JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I used to go out and buy some knits especially for chemo hats ... as I don't really sew with knits much. But someone put me in touch with a lady that takes donated fabric ... and distributes it to people that do charity sewing. So any kind of fabric, to be used only for charity, this lady distributes. She must have a basement full of fabric. So about 4x a year, I go and pick up a couple bags of knits from her. Such a blessing she is, and without her, I could only afford to make a few of these.

I bet those hats will make some cold heads somewhere awfully happy :smiley:
    Love your work! Keep it up!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Recap F 2/9 - Still recuperating, appetite slowly returning, losing weight way faster than is healthy...maybe overdid things past two days, really dragging this a.m. Need to listen to my body, take it easy and eat to recover my strength.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / maybe = Fitbit 6,463 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 hours & 23 floors :smile:
    2) Make white chicken chili for supper & eat plenty / don't worry about calories at this point = Net calories & all numbers red, and 13c water. Hoping to regain my energy. :neutral:
    3) Pick up 5K race packet...not sure if I'll actually participate tomorrow. Overnight temp predicted to be 4F and based on experience, it's cold standing around for race to start at 8 a.m. Plus, not sure I'll have the energy at this point. Bummed, because I love this event, and there's a Seroogy's meltaway at the finish. = Have shirt & race bib for race I won't do :'(
    4) Lots of stuff on to-do list / don't do anything unless feeling better / REST in evening & watch Olympics / bed not too late = Changed into sweats, on couch all evening & watched TV...best medicine for me :)

Sat. skipped the 5K and slept in. Total rest day at home & watched a lot of winter Olympics. Put veggies / beef roast in crockpot for supper. Net calories, sodium, fiber and sugar good, protein ok & 10c water. Fitbit 2,325 steps, 250+ steps 4/14 hours & 5 floors...that's a sedentary day!!!

JFT Sunday 1/11
    1) Sang with choir in 7:45 & 9:00 services :smiley:
    2) Make pea soup using leftover ham bone / net calories green / monitor the usual
    3) Wash dishes / clean litter box area
    4) Find last weekly weigh in post (not done last Sat. due to flu) and update
    5) Bed & TV off 10:15
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Saturday
    1. Eat mindfully. Journal each bite. :)
    2. Increase water intake :)
    3. Start a new donate box and place 5 items in it today :(Watched Olympics so much I didn't get much done!
    4. Depending on temp, either take a walk outside or do the Body Groove program in basement :(Didn't do the program, but I did start watching the Introductory Videos to the program, so at least I did log into the program.
    5. Bake cookies for husband (he asked for them and normally doesn't) :)
    6. Meal plan and grocery list :)
    7. Update bullet journal @Bex953172 I love this method. It's been keeping me on track for my to-do's! Great place for keeping lists all in one place too. The more I do it, the more I add to it. Plus, I find it relaxing just to mindlessly doodle or color in it. :mrgreen::(Moving to today
    8. Read today's Simple Abundance, and 52 Small Changes: One Year to a Happier Healthier You...Week 7 :)
    9. Listen to Optimal Health Daily and Optimal Living Daily podcasts :)
    10. Focus on gratitude and journal 5 things I'm grateful for today before bed. :(Fell asleep and forgot to journal. Could hardly keep my eyes open!

Just for Sunday
    1. Avoid processed carbs
    2. Increase water from yesterday.
    3. Add 10 items to donate box, to make up for yesterday's 5 I didn't add
    4. Update bullet journal
    5. Continue with Body Groove program's next step
    6. Read today's Simple Abundance and re-read 52 Small Changes...Week 7 chapter
    7. Read next step in Beck's and update my index cards
    8. Prep for next week by selecting outfits for the week and hanging in spare room
    9. Prep for tomorrow - coffee pot, breakfast & lunch
    10. Commit to hitting my step goal this week every day, so I can increase by 1000.
    11. Bed sleeping by 10, up without hitting snooze tomorrow.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Perhaps I can't control what happens in life, but I certainly can control how I react to it.
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh dear... weekend all went a bit too boozy and foody! Stopped tracking on Saturday afternoon. So failed to achieve my goals of sticking to calories for sat and sun, and not gone for a swim. >:) Back to it tomorrow!

