Millennials compared to your generation

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Absolutely no respect for elders, want everything for free. Don't appreciate hard work. Drink waaaayyy too many energy drinks. Have mountains of debt and worthless degrees& don't know what taxes are. Thing is that I think this is all as a result of the first 3 things not being taught at a young age, we are too busy to teach them because we need a house that costs way too much and both parents need to work to pay for the house and everything they don't need. yup! about sums it up! I'm 25 and my parents disciplined me as a kid, got my first job at 14 cause my mom told me that by then If I wanted something I had to pay for it myself. Almost everyone younger than me has every single thing paid for by their parents. This is why they never leave home. 10 year olds have cell phones, bad idea. Also, I love coffee and avocado, but not together, thats weird.

I have never had an energy drink in my life

Ever had tea?
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    ismdaqwj7cs2.jpg

No, but Gen X decided that mullets were a good idea

Thank God we didn't have camera phones. Otherwise there would be a whole lot more pics of my mullet.
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Absolutely no respect for elders, want everything for free. Don't appreciate hard work. Drink waaaayyy too many energy drinks. Have mountains of debt and worthless degrees& don't know what taxes are. Thing is that I think this is all as a result of the first 3 things not being taught at a young age, we are too busy to teach them because we need a house that costs way too much and both parents need to work to pay for the house and everything they don't need. yup! about sums it up! I'm 25 and my parents disciplined me as a kid, got my first job at 14 cause my mom told me that by then If I wanted something I had to pay for it myself. Almost everyone younger than me has every single thing paid for by their parents. This is why they never leave home. 10 year olds have cell phones, bad idea. Also, I love coffee and avocado, but not together, thats weird.

Ever had tea?

I LOVE tea. I more meant I haven't had things like Monster or Rockstar or whatever

Ever had Monster Rockstar Tea?
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    ismdaqwj7cs2.jpg

Thank God we didn't have camera phones. Otherwise there would be a whole lot more pics of my mullet.

Wuuuuuut......

wiryzjnf9244.jpg

Who dis?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    ismdaqwj7cs2.jpg

Wuuuuuut......

wiryzjnf9244.jpg

@MeeseeksAndDestroy is this BigDaddy69?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    ismdaqwj7cs2.jpg

Wuuuuuut......

wiryzjnf9244.jpg

Who dis?

Me....circa 90's
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    ismdaqwj7cs2.jpg

Wuuuuuut......

wiryzjnf9244.jpg

@MeeseeksAndDestroy is this BigDaddy69?

So meta haha
  • Timshel_
    Options
    And that, folks, is how you break a thread.

You're welcome.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    And that, folks, is how you break a thread.

You're welcome.

There's just so much awesome in the picture I'm still taking it all in.
  • Just_Mel_
    Options
    ismdaqwj7cs2.jpg

Wuuuuuut......

wiryzjnf9244.jpg

Who dis?

Me....circa 90's

Those leggings show a lot...
  • Timshel_
    Options
    ismdaqwj7cs2.jpg

Wuuuuuut......

wiryzjnf9244.jpg

Who dis?

Me....circa 90's

Those leggings show a lot...

Focus on the mullet.
    Let's stay on topic.
    Better?

hcb8vbi6w10q.jpg
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    All my friends couldn't wait to get their driver's license on their 16th birthday, I know several Millennials who are in their 20s and can't drive.

Millennials also have the worst handwriting. My handwriting is terrible compared to most people of my generation, but most Millennials grew up writing everything on a screen and have handwriting like mine before I started grade school. And some can't even read handwriting - one of the things I do as a hobby is transcribe historical documents for NARA, and some of the young people I have encountered are shocked that I can read perfectly legible cursive handwriting, they have never learned.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    All my friends couldn't wait to get their driver's license on their 16th birthday, I know several Millennials who are in their 20s and can't drive.

Millennials also have the worst handwriting. My handwriting is terrible compared to most people of my generation, but most Millennials grew up writing everything on a screen and have handwriting like mine before I started grade school. And some can't even read handwriting - one of the things I do as a hobby is transcribe historical documents for NARA, and some of the young people I have encountered are shocked that I can read perfectly legible cursive handwriting, they have never learned.

All true. My son just got his drivers lic at 17. I know I got mine on my birthday.

Also, they don't even teach handwriting anymore beyond the first few grades. Certainly not cursive. My boys can barely read it.

• Timshel_
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I would have stalked you, fantasized about you on steamy nights and made a lot of prank phone calls to you in my youth. You know. Before the internet even existed so it would have really been a chore. But I would have been 100% on board.

Right around this time they had those party phone in lines.
    Those were just dumb, but that was early social media type thingys.

• cee134
    Options

Ever had tea?

I LOVE tea. I more meant I haven't had things like Monster or Rockstar or whatever

Ever had Monster Rockstar Tea?

I have no idea what that is

It's what dreams are made of.
  • rheddmobile
    Options

All true. My son just got his drivers lic at 17. I know I got mine on my birthday.

Also, they don't even teach handwriting anymore beyond the first few grades. Certainly not cursive. My boys can barely read it.

I'm not sure how important it is to be able to write it, but the loss of reading ability is a real tragedy. The other day I transcribed a letter from Sherman to Stanton which probably no one had laid eyes on in 150 years, it was buried in a file. Really thrilling to think that I was reading information that couldn't be found in a book anywhere. And now, today's generation will find those documents as inaccessible as if they were written in Latin.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    ismdaqwj7cs2.jpg

But millennials took the popularization of soy to a new level and fertility rates are simply plummeting, especially in the silicone valley corridor.

0dved1oowgjm.jpg

"Anyway, like I was sayin', soy is the fruit of our generation. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, soy-kabobs, soy creole, soy gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple soy, lemon soy, coconut soy, pepper soy, soy soup, soy stew, soy salad, soy and potatoes, soy burger, soy sandwich. That- that's about it."
  • rheddmobile
    edited January 2018
    Options

I'm not sure how important it is to be able to write it, but the loss of reading ability is a real tragedy. The other day I transcribed a letter from Sherman to Stanton which probably no one had laid eyes on in 150 years, it was buried in a file. Really thrilling to think that I was reading information that couldn't be found in a book anywhere. And now, today's generation will find those documents as inaccessible as if they were written in Latin.

It's not the students' choice whether or not they're taught cursive, though.

It's not Millennials' fault that they aren't taught most of the things this thread has been complaining about!