Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    You guys want some controversy? Look away now.....

Why are there more women than men in here? Do women have more issues with alcohol, or are they more open to making a positive lifestyle change.

< Takes cover>

Looks like Norm's going to show them the way..

:):)
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    a6jgh7u0waz4.jpg

I'm not particularly religious but this moved me enough to take a picture of it. I think some of us feel a little bit broken.

<3 i like it!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    I am worried about that with myself. I am almost scared to take the first sip after all this time since Jan. 1st. I'm wondering if I am better off just not drinking and then I wont have to worry about it. Let me know how it goes after being dry back to moderating. Wishing you well:)

On another board someone called alcohol a wolf waiting in the woods. It waited 17 years and it got her again. She ended her story with this, "It is easier to stay out, than to get out."

I have been repeating that to myself all day and hope I am able to stay out permanently.

Amazing quote! I will write that down. I believe it. I know that wolf can bite me if i let my guard down. We've worked too hard to let that happen. Thank you so much for sharing!

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Before I go to bed, I try to read a blog or article about being alcohol free. One of my fav sites is psychologytoday.com.
    Here's a good link for people (like me) who are worried about a relapse. It says that now the studies have shown even if someone relapses, it is not viewed as a failure. It is viewed as another step in the learning process. Relapses provide useful information. It says once addiction has set in, it takes the form of a chronic illness. (Like the wolf analogy in previous post). And a relapse provides an opportunity learn better techniques for overcoming or resisting urges.

Good night , my friends. I think that's enough heavy stuff from me today. I'll give my brain a break:) xo
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201007/the-new-quitter

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Feb. 01 - no
    Feb. 02Fri- yes
    Feb. 03Sat - no
    Feb. 04-yes
    Feb. 05- no
    Feb. 06-no
    Feb. 07- dont plan too-

28.6 % - still enjoy doing this percentage really keeps me motivated to see this number below 50%
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am worried about that with myself. I am almost scared to take the first sip after all this time since Jan. 1st. I'm wondering if I am better off just not drinking and then I wont have to worry about it. Let me know how it goes after being dry back to moderating. Wishing you well:)

@JulieAL1969 - I know what you mean. This is dry day 3 after drinking over the weekend. I'm getting together with some girlfriends tonight and we have always drunk wine in the past, me to excess, typically. So, tonight will be harder than the past two, when I had nothing going on. One of my friends lost her job yesterday, so there's going to be some drunken commiserating, I know. Making a plan to bring my tea in my sippy cup and maybe a can of diet gingerale as well. Huge respect to you, BTW, for getting through that weekend with your girlfriends! THAT is tough.

Bottom line right now is that I found it a bit tough to get back to being dry after a weekend of drinking. And I didn't think much of that weekend drinking was worth it in retrospect. I know myself, and one glass is rarely enough. I was happy that I had one glass on Saturday afternoon when my husband and I went out. I'd like to stick to that pattern, instead of three glasses and beyond, which I'm prone to do.

You continue to be my role model!

• redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Back on the wagon! No wine last night. Had water, and did my laundry to keep myself busy. Went to bed early so that we could go on an early morning run.

We ran 3.6 miles! Mostly ran anyways :wink: It felt amazing! So much better than any glass of wine.

I was down 1.2 pounds. I think its a scale trick.
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    Bottom line right now is that I found it a bit tough to get back to being dry after a weekend of drinking. And I didn't think much of that weekend drinking was worth it in retrospect. I know myself, and one glass is rarely enough. I was happy that I had one glass on Saturday afternoon when my husband and I went out. I'd like to stick to that pattern, instead of three glasses and beyond, which I'm prone to do.

@kittyben Same with me ... it's the winding down after that seems to be tough.... I've always been kind of easy on myself ... that's why I didn't start dry Jan until the 2nd! Once there is a few AF nights in the bag, I'm less likely to want to drink, and when I do I wonder why I did, lol! Though, in the past, when I have been able to enjoy one glass of wine only, I'm right proud of myself, as you should be!
  • Alzzi76
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Is Rum and Rasin choc counted, it probably the only next thing i have a weakness for ... :p

The trouble is it may start something :|