019, I will pick one thing to try to work on changing. Slow and steady wins the race, and trying to change too many things at once has not worked well for me in the past.

So, after I come up with my new plan for 2019, I will probably post it here for accountability. :cold_sweat:

2017: I said it was the year I would take my life back. Well, I felt like I failed because I didn't lose weight. However, I did finally change jobs in November 2017 which changed my life in a HUGE way. The stress that was removed from my life was immeasurable! So, if you think about it, I took my emotional health back.

2018: I said was the year I would take my health back. Well, I gained weight rather than losing weight, but I actually had to be more sedentary because I had hip surgery to help me be able to be more active without pain! I had physical therapy for problems with lymphedema, and right now I'm going to a concussion clinic for therapy. So, in a way, this year was also not a failure....I took back my physical health by tending to injuries so that I can be active again.

2019 will be the year I am going to get more physically fit. Instead of making a New Year's Resolution, I am picking a word for the year 2019, and that word is tenacity. I am determined, I am persistent, and I will be as tenacious as a bulldog going after what I want this year.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I have to work. It's Tim and my 19th anniversary. We probably won't do anything special...we're old...hahaha! But I plan to have a great day, and I hope you all do too.

Tracie
    xoxoxo
  • lemonginger35
    lemonginger35 Posts: 38 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Sunday status:

1. Do sudharshana kriya x
    2. Walk 8 Km & Complete week 1 day 1 of C25K done
    3. Create a calorie deficit of 1100 calories x 1094 calories

JFT (Monday - 31.12.2018):

1. Do sudharshana kriya
    2. Walk 8 Km & Complete week 1 day 1 of C25K
    3. Create a calorie deficit of 1100 calories
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a lovely day, whatever you decide to do. And I think you’re right to see the positives of the last year. You’ve had some big health challenges but you’re still here and trying and I think you will absolutely smash it in 2019! X
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was pretty good. Like @snowflake1968 I ended up taking down all the Christmas decorations. Our tree was just too dry, sad and droopy to make it much longer. But it was quite a mission taking it down and sawing it up into pieces to get it out the door to our garden waste bin. Woman vs 7ft tree - I won! 💪 😉

Today will be mostly at home as I have lots of cooking to do. Will head out at some point mostly just for a change of scene as it will be a long day staying up until midnight (the kids will want to do this but struggle!). Food wise I was back on point yesterday and I’d like to continue with that today.

Sunday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Shopping ✅
    - Batch cook and freeze some meals for the kids ❎
    - Sort ex mother in law visit for next week ✅
    - Dust and vacuum ❎ will do today now that I’ve got rid of all the Christmas stuff
    - Maybe take down Christmas tree? ✅

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - Batch cook and freeze meals for kids
    - Cleaning
    - Make list of goals for 2019
    - Walk/jog out for coffee with the kids
    - Phone council re permit
    - Stay awake until midnight! (May require an afternoon nap...)

I will no doubt be back on here later but in case I’m not, wishing you all a very happy new year! Thank you for all the support, encouragement and wisdom over 2018. Look forward to joining you in a new year of motivation and support in 2019. X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    The last day of 2018... I may as well "SHUT UP AND DANCE"... IJS... Lol…
    My last ditch effort for 2018... Hahahaha... Moving something and not sitting like a bump on a log... LMBO
    I'm gonna get up bathe, get dressed, put on some make up, perfume, and clean my room
    Hoping a Hot Young Man Will Show Up at my door with A box of Kleenex tissues, Muscle Rub,
    A Blanket, and Ice cream...😂😂😂😂 Now That's The Makings of a good evening...
    Anyway, let me stop being nutty.

JFT (Monday)
    Up at 6a.m.
    Bathroom Routine
    Exercise 7 a.m.
    7:30 make Green Tea
    8:15 a.m. read and start laundry
    9:30 a.m. Exercise 10 minutes at least Drink water
    10a.m. make changes to my room
    11 a.m. get dressed
    Drink water
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JFT, Sunday
    1. go to gym :) And then someone hands me another bag of candy! What is wrong with this picture!! I should have thrown it away immediately, but I felt bad doing that... it was all beautiful, homemade candy. Well .... the candy is gone, but unfortunately it is not in the trash. :/
    2. work in closet more ... get organized :) Still working on this ... one drawer at a time!
    3. buy 2 notebooks ... write out goals/lists :/
    4. find healthy recipes :/
    5. mindful eating :/
    6. concentrate on water water water!! :/

Our daughter came out again ... and was in the bedroom just sobbing. I feel so helpless. What could I possibly do to help her??? I and my hubby are at a complete loss. So tomorrow we will all go out to eat ... maybe on New Years day I can take her out and do something. The doctor will not increase her antidepressant, but I do feel something needs to be done.

