Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    erikNJ, did you see Jason Kelce's speech on the Art Museum steps? Priceless! Pretty sure he was lit up a little. Let me know if you need a link.

After I posted that, I realized it must have been all over Philly tv and radio yesterday, last night and this morning. I've been listening to WIP (I'm in TX) for the last month, I wish I had listened this morning to hear about their take on the parade.

Haha yes! He has become quite the local legend for the one!

• dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had a bad day, but you have a good attitude for tomorrow. It's hard to battle both food and alcohol - either one by itself is hard enough! Good thing I quit smoking 27 years ago!

I went to bed early last night (nothing to drink) and had so much to do around the house today, I managed to avoid it. I don't have anything in the house and the temp is dropping, so too cold to go to the store.

The posts about feeling better, no headache, etc, are really helping me. I felt really good today, and got a lot accomplished. It's always better without, so I'll try to do it again tomorrow.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Day 2 at the beach and not drinking with my friends. Reading these experiences is keeping me from even being tempted. The brutal honesty and self reflection in this group is awe inspiring. You are all my heroes. <3

Yes, I very much appreciate that. I must admit that it has encouraged/forced me to be brutally honest with myself as well.

Well done on resisting alcohol at the beach. you should be proud!