Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    2/1-Dry
    2/2-Dry
    2/3- 2 Manhattans and a 5oz glass of wine (planned)
    2/4- 10 oz beer (less than planned!)

I had a great run on Saturday after managing to stay dry on Friday night. Saturday we were going out to dinner and I had planned for 3 drinks for the evening. I had a cocktail and glass of wine at dinner and then a night cap when we got home. This was over the course of about 5 hours, so I was feeling absolutely fine when I went to bed Saturday night. I woke up early on Sunday, met some friends for a 12 mile run and had a productive day of cleaning before we headed to our friends' house for the Superbowl. I told my husband to pack 2 of his home brews for me and that was all I was going to drink. I ended up having less than one bottle (I shared half or more of each bottle with somebody) and drank water the rest of the night. It was nice to come home with a clear head. And added bonus to all of this is how much my husband has cut back on drinking as well. He had 2 beers last night and we returned home with an almost full cooler. This morning he said "no alcohol tonight", which really surprised me. I told him that I have been trying to cut back, but that is all that I have mentioned to him.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I did well Friday and Saturday. I didn't do well Superbowl Sunday. I few glass of beer and went home with some wine. Woke up this morning with a slight hangover and drinking A LOT of water right now. I will be AF for the rest of this month though!!!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Feb. 01 - no
    Feb. 02Fri- yes
    Feb. 03Sat - no
    Feb. 04-yes
    Feb. 05- no
    and plan to not drink till Friday. :)
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Before I met you, a big part of my daily and weekly routine was planning my booze:

Wonder how much vodka I have left in the fridge
    Do I have enough olive brine
    Should I stop at the liquor store on my way home. But I was there just the day before and the check out lady was being too friendly for my taste. She pretended I was an acquaintance
    Maybe I go to the other store today.. But traffic....
    Do I have enough for 3 doubles. What if I need a 4th
    Yes I know I'm getting fat but I workout
    My doctor will never know

Yes I was having alcohol problems

I can totally relate.