Tomorrow nite will be 45 years when my hubby and I met! Wow, how time flys! And I weight 45 pounds more than I did when we met!

Goals for the rest of this week... and ending out the year:
    1. declutter my closet. Pack away clothes that are just taking up space :) At least got started! :)
    2. declutter my kitchen cupboards. Hubby got me some new pots/pans and silverware, so either throw away old pans, or take ones that are still good to Goodwill :) Yah .. finished this one!
    3. search for healthy recipes to try
    4. buy 2 notebooks.... one to write down each week what my plans are. The other notebook is for daily use to write my daily goals
    5. make a list of go-to recipes when I am in a hurry and no time to cook
    6. buy another notebook ... this will be my gratitude journal.

I know for me, somehow just the thought of a new thread is starting over ... I want to put this past behind, and start fresh. So I will start a new thread, and I will attach the link. I hope you all follow me over there!!

I love you all .... you are the most amazing group of friends ever! When one of us is hurting, it is amazing how quickly everyone gets on here ( as is the case with Bex now).
    I love you all ... and I wish everyone the most blessed new year to come!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Considered burying my head in the sand today, but fessing up to not reaching any goals! Cest la vie. Going to try to give myself some grace the next two days, enjoy my family and be present and grateful and enjoy more festivities and then get back to it on Wednesday. I don't want to beat myself up over not reaching goals or putting on weight - thats all temporary. I just want to be happy with all ive accomplished and start 2019 with love, hope, and gratitude.

Great attitude!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @mytime6630

I feel like I need to thank you AGAIN for your honest post the other day about how you were feeling. It voiced much the same feelings I'd been having but had been pushing down. We always hear that we should be kind to ourselves and that we should tell ourselves the same things we would tell our friends or someone we love.

It hit me today that I need to talk to MYSELF the way we all reacted and rallied for you. We love you to pieces, Joan. You mean so much to every person on here. I think we all need to be kinder to ourselves...especially this time of year! :heart:

You are so right .... we give others the most amazing encouragement and suggestions, and positive feedback, but we don't for ourselves. I am the worse at this ... you know ... feeling like I have failed all of you guys, feeling like I really failed myself. But .... 2018 is over.... and a new year will begin. This is the beauty about each day. The day ends, and we get another chance to make wise decisions.

I am so very proud of all you have done this past year. You had so many changes in your life, yet you are hanging in there, and keep trying to improve. I do believe the year 2019 will be our year!

Love you so much also, and I hope you have a very blesssed and happy new year!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Darn it. Looks like I didn't post goals here yesterday OR today. Had a good weekend. I took Maddie for a walk yesterday and today and it felt TERRIFIC to get outside with her. I'm so darn tired of being in the house because something hurts or something is healing.

Took time today to take a couple of baths and moisturize. Babied myself a bit. Journaled my food yesterday and today. Wrote in my gratitude journal yesterday and today. Read my inspirational books both days. So, all in all I would have had many smiley faces :smiley: except I still havent been able to get half my weight in water yet.

Yesterday we went bumming at St. Vincent de Paul and I found a cabinet and a shelf to use down in my sewing area. I was pretty excited about that. Now that the holidays are over, I want to rearrange the basement area and fix up my sewing room.

I've been working on my goals for 2019. I have a little notebook and I'm making an outline of what my current daily habits are and what I would like them to be. I've made a list of activities that I LIKE to do for exercise. I'ts much harder to make something a habit if you don't like to do it. I listed out habits I'd like to incorporate to morning routine and also for evening routine. I'm going to continue writing my thoughts down in this notebook and then New Year's Day 2019, I will pick one thing to try to work on changing. Slow and steady wins the race, and trying to change too many things at once has not worked well for me in the past.

So, after I come up with my new plan for 2019, I will probably post it here for accountability. :cold_sweat:

2017: I said it was the year I would take my life back. Well, I felt like I failed because I didn't lose weight. However, I did finally change jobs in November 2017 which changed my life in a HUGE way. The stress that was removed from my life was immeasurable! So, if you think about it, I took my emotional health back.

2018: I said was the year I would take my health back. Well, I gained weight rather than losing weight, but I actually had to be more sedentary because I had hip surgery to help me be able to be more active without pain! I had physical therapy for problems with lymphedema, and right now I'm going to a concussion clinic for therapy. So, in a way, this year was also not a failure....I took back my physical health by tending to injuries so that I can be active again.

