Foods that you enjoyed but stopped eating

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Juice and alcohol. I suppose I didn't quite stop drinking them but I've had maybe 4 cups in 4 years.

Overall though I didn't really cut anything I liked out, but definitely had to decrease frequency and quantity by a LOT.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I haven't stopped eating anything I like, but I have sometimes changed when or how I eat it.

You mentioned cereal, I never eat it for breakfast anymore since it doesn't keep me full very long unless I eat 500 cals worth. But I do have it as a late night snack several times a week. I can weigh out 1 or 1.5 servings in milk, and it's something sweet and crunchy when I'm snacky. And I don't need it to keep me full since I'm going to bed in an hour.

I switched from regular soda to diet soda, I found 2 or 3 brands of diet I think are yummy and probably drink 5 or 6 a week.

Beer and wine. Haven't stopped, but only have them a couple of nights a week rather than one with dinner almost every night. :drinker:

I like the idea of having it as a sweet snack. If I never eat Apple Jacks again my quality of life will not lessen, but I might be some for old time sake. I might not like them as much as I thought I did anyways.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    McDonald's. There was more than a few days that I went to McDonald's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The more I ate, the more I wanted. I haven't been back since August 2017. Every now and again I get the urge to hit the drive thru, but each time I pass. I do enjoy other fast food places, but McDonald's is too touchy for me.

I don't do it often, but every once in a while I just gotta have two Big Macs for $4.99. They're not even a particularly great burger as burgers go, but their taste is unique and every so often it just hits the spot.

Same with Der Weinerschnitzel - I can go for months and months, but once in a while I get the craving for their chili cheese dogs and nothing else will do.

But if I'm only eating Big Macs or chili cheese dogs once every couple months, it's pretty easy for me to contextualize that in my overall diet and give zero *kitten*s about it.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    McDonald's. There was more than a few days that I went to McDonald's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The more I ate, the more I wanted. I haven't been back since August 2017. Every now and again I get the urge to hit the drive thru, but each time I pass. I do enjoy other fast food places, but McDonald's is too touchy for me.

I don't do it often, but every once in a while I just gotta have two Big Macs for $4.99. They're not even a particularly great burger as burgers go, but their taste is unique and every so often it just hits the spot.

Same with Der Weinerschnitzel - I can go for months and months, but once in a while I get the craving for their chili cheese dogs and nothing else will do.

But if I'm only eating Big Macs or chili cheese dogs once every couple months, it's pretty easy for me to contextualize that in my overall diet and give zero *kitten*s about it.

Maybe I will Big Mac again one day. It's still too soon. I'm more apt to get a sausage McMuffin with egg...Big Macs are their own delicious thing.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Use to enjoy but haven't had a slice of pizza, a can of Coke or a can of Budweiser since May 2016.

Use to eat a large Little Ceasar's pizza all by myself in 1 sitting once a week and also use to drink 3-4 cans of Coke and 2-3 cans of Bud every day!

Still drink an occasional draft beer (if I have the cals available to do so) but haven't touched a soda or pizza in any form since and I don't miss them one bit.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Alcohol

Wondering if someone would be on board with me.......
    .......I'm not an alcoholic either.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Maybe I will Big Mac again one day. It's still too soon. I'm more apt to get a sausage McMuffin with egg...Big Macs are their own delicious thing.

That could be a side debate in itself, lol. I've always thought Mickey D's was the worstest of the worstest for fast food breakfasts, never been a fan even in my junkiest of junk food days. I even like Jack In The Box's breakfast sandwiches better, and the Breakfast Burger from Carl's Jr/Hardees is OMG.....but 830 calories just for the burger.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    McDonald's & Takeout Pizza

Too many calories. I can't do it anymore.

Also, donuts.

Regular Soda

Movie Popcorn

Milk Chocolate (Dark is okay)

Chips (Tortilla Chips okay)
  • jojomojo1973
    jojomojo1973 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Red wine and Milo .. Can't control myself on either so I leave them alone ..
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I still eat chicken wings, cheese, tortilla chips, fast food, and all the yummy things.

There's only one food I can't moderate - Chester Cheetos cheese puffs. They are crispy, puffy, cheesy, and then they magically melt in my mouth. Oh the heaven!

Nope. Don't buy it. Can't do it. Damn I miss those. I suppose I could buy a bag, measure out one serving, and then burn the rest. Hmm.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Enjoy, or overeat as fast as I can while trying hard to not think about how I'm poisoning myself? I don't think I have stopped eating anything, but I've stopped routinely overeating. I still eat everything I like, I just plan for it. Some things are prioritized less often than other things, that's the closest I come.
  • kristalmfp
    kristalmfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hungry Jacks Whopper burger, I haven't had one in 4 years..that whopper sauce is soo good.

Takeaway pizza..I used to get pizza & a bottle of wine on a rainy night.

Tim tam's the delicious Aussie chocolate coated biscuit you can't stop at just one.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I used to have a huge bagel smeared with generous amounts of peanut butter for breakfast every morning. I loved it. But, after I started logging and realized that was a 800 calorie breakfast, I couldn't fit it into my daily calorie allotment.
    Now, I just indulge in that if I'm going on a hike or long bike ride.
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Good_Morning_Glory Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat tortilla chips. I just can't control it so I have given them up completely. Other than that, there is nothing I wont eat if it fits in my cals. Of course, alcohol is a problem too because while it fits in the calories, the munchies I get are a problem and I have a hard time saying no to the munchies.

Why, tortilla chips?? WHHHYYYY???

*takes a moment to mourn the lost chips and salsa extravaganza of the past*

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    The mainstays of my diet were carbs (pizza, cereal, bread, etc.) and some candy. For, at least, the past 5 or so years I haven't had (except on rare occasions) any grains or foods with added sugar. So, I pretty much gave up everything I used to eat.
  • amelia66d
    amelia66d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chips- tortilla chips or potato. The calories added up quick and they have very little staying power. As far as indulgences go I'd much rather work in a cookie or some ice cream then a bowl of tortilla chips. At the same time I've added back cereal, especially cheerios! They're surprisingly filling and cashew milk makes it much easier to have under my daily amount.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Stuff that I used to like but often doesn't seem worth the calories to me anymore: Gummy candies (like Swedish Fish, Dots, etc), cocktails with higher calorie mixers, adding rice to my entree at Indian restaurants, and full fat salad dressings.

I still have these sometimes, but not very often. They're just too high calorie for how much I enjoy them and I'd rather use my calories on other things.
  • Mrs181
    Mrs181 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Drinks with calories - Regular soda, juice, most alcohol, etc.
    Still enjoying a hot chocolate or the occasional glass of wine, but for the most part I prefer not to drink my calories.