Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I don't drink wine every day, but when I do (on weekends) I usually go through a whole bottle in one night. Not good. I'm not going to "abstain", but I will definitely cut down. No bottles in the house - just a glass or two if we go to dinner for a special occasion (our anniversary is on Saturday, lol).
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    WendyJB99 wrote: »
    Count me in! I enjoy my daily glass(es) of wine but my progress is slow. Worst thing is that I'm drinking the calories that I've been burning each day through exercise! Gotta stop - not worth. Looking forward to supporting everyone and learning ways to kick this habit from all of you.

I'm IN. Definitely holding me back... and I too enjoy the daily glasses of wine. I have to admit I started attempting back a month ago and didn't go very far... hopefully with a supportive group with same end goal I can do better. Drinking those calories away, not good! I've done month long detoxes before and remember feeling so much more energized... I look forward to that feeling again.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    2/1-Dry
    2/2-Dry
    2/3-2 Manhattans and a 5oz glass of wine (planned)
    2/4-10 oz beer (less than planned!)
    2/5-Dry

Another dry evening last night and one more planned for tonight. I agree that staying away from the alcohol during the week is becoming increasingly easier. Knowing that it is a planned dry day, I don't even think about it. I am not sure when the next time I will drink will be, which is also another big step for me because last month I was planning out my week in advance. OTOH, I am a planner and I have my meals planned for the week, along with my training schedule as well as everything I need to do at work, so maybe it's not such a bad thing for me to plan it in there? In a way, not having it planned scares me a bit, like I am leaving the door open for a free for all.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    So looking back on Sat night, I still don't regret drinking because it was kind of like a test. But honestly, since then I have been in a funk. My head has been cloudy and my feelings have been depressed. I've also been pretty anxious. This morning it just occurred to me I may be feeling these things due to drinking this weekend. And I didn't just drink Saturday, I binged on wine to the point of blacking out. :( I really need to come to terms with what I want out of this "experiment" - do I want to stop for good or not? My initial answer is no, but at the same time, do I want to go up and down like this every time I drink? It's like I'm going through withdrawals all over again, same things I felt 2 weeks ago. :( I was feeling so good before Saturday too.

In looking into why I drank Sat night, my reasons were twofold; Initially I decided to because my husband and I were arguing. I know that's a huge trigger for me. Which in reality doesn't make sense... I mean, what is that going to solve? Absolutely nothing. The second reason is because all of my female relatives were drinking, and I guess I was suffering from FOMO. I dunno. Those don't seem like solid enough reasons to drink and feel *kitten* for at least three days afterwards...

Maybe try going without for the whole month and then try getting back in with one or two drinks then stop. I am trying to practice moderation so I am trying to go without and then ease back in. I know I will never stop drinking but I just need to have a turn off button when I get that buzz.
  • runtodayamyrun
    runtodayamyrun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    You guys want some controversy? Look away now.....

Why are there more women than men in here? Do women have more issues with alcohol, or are they more open to making a positive lifestyle change.

< Takes cover>

I noticed this too and wondered the same thing. I do see a lot of women on here are like me, in the fact that their partner drinks too and the ladies are quitting while the men continue. Maybe women are more apt to reach out for help, then hoping our men will follow us.