The Poo Thread!

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Tangentially related to this thread, and I just want to know:

Work bathroom has three stalls. Stall #1 is the handicapped stall. Stall #3 seems to be the most popular. Stall #2 is the middle stall.

So if you go in and Stall #3 is occupied, do you choose Stall #1 or Stall #2?

I'm a Stall #2 person, because I want to leave the handicapped stall available if needed. But it seems, like treadmills, you should not choose the stall directly next to the other person if possible.

What say you?

ETA: There are a couple of ladies that work on my floor that legitimately need the handicapped stall.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    WWEPD? What would Emily Post do?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Work bathroom has three stalls. Stall #1 is the handicapped stall. Stall #3 seems to be the most popular. Stall #2 is the middle stall.

I'm a Stall #2 person, because I want to leave the handicapped stall available if needed. But it seems, like treadmills, you should not choose the stall directly next to the other person if possible.

What say you?

Strike me down with Lightning :worried: But I'd choose door #1
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Exactly! I want to know the correct manners answer. :)
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options

What say you?

Ditto. #1 all the way. I think it's the same with urinals, if I'm not mistaken.

Guys?
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    3-5 times a day. For most people this sounds excessive, but all I eat is fruit and vegetables and all I drink is water and tea, so I’m pooping out my breakfast either by dinner time or the next morning.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Exactly! I want to know the correct manners answer. :)

I would say the proper manners answer is #2, as I've always been taught you only use the handicapped stall if there are no other options, or obviously if you legit need the bigger stall. I wouldn't blame anyone for using stall #1 in that situation though.

And having said that, I've worked in a small office where no one worked there who actually needed the big stall, and in that case I would use stall #1.
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2018
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

What say you?

Ditto. #1 all the way. I think it's the same with urinals, if I'm not mistaken.

Guys?

But there's not a handicapped urinal, right? And if there were more than three stalls, this wouldn't be an issue for me. I'd use the "non-touching" stall that wasn't handicapped.

(I am really bored at work :p )
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am quite happy to use an accessibility toilet, even though I don’t need one. Leaving it spare seems a little unnecessary unless there is someone actively waiting to use it.
  • Christine_72
    Options

What say you?

ETA: There are a couple of ladies that work on my floor that legitimately need the handicapped stall.

but he felt so guilty for using the disabled toilet that he walked off with a fake limp !!!

OMG I've done that before! I was doing my grocery shopping and was busting for a wee, there were no toilets so i had to leave my shopping and run, or should i say shuffle with my legs closed tight, across the road to a Mcdonalds. I could hold it for not a second longer and used the disabled loo. Naturally as luck would have it there was someone outside waiting when i came out, so off i limped with my head hung in shame. It was either use that loo or pee my pants :flushed:

• Psalm1139
    Psalm1139 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I go once a day in the morning 90% of the time. I . Sometimes, usually if I've been eating a lot of junk and hardly any water, my body revolts and I'll have an "episode" where I go like 3-4 times in like 30 minutes with terrible cramps. Which is super fun when it happens at someone else's house or when I'm out for the day. Luckily those episodes are only once every few months.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options

What say you?

Stall 2.
    Any etiquette about not using stall directly next to someone else is trumped by not using disabled toilet if you are not disabled.
    Especially since you know there are 2 disabled users.

I would not use disabled toilets when I am not disabled unless really dire emergency.

Because you never know when someone with a disability might need one - and they don't have option or going elsewhere which you do.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    3 times a day at least... basically I eat, then I poop!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    3 times a day at least... basically I eat, then I poop!

OMG this is so me...except I eat 5x a day so, you know...
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    If a dude takes the urinal next to another dude when other urinals were available, that’s a major foul.
    I think it should be permissible to pee on the offender’s shoe to teach them a lesson.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    If a dude takes the urinal next to another dude when other urinals were available, that’s a major foul.
    I think it should be permissible to pee on the offender’s shoe to teach them a lesson.

I don't know how you guys do it! I couldn't pee in front of someone else, even though you all say "you don't look" :huh:

• mimsywhimsy
    mimsywhimsy Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1-3 times a day vegan here, whole food plant based diet for the past maybe 5 months (regular vegan diet for years before that). Strangely enough, this morning I weighed myself post-poop and I was 600 grams more... Not sure how that works but oh well.
  • thecrowgirl
    thecrowgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options

What say you?

Stall 2.
    Any etiquette about not using stall directly next to someone else is trumped by not using disabled toilet if you are not disabled.

I would not use disabled toilets when I am not disabled unless really dire emergency.

Because you never know when someone with a disability might need one - and they don't have option or going elsewhere which you do.

Thank you so much. I have a couple different issues including mobility. I use a walker. Its impossible for me to use the other stalls so i really appreciate hearing about your consideration for those like me. Thank you. Seriously. It seems like a small issue for able bodied people but its a BIG DEAL for me.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

What say you?

Stall 2.

Thank you so much. I have a couple different issues including mobility. I use a walker. Its impossible for me to use the other stalls so i really appreciate hearing about your consideration for those like me. Thank you. Seriously. It seems like a small issue for able bodied people but its a BIG DEAL for me.

We have a handicapped stall in the ladies restroom (I assume also the men's) but we also have a stand alone handicapped bathroom on our floor at my office. We have a woman with MS on our floor who uses a walker, so normally out of consideration for her we choose not to use the stand alone, but when she's not at the office, its pretty much a free for all. Recently have noticed people from other floors coming down to use ours. The woman has confronted them, but they don't seem to care.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Man that must make me a horrible person- I totally use our handicap stall not for everything- it depends on what I'm doing and what stalls are taken.
    I know a few people who have permanent handicap placards- but the one woman I actually work with- and she can use the other stalls just fine.

But I hadn't much thought about it since we don't have anyone who uses a chair or a walker on our floor or appears to need assistance.- I've also in the years I've been here never seen anyone wait for the stall. Never put much thought into it honestly. I just wanted to be away from everyone else- there are 5 stalls- I just get annoyed when someone picks the one RIGHT next to me when there are four other to pick from.