Annoying things your pet does..

Options

Replies

• elizabethadkins737
    Options
    We have 5 cats. All of them do their own annoying things, but I'll list the top ones :)
    Our house organization and habits mostly revolve around our cats. (i.e. their favorite cords to chew on are wrapped in tinfoil, we close all doors behind us to rooms they will get in trouble in)

Goose (20lb tuxedo) loves to chew plastic. When we forget to close the bathroom door, he chews the shower curtain. There's a 1ft dia. hole in the current one that we just bought a month ago -.- He also likes to choke himself. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4PTaoXsedk Goose also loves leather, so we are limited to wood and microfiber furniture, and we've lost several pairs of shoes due to his chewing habits.

Moose, our mentally retarded cat has anxiety. He's a rescue and he's been like this for as long as we've had him even though we've been nothing but nice to him. We've had him on anti-anxiety medication which seems to help. But he likes to pee on things or off of things because he doesn't like the litter box sometimes, or when he's protesting something. He goes in phases where he'll use the litter box, then just decide it's not for him. So we keep every piece of clothing off the floor, all towels, coats, purses everything. He's peed IN my purse (got a purse hook after that & a new purse) inside of a toolbox because he was anxious about us painting the room, on our bed WHILE WE WERE SLEEPING, on the foreman grill or anything new that is on the counter, on plastic bags, off the side of chairs etc. He also licks himself (furmows) due to his anxiety so he's missing a lot of hair on his stomach and legs. Here's Moose! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OIWkiCi40

Feralas likes to drink out of water glasses, and has broken several of them. So we keep all glasses out of reach or inside the sink so they can't fall.

Shiva likes to chew on my fake plant, so we got a Scattt to keep her away XD She also gets up on my computer desk and digs on my monitor. Here's Shiva! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTvq1u0pBBM

Brody is our ragdoll and he loves to wake us up at 4:30am to be nice. He has the loudest damn purr, and he likes to give love bites. What a way to wake up! He's also chewed up cords, and ate a whole mayonnaise packet....which he threw back up thankfully. Here's Brody! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw86ZnB7l5I

With that said, my cats are actually well behaved 95% of the time, but they DO have their annoying habits!!
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Our dog farts. A lot.

She also has a thing for batteries. Can't leave them lying around, cause she will eat them.

My childhood dog used to fart a lot (we used to call him 'silent but DEADLY'

We resorted to feeding him charcoal dog buscuits (as its supposed to help break things down to stop the gas) - - didnt work lol

The funny thing was every time he did it he would look at you with the "what on earth were you thinking, thats disgusting" look, then get up and walk out of the room lmao
  • Hollyhobby22
    Hollyhobby22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My 6 foot boa thinks that my glasses should support her when gets sick of sitting on my shoulders
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am not a cat lady.

There, now that we have that cleared up, let me introduce you to mixed bag of felines in our home. Not a single one of them, not one of the 8 could be called normal.

Fat Boy, age 16 years, orange manx, original name Fuzz nuts, until we had kids.
    He is an @sshole. Sits with his back to you and generally sleeps on anything he can. Follows my husband anywhere with absolute devotion and love until he gets mad. Then he waits so snuggly and patiently for my husband to fall asleep and pees on his pillow. favorite other hobby, if you do not shut him out of the bathroom, he will join you in the shower or tub. Fun time if you have a guest....

Jack, age 4 years, orange short hair tailed kitty. he weighs 20 pounds. Absolutely scared to death of paper bags, plastic bags and perfume bottles, and heights. He was adopted after a stray had kittens on the roof. He was the only survivor of their attempts to get off the roof. Hence the name Jumping Jack Flash. (don't judge on the weight, he's sensitive to being called fat. He's lost through steady diet 4 pounds over the last 18 months)

Wally, age 3 years, solid white Khoa Manee breed complete with one green eye, one blue eye and extra toes on her front paws.
    Found on a doughnut run at Walmart one Sunday morning to appease 6 hungry teenagers. Most expensive doughnut run ever.
    She looked brown, had no fur on her ears, had a respiratory infection, weighed 1.6 pounds at the vet, who estimated her to be 4 months old then. Kitty nearly died on me. Best cat ever.

