2/18 = 14 miles
    2/19 = 4 miles & Vinyasa yoga class
    2/20 = strength training at the gym
    2/21 = 9.5 miles
    2/22 = 5 miles
    2/23 = 11 miles
    2/24 = rest day
    2/25 = 6.5 miles

I got caught in a torrential downpour the last mile of my run. The black clouds rolled in out of nowhere. The scary thing? The news is reporting that two police officers were shocked by lightning responding to an accident not far from where I was running. Note to self: always check the weather / radar before heading out.

February goal miles 150 = 103 miles completed

3/4/18 = Alamo Half Marathon
    1/27/19 = Miami Marathon

Correction, THREE people were shocked by lightning. Apparently, a pedestrian was hit by a car, a cop responded to the accident - and was hit by a car, and three people who were working the accident scene after the cop was injured were struck by lightning. Crazy! Poor people :(

http://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/officer-struck-by-vehicle-3-shocked-by-lightning-while-working-scene-in-round-rock/269-523161753

Dang, that could have been a really shocking experience. Glad you are okay!!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Beat up legs and body - that's exactly how I felt Sat and Sun. RD today

@polskagirl01 The official Race Time is what counts - especially if it is being used as a qualifying time for another event. I learned tangents at my 2nd HM. An ultra runner was using it as a training distance event and she was a touch faster pace than me ( pasted me at km 7 ) I made a decision to try to stay with her and noticed her doing an exquisite job on cutting all the corners so once I started that I was suddenly catching up to her with no perceived increase in effort. Your winter is just starting and ours is starting to break +3C yesterday afternoon t-shirt weather after all the -20 & -30C weather. Good to hear a potential shoe solution is working.
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Salming is sending me two new models of shoe (The Speed and the EnRoute) and my racing top today so I am running later on to play with them :D .
    @JessicaMcB Feed the beasts Shoe XXX Pics please, include a tread view if possible and of course the racing top.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn Beat up legs and body - that's exactly how I felt Sat and Sun. RD today
    One of these years I'll wise up and get a snow blower, but that year is not this year.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    HRKinchen wrote: »
    My next race is Saturday, a 5K road race in New Orleans. Oughta be an easier time than last weekend's trail run, and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm on the fence, though, about whether I'll try for a PR on time or try to run it without walk breaks - quite certain I can't yet do both at the same time. Decisions, decisions.

Races:
    1/27 - Mississippi Blues Marathon 5K - DNS
    2/14 - Luv 2 Run 2.14M virtual - DONE
    2/18 - Q50 Trails Extravaganza 5M - Slow but educational 1:31:58
    3/3 - Rock'n'Roll Marathon Series 5K in NOLA (Registered)
    3/10 - Hammond Shamrock Run 5K (Registered)
    3/18 - Shamrockin Run 8K in NOLA (Registered)
    3/31 - Crescent City Classic 10K
    4/20 - Star Wars Dark Side 5K in WDW (Registered)
    5/12 - Q50 Cinco de Mayo Trail Race 5K
    6/21 - Summer Solstice 6.21M

I'm doing that race weekend too! I'm flying down Saturday night and doing the Rock n' Roll HM Sunday morning