Annoying things your pet does..

Options
blt0087
blt0087 Posts: 115
Any pet owner loves and adores their furry little friend, but let's face it..sometimes they do things that make us think "why in the world are you living in my house?"

My adorable feline, Madison thinks anytime I'm in the restroom its our "bonding" time. She rubs against my legs, will stand on her back legs and paw at my hands until I pet her. I've tried locking her out while I take care of my business, but the little rascal knows how to open doors!

She also likes to lay right in the middle of the walkway which is extremely inconvenient when I'm carrying a basket of laundry and can't see her!

Lol anyone else have any tails ( :tongue: ) of their pets doing similar things?

Replies

• TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    He lives at my house...
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    My cat Lucifer likes to sit on the back of the couch and chew on my hair. Usually with a paw on my head to keep me still. This would be adorable if the 17 lbs monster wasn't leaning right on my neck.

Also my old cat Spooky (who just passed in January after 17 years of being my companion) used to take socks or undies out of the dirty clothes and walk around the apartment meowing as loud as she could. If you walked out and looked at her, she'd drop the clothing, and **** her head to one side until you pet her.

Spooky also used to sit pretty next to my husband and softly meow until he got up and gave her treats. He was such a softie with her.

Edit: It's supposed to be c@ck, btw. I forgot the alternative meaning when I typed it.
  • LillyWillow
    Options
    Ha, I had a cat like that that wanted attention in the bathroom. My dog, Lilly, is a bed hog. She is half pit and half rottie. She sleeps in between my husband and I at the foot of the bed. I usually wake up in the middle of the night almost pushed out of bed by her. She takes forever to get up and move and she grunts and sighs the whole time when I make her move. If I close the door so she can't follow me to bed then I get the worst stink eye in the morning followed by the look of betrayal. It breaks my heart.

She also likes to cuddle up to my face and then sneeze in my face :sick:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    My cat has alzheimer's so it only comes home once a month. But we have to keep buying premium cat food (the only one she'll eat) just in case she comes home again. I'm just impressed she's not dead yet.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    My dog will wait until I sit down after letting my other dog in and then go to the door and whine to be let out! Sheesh!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Sir Fuzzy Kittyhead is a rouge ninja who loves to back stab ankles, flop down in various walk ways, and leave puffs of hair all over the freshly vacuumed carpet.
  • BrookieTrout626
    BrookieTrout626 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mine constantly try to trip me. Its so annoying and I swear one of these day's I'm going to go flying into the floor or a wall in front of me because of them.
  • violenceandlace
    Options
    My cats are mostly ok, except the big one throws a tantrum if you see even a dime sized amount of the bottom of hte food dish. Then he screams at me until I fill it, at which point he eats so fast he starts puking, gets scared of the puke, and tries to run away, while puking leaving trails of puke through the apartment.

My bunnies like to scatter hay everywhere and if I leave any electrical cords within reach, they're destroyed in seconds. But it's been months since that's happened.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I live in the middle of cattle ranching country. The fencing on these large tracts of land tends to be barbed wire. My dog loves to run and chase the occasional rabbit. When on the chase, nothing stops him or enters his doggies brain but "BUNNY, MUST CHASE!". He will run under fences at full speed, not caring for his own safety one bit. This is what happened one time.

48421e3a-ac83-4e46-a8fd-ce94ecab41de_zps57a03824.jpg

He couldn't have cared less. I only wish I had his pain tolerance. This annoying habit resulted in a $300 vet bill. Thanks Chuckles...

I love him regardless of his occasional doggie mindlessness.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My dog is horrible at being walked, he pulls so much even with a choker!!! stubborn dog, i might have to get a body harness for him because he is too big to be doing that!!! and when he wants me to wake up or get my attention he will try to eat my hair, and if that doesnt do it he head butts me in the back of the head lol...he is an akita and pit bull mix only 1yr old and already 70lbs!!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    My boston terrier screams at the top of his lungs like he's being murdered *every single time* I leave him to use the bathroom, even the middle of the night. He also thinks it's super fun to shove his squeaky toys under furniture, then screams because he can't get to his super amazing toy, repeat ad nauseum.

My cat Horus thinks it's super fun to pull the water bowl all over the floor. He's obsessed with it. It's messy.

My cat Cherub who is paralyzed thinks it's the BEST GAME EVER to play keep away when I need to express his bladder.

No matter how smothered I feel, I simply do not have the option of sleeping with a pillow to myself.
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My Angus wants my attention during the day ONLY when I sit down to do something at the computer. My hand grabs the mouse and his snout is hitting my hand. It's cute until I'm trying to do something on a deadline. It's like HE KNOWS. What a jerk. And the love of my life.
  • blt0087
    blt0087 Posts: 115
    Options
    My cats are mostly ok, except the big one throws a tantrum if you see even a dime sized amount of the bottom of hte food dish. Then he screams at me until I fill it, at which point he eats so fast he starts puking, gets scared of the puke, and tries to run away, while puking leaving trails of puke through the apartment.

