Foods that you enjoyed but stopped eating

Options

Replies

• jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    None! Enjoying every thing in moderation :)
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Pretty much just Pop-Tarts. Not worth the Calories. I supposed I could eat them as dessert some night I have the room (or don't care) Calorie-wise, but probably not worth having them sit around for however long.

I stopped buying pop tarts. I could never eat one and they just made me hungrier. I did buy into the hype from a post on here and bought the pumpkin pop tarts but they were so sweet that I have them away.

Ditto x3 on the Pop Tarts. I used to LOVE the smores one. I'd eat them row by row because they alternate chocolate and marshmallows....
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Juice is one that I almost never consume any more either.

But I never say never, and in fact enjoyed some juice before a half marathon last year, when I was having issues wanting to eat anything.
  • megpie41
    megpie41 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love cinnamon toast crunch but don't regularly buy it. I generally stay away from high added sugar products. BUT once in awhile (every couple months) I will buy a box (or some other treat I love but don't eat much of) and enjoy it. I don't regularly track calories as I don't really have to lose weight, I just like to eat healthy...I think it's important to treat yourself and indulge every once in awhile. Once the box (or package) is gone, I don't buy more for awhile.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Oreos. I think 2 or 3 of them are like 140 cals. No thanks. A small portion of oreos would be like 1 oreo only and that's depressing.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    PhiMuHoney wrote: »
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I have seen threads similar to this but I thought about it this weekend. I was at my sister's house and she had a box of Apple Jacks on her fridge. I said I have not had Apple Jacks in years. I used to love all the "bad" cereal, but Apple Jacks, Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops were my favorite. Once I decided to lose weight I stopped buying cereal all together. About a year ago I tried the Special K protein cereal and I eat them when I want cereal.
    The reality of how small one serving of cereal is made me not even bother to buy other cereals. I am thinking now do I want incorporate sweet cereal back into my life or should I leave it be. Yes I do eat sweets but I do not know if I trust myself to eat 1 or 2 servings of Apple Jacks and I know after I eat them I will still be hungry..Just throwing it out there.

I have always felt the same about cereal- I like it but a serving isn't very big and it's never been filling enough. Now, I'll have 1 serving but as a treat. If I want dessert and have the room, I'll have a bowl of chocolate cheerios instead of chocolate ice cream. That way, my chocolate craving is taken care of but in a little bit better of a way. I am of the mindset that if it's something you want, you shouldn't deprive yourself. Instead, enjoy it in moderation and move on.

Cereal is a great dessert! I have the calories, I'll skip my usual dessert and have cereal instead. I also eat cereal on my long run days, because there's an abundance of carbs and cereal is delicious.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut breadsticks
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    megpie41 wrote: »
    I love cinnamon toast crunch but don't regularly buy it. I generally stay away from high added sugar products. BUT once in awhile (every couple months) I will buy a box (or some other treat I love but don't eat much of) and enjoy it. I don't regularly track calories as I don't really have to lose weight, I just like to eat healthy...I think it's important to treat yourself and indulge every once in awhile. Once the box (or package) is gone, I don't buy more for awhile.

This post reminded me - Marshmallow Fruit Loops. Delicious, but not at all filling. I could eat a whole box in a day, easy.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat cereal anymore either. But it has more to do with money. Cereal just doesn’t do much for me. It’s more a snack in my opinion. I love me some Reece’s puffs cereal but I’m not gonna eat that for breakfast.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Cant think of one. I definitely have a lot less of them or less frequently but I would rather be fat than give up foods I enjoy; I'm glad I don't have to choose
  • gothoats
    gothoats Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bagels..thinking about trying bagel thins soon though. Pancakes, things roasted with oil, chocolate chips..sweet stuff I guess lol. And like fries. Potatoes don't like to keep my blood sugar high enough
  • Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ALL the bread. Dinner rolls, sandwich bread, baguettes, muffins, toast, etc. I also miss fries and onion rings. However, I don't miss pizza as I found an excellent recipe for it that fits within my macros well.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Soda-can’t even drink it now, gives me a
    Headache when I do.

Sweet fancy coffee drinks - sometimes I get a small one but I’ve gotten used to plain and bought an espresso machine so I make cappuccinos at home

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I usually don't tell myself that there is any specific foods that I can't have in moderation... That being said, I cannot have Nutella in the house. I will eat one of the giant jars within a few days. I can't seem to control myself around it, so I just don't buy it.
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I haven't stopped eating anything. I eat what i want....just maybe not as much as i want. I used to eat a big bowl (probably 2-3 servings) of Count Chocula - if i want it now, i have it....but just one serving. Since it's not very filling, i treat it as a snack...not a meal.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If I can't eat what I LIKE, then the issue isn't with the food. It's LACK OF DISCIPLINE that's the issue.

There are so many foods that I like that every day I will not be eating some foods I like quite well.

Over time, I may never eat them, perhaps because they are high in calories and I like other foods better.

That's not cutting out foods, it's just how things work out.

Juice is one such example -- maybe once a year I have some juice (or in a weird situation like pre race if I need to consume something), but usually I prefer to use the calories for something else.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If I can't eat what I LIKE, then the issue isn't with the food. It's LACK OF DISCIPLINE that's the issue.

There are so many foods that I like that every day I will not be eating some foods I like quite well.

Over time, I may never eat them, perhaps because they are high in calories and I like other foods better.

That's not cutting out foods, it's just how things work out.

Juice is one such example -- maybe once a year I have some juice (or in a weird situation like pre race if I need to consume something), but usually I prefer to use the calories for something else.

Agree 100%. I have stopped eating lots of foods over the years because I simply like too many foods to eat them all without becoming overfat. Some foods make the cut and some don't.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    For the most part I haven't completely given up much, just try to eat it in moderation. Like macaroni and cheese or pasta, I almost never buy them but once in a great while will, while I used to get them every week. But one item I have not bought in years is cereal. I don't like the healthy cereals and I can't just eat one serving of the good cereal so I don't buy it. Also I used to love the frozen onion bagels smothered in margarine. I don't buy either anymore.