Snickers, a rescue from Petsmart that had been shortlisted to be put down. Age about 15 years, himaylayan kitty with blue eyes that are crossed. She's old, crabby and lazy. Has her own space on the second floor of the house because she does not play well with others. So she lives exclusively with the kids on their floor. Her days are spent terrorizing stuffed animals, lounging in front of her personal fan or heater in the winter and tolerating being toted around by my 11 year old daughter who is convinced she can't walk.

Mittens, age 1 year. Calico Manx with extra toes. Prefers to sleep with her head as close to your butt as you will let her get or she can sneak into. Very cold nose at 2am if the covers shift.

Marshmellow, white stumpy Manx, with extra toes. Plays fetch obsessively. Hates any and all women, but is a shameless hussy for any human male she can reach.

Yoda, age 1, calico manx, female kitty. I think she may have been dropped on her head. heart of gold kitty. Loves to sit in the kitchen on the barstools and watch you cook. Meowing soft encouragements when you dice veggies or season stuff. I think she's trying to convey her own culinary style onto us.

Tiger, age uncertain. Guessed to be about 2. He used to live at my job. He is a snake hunter. A very good snake hunter. Orange half Maine coon. He came to live with me after getting sloppy in his snake hunting and got bit by a water moccasin. He is affectionate and drools when happy. He's happy from the drooling, a good 90% of the time. You find little wet spots on you when he gets done with you. The cat has the foulest litterbox visits of anything I have ever smelled in my life, you could use this stuff as biological warfare.

All are fixed, have regular vet visits and plenty of room in our house to roam and play.

But I swear I am not a cat lady. Most of them found me. I can't seem to not help hurt animals or injured animals. Those are just mine, the ones I have patched up and had vet visited and fixed and found homes for number in the hundreds. My vet now spays or neuters the animals I bring in for $15 and does their shots for $10 because we see him so much. I think he realized there isn't an animal I won't help if it crosses my path hurt or injured. The rare animal I can't save he puts down for free and those are the ones that break my heart.

I ever win the lottery I will own enough acreage to be an animal sanctuary with enough well paid help that kill shelters will be emptied around where I live. No animal deserves to live in a cage.EVER. Spay or neuter and make sure they have their shots.
  • Truckergirl922
    Options
    My pit bull/who knows, Rocky, likes to steal the bath mat while I am in the shower. He also thinks bathroom time is bonding time. He will walk in front of you and suddenly lay down in your path and roll on his back.

My Husky/wolf, Tala, will pant heavily at your bedside until you wake up at 3am to let her out. She also looks at you as if she is saying "I know you don't mean me" when you tell her to go lay down.

They are relatively good dogs, but sometimes I can't help but think "One of these days....."
  • Truckergirl922
    Options
    Oh, btw, did I fail to mention we all live in a 1 bedroom 600sqft apartment?
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cats. They are sisters and I have had them for 5 years.
    Gizmo is a long hair calico. I rarely see her. She hides ALL THE TIME. Most of my friends have never seen her. It is odd though because when we first got her she was such a needy kitten. She had to be right on top of someone all the time. The only annoying thing she does is freak out if my daughter is not in her bed by 10:30. She will come out of hiding and scream until she finds my daughter so they can go to bed.
    Ellie is an orange tabby and she is my real pain in the rear. About twice a week she decides that the litterbox is beneath her. She will poop RIGHT in front of it. Even if it was just cleaned. She loves tape. If there is tape hanging off the side of anything she will eat it. I don't get it. When I get out of the shower she rubs all over my legs. SO ANNOYING. If my kids close their bedroom door at night and she can't sleep with one of them she thinks it is perfectly acceptable to sleep on my pillow. I woke up at 4am one morning and she was laying on my pillow staring at me. That is a little creepy. And I am fairly certain she is in love with my boyfriend. When he gets home from work she runs to him. When he bends over to pet her she puts her paw on his cheek and stares into his eyes like he is the most beautiful thing she has ever seen.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My dog is freakishly close to perfection. I would say her one flaw is barking at strangers.

