Annoying things your pet does..

Options

Replies

• LilacDaffodil
    LilacDaffodil Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My cat Wickett is my alarm clock - he wakes me each morning by gently shoving one claw up my nostril :grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My cat Sassy grabs the tip of my nose between her teeth and gently tugs. thankfully no claws up my nostrils lol

282904_10151373568505041_607385324_n.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    "Someone" repeatedly pees on my running shoes. I sure hope it's one of my dogs.

This one made me laugh out loud! I hope it's one of your dogs, too.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump for later ;-)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    When I'm making my dog's meals he pushes me. I mean he gets up on his back feet, puts his front paws on my rear end and SHOVES repeatedly like he's giving my butt CPR or something. If I'm not braced for it he's come close to knocking me down.
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My cat also lies in the middle of a walkway! She also brings back mice and rabbits... And doesn't cuddle at all :(
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    OMG, these stories are just too funny. My dog sun baths. I go out to the pool and he comes with. He will lay there on his back like "yeah get it good on this side" then roll over and do his back. Then we go inside and he looks at me like "can I have a treat for getting a good tan?"

He also does not understand the term personal space. He has to touch me to go to sleep. I will tell him to get in his "spot" his bed, and he will hang a paw out and reach for me to touch me in order to fall asleep.

Did I mention, he's a Yorkie/Maltese mix? He is in the pick with on in my photos...looks like I'm squishing him.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    i have a very old staffy, shes 14 and a half now.. ive raised her from 5 weeks old, very much part of the family but recently shes been eating my mini jackrussels poop.. its totaly grossing me out.. i think shes trying to commit suicide! *wretch* :sad:

anyone know why she could be doing this?
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    i have a very old staffy, shes 14 and a half now.. ive raised her from 5 weeks old, very much part of the family but recently shes been eating my mini jackrussels poop.. its totaly grossing me out.. i think shes trying to commit suicide! *wretch* :sad:

Thats what my husband calls recycling :laugh:

As for why? The vet told us that its because the dog may have a deficiency and gets what it needs from the other animals poo. lol
    We had a dog that used to eat his own poo. Once we changed his food he quit doing it.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have an old beat-up gray tomcat that steals kittens from other people's houses and brings them home as his "pets" or something. This is the cat on my ticker with one of his kittens.

I haven't decided if he is just a sweet old cat or if he is a feline pedophile! :laugh:
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    One of my cats will follow me around every where. If she hears the shower curtain open she will run in there and then whine until i take a bath or shower. If i am just moving the curtain she will follow me and whine for the longest time. Also she has bulimia. When i fill the bowl of food or water she will run to it and start eating like crazy and then immediatly throw up. Anywhere!

She is not allowed in my office or bedroom and will sit at the door and whine the whole time or get her paw under the door and shake it all to hell. She is literally in my face all the time....so that is quite annoying!
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    Our dog farts. A lot.

She also has a thing for batteries. Can't leave them lying around, cause she will eat them.

My childhood dog used to fart a lot (we used to call him 'silent but DEADLY'

We resorted to feeding him charcoal dog buscuits (as its supposed to help break things down to stop the gas) - - didnt work lol

The funny thing was every time he did it he would look at you with the "what on earth were you thinking, thats disgusting" look, then get up and walk out of the room lmao

Try feeding her yoghurt. Helped with our old dog Mikey. Nothing like beer farts from a 15yo Lab/Pit mix! :sick:
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My dog (13 y/o lab ) barks at 3 am and pretends to need to go out .....only on my 3 weeks home . Never wakes my husband up while I'm at work ?

Then when she gets out side she wants to play ? If I don't let her out she will cry and just stare at me...so pitiful . It's aweful in the winter.....