2019 will be the year I am going to get more physically fit. Instead of making a New Year's Resolution, I am picking a word for the year 2019, and that word is tenacity. I am determined, I am persistent, and I will be as tenacious as a bulldog going after what I want this year.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I have to work. It's Tim and my 19th anniversary. We probably won't do anything special...we're old...hahaha! But I plan to have a great day, and I hope you all do too.

Tracie
    xoxoxo

Happy Anniversary!!!! I so admire you and your tenacity! You don’t give up, no matter what is going on and that shows true grit!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    I've been ill over the weekend & this morning. (Something I ate did not agree & this morning woke up with migraine).

JFT
    Monday dec. 31
    Make it thru the workday
    Make it to & thru NYE party at friends house
    Make wiser food choices.

Btw, yesterday I was very low in calories. Due to being sick.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to do the 2 notebook idea, too, for 2019..
    Make schedule for myself
    Feet idea is good too. And I need to focus on my dry hands, arms, legs too.
    Earlier bedtime & wake up time.
    Exercise
    Wiser food choices
    More water

All above are goals for the year. But when listed seem overwhelming.

Linda
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    I've been ill over the weekend & this morning. (Something I ate did not agree & this morning woke up with migraine).

JFT
    Monday dec. 31
    Make it thru the workday
    Make it to & thru NYE party at friends house
    Make wiser food choices.

Btw, yesterday I was very low in calories. Due to being sick.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to do the 2 notebook idea, too, for 2019..
    Make schedule for myself
    Feet idea is good too. And I need to focus on my dry hands, arms, legs too.
    Earlier bedtime & wake up time.
    Exercise
    Wiser food choices
    More water

All above are goals for the year. But when listed seem overwhelming.

Linda

I hope you feel better soon!

As far as goals for the next year, maybe try just picking one and working on making it a habit before adding a second one! I find when I break things into baby steps, I don’t get as overwhelmed! These are goals for the YEAR, not for a day or week. Hugs!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75
    November 19th: 164.25
    November 26th: 162.5
    December 3rd: 160.75
    December 10th: 160.75
    December 17th: 164.5
    December 24th: 163
    December 31st: 166.25

Well, my plan to stay the same weight over Christmas didn't really work out :smiley:

It actually started fairly well, I was reasonably controlled on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - I did eat plenty of nice food, but made an effort to stop eating when full and was fairly proud of myself for that.

But it all fell a bit by the wayside after Christmas. The cold I came down with just before Christmas dragged on and on (it still hasn't gone) and so I wasn't able to exercise and just ended up feeling rather sorry for myself. It was pretty quiet at my mum's after Christmas so I got rather bored and old Christmas habits of overindulging came back.

But, I'm on my way back home now and after tonight (where we're having a couple of friends round for tasty food and some drinks) it will be a new year and a new start! I'm actually looking forward to getting back to normal. It's nice to have a break for a while but my body doesn't feel great for eating junk and not exercising. I'll be back on it (on a new thread!) in January!

I hope everyone has a happy New Year, particularly those of you who are having a tough time at the moment - particularly @Bex953172. You've been such a great support to me this year, and I hope that 2019 brings good things for everyone. I will raise a glass to you all later! <3
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    hey everyone, I picked ash up at around 2pm yesterday, he's in quite a bit of pain understandably but he's got painkillers and he's glad to be home.
    we had a long chat about everything and weighed up our options. we have a few, some are t the best but it's not the end of world and would work out for us as we are young.

we've decided to stick together, us against the world and everyone is being kept at arms length until were sorted, we dont get any help off anyone so they're not having the good times whilst were miserable. so everyone will be told yo fo end until we sort ourselves

I'm glad that Ash is home and wish you luck in deciding between the options. You are a very resourceful and determined person so I'm sure you'll figure something out!

Did you have any luck with Citizens Advice? You could also try phoning Shelter - I believe some/most of their advisers have expertise in both housing and money/debt, which makes them quite good at dealing with situations where both are an issue. They also have a helpline so you don't have to trek to an office to see them (to be fair, so do citizens advice).

I also wondered if you could try contacting your MP? From what I know MPs and their offices do quite a lot to help people with things like this. Given who they are, they can sometimes influence / put pressure on people to sort things out (e.g. disability office, landlords!). Might be worth a shot!

Crossing my fingers for you, I really hope this works itself out soon. I hope you manage to enjoy the new year despite this. X