My cat drives me nuts..She climbs up my back when I am trying to do my hair makeup, gets hairballs and pukes on my bed, scratches the sofa no matter what I do, very demanding for play times, and the biggest annoyance is she likes to snuggle up and lick my neck when I am trying to sleep.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    he licks his feet and makes that gawd awful smacking sound - I swear he does it on purpose
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My partner hates when our cat Tigger keeps chewing and pumping his paws on our sofa blankets. I think its cute but he HATES it and always shoos him away.
  • Healthytobex2
    Options
    My 155 pound Newfoundland follows me into the toilet and then sits on my feet while i am trying to go pee
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    Nothing my dog does could ever annoy me.... it is TRUE!!!

Everything he does is adorable, no matter how naughty he is... just love him too much!!!

But i must i've really enjoyed what evrybody has tto say about their pets.... i think they all cute :flowerforyou: Especially the kitty who chews on hair :laugh:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I have 4 inside dogs...where do I start? I suppose the thing that aggravates me most comes from the alpha dog. He INSISTS on going first and tries to guess where I'm going, frequently stopping and turning around to see if I'm still behind him. It's like having a freakin' body guard. The most frequent word that I say during the course of a day is MOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE!!! :grumble:
  • LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My cat Wickett is my alarm clock - he wakes me each morning by gently shoving one claw up my nostril :grumble:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My long haired dachshund refuses to go outside when it rains. She'll hold her #2 but not her pee on rainy days. She also will pee whenever a man or teenage boy comes over the house. Because of this we have to keep her in the kitchen and a mop at the ready. I also have to tell people not to pet her or go anywhere near her and to completely ignore her or they'll get pee on their feet. She'll stand up on her back legs and reach up to someone to get pet and the minute they touch her.....pppppp all over their shoes. Some kids think its funny and purposely try to excite her to pee. I end up yelling NO NO NO STAY AWAY FROM HER!!!!!

On rainy days when she refuses to go outside I would toss a sliver of hot dog out the back door or a slice of lunch meat just to get her to go out and would leave her out till I saw her do her business. But that only lasted a few days before she caught onto what I was doing and now I could toss an entire pack of hotdogs out the back door and she'll just look at me as if I'm nuts.

Anyone want her? Believe I've tried to find a new home for her. But I'm honest about her peeing problem and fear of the rain. So no takers yet. :sad:

Our Golden on the other hand is twice her age and hasn't had an accident in the house since he was 6 weeks old.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My cat Wickett is my alarm clock - he wakes me each morning by gently shoving one claw up my nostril :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My cat Sassy grabs the tip of my nose between her teeth and gently tugs. thankfully no claws up my nostrils lol
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Why can't they gag up hairballs on the tile floor...why is is *ALWAYS* on the carpet.....?
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My dog is a spoiled brat. He listens when he wants to or if I bribe him with treats - which doesn't always work anymore...
    He also throws tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. He does this annoying thing when he doesn't want to come inside or be moved where he goes limp and acts like it's sooooo much trouble for him to get up so he MAKES me pick him up (he's 30 lbs!), and if he doesn't want to be moved at all, he'll start to kick his hind legs the way little children do at the supermarket when they're having a fit. -_- He's kind of a *kitten* when he wants to be.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I used to have this cutest tiny fluffy tabby cat who when she wanted me to get up and feed her, she would gently take my eyelids between her teeth and try to open my eyes! She was sooo gentle and it was kinda cute. Poor little girl she couldn't mieouw for some reason, wass completely silent. just opened her mouth but no sound.
    then one day she got pregnant by accident, she was too tiny to have babies. She went into labour we had to go to the vet and she lost them all. She didn't stop meiouwing and finally could make a sound, for about 3 days. She was so sweet.

My beautiful new white cat (odd eyed, one green one blue) when she is outside insists on sheltering under this old car which hasn't moved for years. She comes out covered in oil which totally is terrbile from snow white to all dirty. Plus she tries to lick it off which can't be good! so sometimes I bath her which of course she hates.

number one pet hate is she is scratching her claws on my new wallpaper, its a textured type. Gotta get her a scratch post!!!!
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    "Someone" repeatedly pees on my running shoes. I sure hope it's one of my dogs.