February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    ERF

Very nice weather out there... but stuck at work and probably no run today unless I find an escape hatch...
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

Whoooo! (Not to be confused with "woo" I don't believe you, or that I feel the need to romantically "woo" you :wink:

Whoooo! - hellss ya! Rock on!

So I know "woo" is negative, but does it mean "I don't believe you"?
    I'm not sure the majority of people on here understand the word. I sure don't, but I don't use it.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @polskagirl01

My understanding is that "woo" means malarkey.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01

It does but I'll use it ironically sometimes. Like an eyeroll on a really bad pun.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    @polskagirl01

It does but I'll use it ironically sometimes. Like an eyeroll on a really bad pun.

That is the HUGE problem with it.

Some people think it means "woo" as in "Woohoo! That's great!"
    Some people think it means "woo" as in "woo woo" - which is a negative comment suggesting the poster is a liar, passing bunk, or complete pseudoscience.

The board MODERATORS have stated more than once that it is intended to mean "you doubt the sincerity of the post"

Since there are so many different opinions, and everyone will always do what is right in their own eyes, clicking woo is a bad thing. Someone may click it meaning a positive mark, but the person getting the click will take it as a negative one. It should be removed and forgotten for all time.

But, not my house, not my rules.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01

That is the HUGE problem with it.

Some people think it means "woo" as in "Woohoo! That's great!"
    Some people think it means "woo" as in "woo woo" - which is a negative comment suggesting the poster is a liar, passing bunk, or complete pseudoscience.

The board MODERATORS have stated more than once that it is intended to mean "you doubt the sincerity of the post"

Since there are so many different opinions, and everyone will always do what is right in their own eyes, clicking woo is a bad thing. Someone may click it meaning a positive mark, but the person getting the click will take it as a negative one. It should be removed and forgotten for all time.

But, not my house, not my rules.

I think I would be happy with the same range of reaction buttons that Facebook has. I know the ironic use isn't the official one but I think it's got a pretty substantial following - possibly greater than the 'woohoo' interpretation.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01

someone woo'ed my mileage post :laugh:
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    @polskagirl01

That's sad. I wonder if that gets inadvertently selected when scrolling on mobile. I've seen others that make no sense to "woo".

The woo doesn't belong in our thread. Unless we're swooning over shoes, others mileage, a frozen beard, that one guys legs... :blush:

right?! :lol:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01

That's sad. I wonder if that gets inadvertently selected when scrolling on mobile. I've seen others that make no sense to "woo".

The woo doesn't belong in our thread. Unless we're swooning over shoes, others mileage, a frozen beard, that one guys legs... :blush:

Legs? Where? Did I MISS something???? ;)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    @polskagirl01

Legs? Where? Did I MISS something???? ;)

Oh you remember Adrian? He's still in our Strava group, if you need to jog your memory. He posted pics prob a year ago. He had done some weight training and had (has) amazing legs. Swoon worthy.

ETA @AdrianChr92 in case he wants to stop in, maybe with another race pic...

I'm not creepy haha!