Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is a calorie equal to a calorie?

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    IMO, people are unlikely to become regular and useful participants if they simply feel criticized.

Indeed...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options

How do you know it wasn't the goose's muscles that knocked him out?

Or is goose muscle just heavier than goose fat, not feathers?

Oh now I want to get the chip pan out.
    Mmmm, chips in goose fat are the best.

Cheers, h.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

How do you know it wasn't the goose's muscles that knocked him out?

Or is goose muscle just heavier than goose fat, not feathers?

Oh now I want to get the chip pan out.
    Mmmm, chips in goose fat are the best.

Cheers, h.

Everyone knows that muscle is heavier than fat!!1!1!!!!

:trollface:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    How can a calorie be just a calorie as calories are supposed to = energy

In my experience I can eat bad foods and have a lot of calories and very little energy besides constant hunger
    However since changing my diet to mostly whole foods I find I have more energy less hunger on much less calories.

I had tried to lose wieght in the past with the Idea that a calorie is just a calorie and worked on cutting calories it was a constant fight and I ended up binging. Now I eat right most of the time and find still I can indulge in anything (pizza, Burgers whatever) as long as I eat good whole foods most of the time
    Because a calorie is a calorie. VOLUME from low calorie foods makes a difference in feeling full.....................which has doesn't change that that a calorie is still a calorie.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    slossia wrote: »
    I notice that the same members defending the calorie is a calorie equation on all these threads. Are you guys working for MFP to keep everyone in line to defend this diet plan. So everyone that has their desired weight is following calories in calories out. I’m sure the op can sustain a healthy lifestyle eating Frits and vegetables as long as she eats enough to get in her macros. Avacado is a fruit and that fives her her fat! Theirs protein in everything! So yes people can live on fruits and vegetables. Now I’ll wait for the attack’s. How about maybes she doesn’t want anymore animals to die, we don’t know her motives. That’s why I choose to eat only a plant base diet! If I can save a cow or a pig or 50 chicken ms from being slaughtered, it’s worth the attacks.

So now CICO = carnivore?????

People comment when other post things that either are wrong or make no sense. People comment to correct mis-information (and there is a ton of it out there). How that becomes an attack on vegans or vegetarians is beyond me.

Yes, you can eat a plant based diet and be healthy (or overweight even), you just need to be a bit more careful to ensure you get the protein you need, but lots here do just that.

How that becomes about CICO is simply beyond me, and I'm sure beyond most here.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    slossia wrote: »
    I notice that the same members defending the calorie is a calorie equation on all these threads. Are you guys working for MFP to keep everyone in line to defend this diet plan. So everyone that has their desired weight is following calories in calories out. I’m sure the op can sustain a healthy lifestyle eating Frits and vegetables as long as she eats enough to get in her macros. Avacado is a fruit and that fives her her fat! Theirs protein in everything! So yes people can live on fruits and vegetables. Now I’ll wait for the attack’s. How about maybes she doesn’t want anymore animals to die, we don’t know her motives. That’s why I choose to eat only a plant base diet! If I can save a cow or a pig or 50 chicken ms from being slaughtered, it’s worth the attacks.

Who said people can't eat a plant based diet? There's plenty of fat, sick vegans - they eat too many calories of plant based food.