My 4 year old King Charles Caviler does this ...wakes several times a night but only if it's just me in the bed. When my husband is home, she sleeps through the night. Brat!
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    I have 4 inside dogs...where do I start? I suppose the thing that aggravates me most comes from the alpha dog. He INSISTS on going first and tries to guess where I'm going, frequently stopping and turning around to see if I'm still behind him. It's like having a freakin' body guard. The most frequent word that I say during the course of a day is MOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEE!!! :grumble:

I hear you! I have an old, blind, somewhat disgruntled Newfoundland dog, 65 k, who thinks she must be within 6 inches of me at all times. Getting out of bed to pee at night gets rather interesting sometimes.

It was really fun when she was younger and I had a treadmill set up in the living room. She would do her best to rescue me from it by grabbing my arm or leg or whatever she could get in her mouth and pulling!
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    My rabbit Donnie - keeps frikin eating rubber.
    Remote control buttons, baby bottle teets, jeez. :grumble:
  • KelleyGirl74
    KelleyGirl74 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have an old beat-up gray tomcat that steals kittens from other people's houses and brings them home as his "pets" or something. This is the cat on my ticker with one of his kittens.

I haven't decided if he is just a sweet old cat or if he is a feline pedophile! :laugh:

LOL This is just too funny!!!
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options

Thats what my husband calls recycling :laugh:

As for why? The vet told us that its because the dog may have a deficiency and gets what it needs from the other animals poo. lol
    We had a dog that used to eat his own poo. Once we changed his food he quit doing it.

haha yes i dont need a pooper scooper anymore!

I will try anything.. change of menu coming up for the old stinky girl lol
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    Options
    annoying things my grandma dog does it always want to hug you. AND he does not care what you are doing
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Any pet owner loves and adores their furry little friend, but let's face it..sometimes they do things that make us think "why in the world are you living in my house?"

My adorable feline, Madison thinks anytime I'm in the restroom its our "bonding" time. She rubs against my legs, will stand on her back legs and paw at my hands until I pet her. I've tried locking her out while I take care of my business, but the little rascal knows how to open doors!

She also likes to lay right in the middle of the walkway which is extremely inconvenient when I'm carrying a basket of laundry and can't see her!

Lol anyone else have any tails ( :tongue: ) of their pets doing similar things?

Ha ha, a friend of mine called those "potty pets" and all my cats do it, too! The cats don't really do anything annoying other than pouncing up and down off the bed all night. The force they exert to jump is rather amazing and can wake me up.

Our dogs drive me nuts when they have to rush outside at 90 miles an hour then do nothing until I shut the door. Then they bark until I open it (which makes me delay opening it even more...). Then, they rush inside at 90 miles an hour and usually crush one of my toes.

They eat their own vomit.

They are terrified of the vacuum cleaner.

They are terrified when I fluff open a new garbage bag.

Correction - one is terrified and the other has no mind of his own so he acts terrified, too.

They exist solely to eat. I'm in a calorie deficit and this drives me nuts more than anything else!

But we love them :)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have a mini pig. Mini pigs can jump quite high, for something so tiny. She like to jump on my bed while I'm sleeping, and try to push me around with her snout to play.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My feline .. She eats plastic, plastic bags aren't safe anywhere near her! It's awful
    how I have to hide it but she's good, she finds it often.

My cat does the same thing! I wonder why some cats are so attracted to plastic. Do you think it's the equivalent to humans who secretly enjoy smelling artificial scents like permanent markers?

My cats love to stand directly in front of the computer monitor where they block 75% of the computer screen.

I keep an old bedspead on top of the couch to collect the cat hair. Whenever I remove it for washing, the cats relish the opportunity to jump up on the now-unprotected couch and smother it in cat hair. Even if I have a second bedspread handy to re-cover the couch, they ambush the couch the second it's uncovered, even dashing in from another room to scatter their hairs everywhere :explode:

LOL I have a calico that likes plastic, too, but only the handles on plastic bags! She chews right through them. I often use them to carry lunches to work, etc. and, if she gets ahold of one, my hand will slip right through the handle when I grab.
    I posted earlier that my cats don't do anything really annoying but there had to be something :)