edited February 2018
    I had a cheap one but it broke.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Thank you @pinuplove
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Are all food scales created equal?

Hi. I have an OXO. Had it for years and don't remember exactly how much it costs. Not a whole lot as I'm a tightwad.

HTH.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Aw0627 wrote: »
    What about frozen veggies do we weigh them frozen, cooked, or thawed?

I weigh mine frozen, cook them, and then subtract the weight of the packaging for the steam-in-bag ones. If it's not a steam in bag package, then weigh it frozen outside of the packaging.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Bump
  • Great reminder to all of us not so newbies too!!! Damn I need to find my food scale!!!! :)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I have had my scale for a week now. Perhaps I need a life but I really enjoy using it. I always thought they were a lot more expensive and confusing to use.

I got a TFAL at Canadian tire. Regular $30 but was on sale for $20. It was not expensive at all.
    I use the zero/tare button and it could not be easier.
  • quiksylver296
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    I have been on MFP for 6 years, I was successful at losing weight and hitting my goal without a food scale, since then I had another baby, gained all the weight back, and over the past year and 3 months I have very slowly been losing it, I have my calories set low to make up for over estimating, that being said, I realize how stupid that all sounds and finally ordered a food scale, It comes today :):D and food prep bento boxes.

Let us know what you think!
  • quiksylver296
    yoliyoda wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I bought a food scale yesterday.

Yay! Tell us something you learn when you start using it.
  • quiksylver296
    I weigh everything. One thing I found interesting is that the slices of bread in a loaf of bread can vary 10-30% in weight because of the tapered ends and slope of the bread. This doesn't apply to sandwich style bread where the slices are consistent.

True.
  • quiksylver296
    Bump.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    I utilize a food scale for everything thats solid but it brings up another question. When it comes to liquids, do you all trust a liquid measuring cup? Since most liquids do not give weight but fl oz.

I weigh liquids, personally. I know "they" say to use measuring cups for liquids, but it hasn't affected my weight loss at all and I'd rather not wash a measuring cup. So, I just put my coffee cup on the scale and weigh my creamer (or whatever). If my weight loss ever stalls, that is one thing I know I can tighten up on.

Me too. And I think the difference is so small.If you always have steady deficit, it won't make a huge difference or stall your weight loss.