MONDAYGOALS
    1. stick to calorie goal
    2. Go to yoga class
    3. Go to personal training session
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food...my sweet tooth, especially chocolate...portion control...FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.]

One bad meal won't transform your body, just like one good meal won't equal immediate results. The body builds itself from habit. --- Jonathan Ross, trainer

I am so glad you are feeling better and more rested. Enjoy your Sunday...sounds like you are going to continue to take it easy so your body can heal completely.

I don't even have a digital scale---just the old fashioned one with the tick marks indicating one pound increments...And my eyes are having more trouble seeing them clearly without my glasses. Maybe one day I will splurge and get a digital :)

Have blessed Sunday.

Peace and joy.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So I didn't end up going to bed until after 1 am because I got caught up reading a really long chapter in my book. And the DH was pretty chatty so it was hard to focus. Lol. It was a good chapter and I hate putting a book down when I'm in the middle of a chapter. Lol. But the last two nights of going to bed so late has really taken its toll on me. After we decided not to go to church this morning, I ended up going back to bed at 930 and slept until 1220. Lol. Got up when the Penguins game started and made the DH and me healthier BLT's. Lol. I hadn't had one in a very long time and I was craving one. Lol. I could probably fall back to sleep pretty easily though. So I think it's time for a cup of coffee.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    2/9 Friday JFT:

✔▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔▪Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔▪OBGYN appt w/ Glucose test
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Run a few errands
    ✔▪Clean office
    ✔▪Organize room to store baby items
    ✔▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ✔▪Dinner by 6 pm
    ❌▪All boys and hubby at baseball practice
    ❌▪Prenatal Yoga
    ✔▪Bedtime by 11 pm
    ➡️Baseball practice was cancelled due to the Coach and trainer being ill.

2/10 Saturday JFT:

Spent the entire day taking care of my hubby.
    He over worked himself this week while sick. So Saturday the kiddos and I managed Saturday Chores and my hubby rested all day!! My hubby and I enjoyed spending some quality time watching a movie together (which we haven't done in months!!) Then after dinner we all watched a movie together as a family. So Saturday was really just a relaxing / recuperating day.

2/11 Sunday JFT:

Hubby made breakfast :blush: Then we all relaxed together for a couple of hours just chatting. For the remainder of the day, I will be doing research work at home. I need to finish analyzing these glycopeptides and turn them in asap. I start a fresh set Tuesday morning.
    We plan to play a family game of monopoly before dinner. Then hopefully eat dinner and get to bed early. The temp. dropped from 80°F to 30°F within a day and hasn't gotten warmer. So relaxing in the house is the safe bet for keeping everyone healthy.

Overall, the weekend was not productive in any specific sense. However I feel like we all got some quality time together this weekend which we haven't had in a while. We are all about to get really busy again, Lol :lol:

Everyone enjoy the remainder of your weekend :smile:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 that sounds like a perfect way to spend a cold weekend with recuperating family. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I’ve had an ok day. Not as active as I would have liked but the kids were tired and it as super cold so we took it fairly easy.

Recap JFT Sunday
    - exercise early ✅
    - 10k step aim :| nope but was over 9k so not far off
    - Water ✅
    - Stay in calorie goal (will be the toughest one) ✅ Only because I avoided the cake due to heartburn!

Tomorrow we are going to the Warner Bros Harry Potter tour as it’s the school holidays. The kids are super excited. Assuming food choices available won’t be great but am going to just enjoy and make sure I get lots of exercise in.

Goals for 12/2:

- exercise before kids get up
    - 10k + steps
    - 2 ltr + water
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Book junk collection
    - Buy garden waste bin

Night all x
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Hope you are doing alright! Haven't seen you post today.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Good luck at your interview tomorrow! :smile:
  • rover_gem87
    rover_gem87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I’m new to MFP and calorie counting, having followed slimming world for most of my adult life! I’m enjoying my new found freedom but I’m one of these that expects results yesterday so I think this thread will help me to take things 1 day at a time.
    My goals for today are:
    - Log everything on here
    - Drink 4 glasses water (I’m a terrible water drinker so it’s a start!)
    - No snacking on junk