My bunnies like to scatter hay everywhere and if I leave any electrical cords within reach, they're destroyed in seconds. But it's been months since that's happened.

Ahhh yes, electrical cords. My cat is fond of headphones..I've gone through probably 4 pair (she got ahold of my dad's Bose headphones and I swear I saw smoke coming out of his ears). Luckily I can get a cheap pair of headphones for a couple of bucks at work..but its a pain when I look forward to a run only to find my headphones in pieces!
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have this interesting crisscross of scratch scars on my right elbow. It's how my 2 year old rat terrier, Lily, announces she's not getting enough attention. Or that she wants under the covers because she's too lazy to burrow in herself. She is also jealous and will bite the other dog's nose if she feels like the other dog is getting more of my attention.

I'm pretty sure my 5 year old dachshund, Lucy, has the coldest nose ever. And she likes to stick it on the nape of my neck.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i love my girl more than anything but the barking..oh god the barking. but her personality is too cute so i can deal with it. and she constantly wants her little belly rubbed and shes VERY stubborn.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    If my dog is cold she woofs at me to close the garden door. If she is still cold she woofs to have the heater put on. Once when my other dog escaped out of the garden, she came woofing at me to tell me. Wouldn't stop untill I went to see what was wrong.

My other dog lets himself out into the front garden (he can open doors) walks all the way around to the back door and lets himself inleaving all the doors wide open. No fun in winter.
  • MakenzieSky3
    MakenzieSky3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a whippation(whippet dalmation mix) named Charly and she can't bear it when I'm not within 5 feet of her. I'm a very touchy feely person but she's just ridiculous. She also has the longest tongue I've ever seen in my life and will shoot it out at you like a dart. I love her so much lol.

And my twin sister has a miniature shnauzer named Dexter who has been staying with me. He finds it fun to wake me up at the buttcrack of dawn by sitting on my chest and staring at me intently. He also loves to play the "Let me in, Let me out!" game and simply cannot comprehend why children find it okay to play in their own yard when it is so close to ours.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cats.

Fudge will not allow you to be behind a closed door. No closed doors in the house. If you try to lock her out because she is waking you up in the middle of the night, she will just cry and cry. Also if I take a bath, she likes to come into the bathroom, then meows to leave, then meows to come back. Very annoying.

Kiki will sit anywhere someone, including Fudge just vacated. If I am on the couch to go bathroom, I come back and there is Kiki.

What is really funny about the girls is that I can't pet one and not the other. If I pet Fudge, Kiki will come over and Fudge she gets angry. I have to actually make sure that no matter what I split my attention between the two of them. Really needy kitties I have, cute as hell, but needy.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    3 cats.

Squishie must be led down the stairs to the food bowl, or she will stay upstairs indefinitely.

Munchkin will let you know that if you're sitting down to read something, it must be time to pet her. Now. Do it. DO. IT.

Nyx wants to go wherever it is that you're going. She can't get too far ahead though, she might lose you. She has to stay just half a step ahead of you so that you can't walk normally and she likes to double back and cross between your legs as you make your way down the stairs.
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Every single time I do Jillian Michaels' DVDs and I'm doing floor work that involves planking stances both my cats think this is the perfect time to climb on me, over me and generally use me as a neat new plaything.

Another time one got too curious about the treadmill when I was running - he jumped on, I had to jump over him as he stopped dead and then went zooming under me and flying off the back end. I was laughing so hard I almost fell off myself. You know cats, they do something embarrassing and then pretend they did it on purpose by immediately grooming and refusing to meet your eyes. Now me creeps past the treadmill, glaring accusingly - even when it's off.

Non-exercise related - 6 am is apparently the time for Jazz, my black cat to start yowling and demanding their morning treats. They start this downstairs and progressively get closer to my room if I do not respond within an appropriate amount of time until they are standing on me, yowling in my face. He's a talker. He will talk and if you talk back to him you can hold a completely unintelligible conversation. I know he's saying something, because he never replies with the same tone. I need a universal cat translator app.

My grey tabby, Prowl, likes the back of my computer chair as a resting spot. If I am on the computer too long in his opinion - he will start tapping his paw on my shoulder to remind me to take a break. If this doesn't get my attention - he will proceed down the arm of the chair and curl in my lap. If that fails, he will flop across the keyboard. Point taken. He also prefers to use me as a bed making sure to lay in the most uncomfortable places and pretty much making it impossible to move unless I toss him off.

They do make me smile and laugh a lot. :bigsmile: