So ANNOYED by food pushers at my office!

Options
123457»

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Continue to eat healthy and try to ignore them.

8488541.png
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The next time they taunt you...tell them nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
    Yes, I would've said this. But first I would've taken the chicken finger, licked it & handed it back......because it's true!
    "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    At least 3 times in the work week (this is not an exaggeration) all of my already overweight co-workers order fast, greasy take out. Every time they order, they ask me and I ALWAYS say "no thank-you" as politely as possible. Usually it ends there and we go on with our day. But lately, they have been ragging on me about my diet. We were sitting in the lunch room , I had a sandwhich and a salad, and one of my co-workers waved a chicken finger in front of my face and said "mmmmm sooo good. Don't you just wish you could eat it?".

That was my breaking point. I don't mind that they wanna eat the greasy foods (even though they are clearly gaining weight). I have will power to eat my salad while they eat greasy foods almost every day. I just can't stand the pushiness. It has gotten worse and worse. One of them is eating a poutine with chicken fingers and taunted me again. These are 30-50 year old women - bear that one in mind.

WTF DO I DO

Go see HR and discuss the issue with them. From my point of view - it looks like harassment.
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    not a single one of you noticed this is a troll
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all 6 pages of replies, but the best possible answer to the chicken-finger person would be to say, in the sweetest voice possible,

"If I wanted to look like you, I'd eat like you."

Guaranteed it will shut them up FOREVER.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many similar stories on MFP, and truthfully, I am so glad this hasn't happened to me. The conversation with these ladies would be VERY short, and not very pleasant. This is just ridiculous and smacks of jealousy. You said that it's gotten worse lately, and it's probably because they've noticed that you've lost weight.

People like that just don't want to see other people taking charge of their life and will revel in victory when they break you and see that you're will power is no better than theirs. I truly think that this is sabotage to the n'th degree. It's disgusting that there's people like this that are only happy when others are just like them. And when I say 'like them' I mean feigning happiness when they really want to drag you into the "we can't (won't) lose weight and get healthy, so you can't either" crowd.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that nonsense. If possible, I'd eat my lunch at a different time than them, or go somewhere else since it seems like they enjoy ruining your lunch time. The sensible me wouldn't give them the satisfaction of a rebuttal, but I know me and I'd probably tell them to F off. (not exactly the right thing to do)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Push back. When that happened to me at my former workplace, I just started quoting calorie counts, and how many miles they would have to walk to burn off that burger. (1 mile= 150 calories roughly). A co-worker brought in taco bell at least once a week, and I'd point out that she'd have to walk 4 miles just to burn off her burrito, another 2 miles to burn off the soda and even more miles to burn off any sides she may have also ordered.

Pointing out to people how calorie dense their foods are, is a good way to become annoying, but when you reply "I don't have the time to walk the 10 miles necessary to burn off that meal today," they'll stop pushing the food.

It also kept me from caving in and getting take out with the rest of the crew. When I know I'd have to walk 10 miles to burn off that meal, it makes it much easier to just skip it.
  • qwerty1895
    Options
    Don't eat lunch. Easy.
  • Bunny1177
    Bunny1177 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did that to me the last time I was on a diet. I wanted to punch something or show her the international finger sign, I was so angry!!!

Next time they do that, answer something like "I don't like pink slime, but you go ahead." and then wink at her and smile as if you have something to hide. Or when they have pepperoni pizza, say something like "I don't eat slaughterhouse waste, but you go ahead". Actually I don't know what exactly they put in pepperoni, lol!
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    eat your lunch somewhere else or tell them to f**k off.

that second bit was a joke