WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather, congratulations! So pleased for you after last year's trauma with things falling through. You'll so love being in an area with all the shops and wonderful things, and it looks quite inviting.

Lisa in NC
  • Sunkist796
    Sunkist796 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Good morning!

So we viewed our first "accessible" apartment this morning ... in a senior community as they accept any age if a disability is present. The apartment was ok, but will be too small (800 sq ft) for two wheelchair users. It was newly carpeted, which most of us would consider a plus, but we would have to resurface as my son's roommate uses a manual chair and would never be able to maneuver his chair on carpet. Bathroom was doable but also small. All in all, it was a start. We'll keep it as an option, but it would be a pretty big step down from his current location. We looked at the senior building as there are already safety measures in place due to the ages of the general population, but I suspect these two guys are going to want something a little more contemporary.

Beth near Buffalo

I hear you about wheelchairs and carpet!! WHY??? I live in a great 2 bdrm apartment that is wheelchair friendly but it would be too small for 2 chairs. Only the bathrooms are not exactly wheelchair friendly which is okay for me since I can take 2 hops from the door to the toilet and shower....plus usually in the bedroom, I am on my crutches.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Barbara, Carol, Kylia, Katla - Thanks for your kind words and support.

Penny - You work so hard. I'm sure you will enjoy those grandkids. You definitely deserve some down time.

Barbie - I am glad you are so good at setting clear boundaries. I have a lot to learn.

Terry - Jheri is a strong advocate for me and has been since she was just 17. I'm going to take credit for raising an amazing woman. Thanks for the quote. I love it.

Heather - OOH! Exciting News! I would be jumping out of my skin. The house looks lovely. How close to the beach?
    I need to listen to your DDIL's talk and now I should have a little extra time.

Allie - I am glad things are finally coming together for you. The Allie Oasis will be much used by you and your friends I am sure.

Katla - Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure Arrow misses you.

Rori - Happy Retirement Day! I am sure they will miss you as it sounds as if you were a driving force in the organization. Have a great get away. I only hear great things about you.

No alarm for me this morning. It was nice although I've always got up before it sounds. This morning I was awake at 4, 5, 6 and gave up on the whole sleeping in thing by 7. I am however still in pjs, having enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, on my 2nd cup of coffee and talking to you lovely ladies.

I have a meeting with my manager and director at noonish. Taking in my note and doing what is necessary for my benefits to pay me until I can kick it into Medical EI and then on to AISH or disability. I am a ball of emotion and have already cried. I better take tissue along.

Anxiously awaiting Jheri's call to see which paintings are going to be featured. Looking forward to Saturday night when her art will be on public display.

Time to get dressed and get going. I do have to take Harmony to dance this afternoon. Not sure why as the day is warm and sunny and I'm sure that Kim could figure it out if she wanted to. I'm going to tell my son that they have to give me some gas $$$ as I drove them 3-4 x week and I may be short in the money department until this is all figured out.

Sharon in Sunny Southern Alberta hoping some of the snow drifts melt.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    KarenNY: Proud of you for losing a pound while on a holiday. Best of luck with the remainder of your orchestra season.

Lisa: Has it been a year already??? So glad you are enjoying your job. They are lucky to have you.

SueinWA: Adorable puppy.

Machka: I'm just in awe at how much distance you cover on your rides. Thanks for the photo tour.

Pip: Floor exercises...totally with you there. Hate 'em. But I might be asking you to raise your boot in my direction and get me back in the gym.

Heather: DIL is brilliant! I'm sending good thoughts across the pond for some real estate luck to come your way.

My two magical months of living in countdown mode are about to end. ONE. MORE. DAY. My retirement is going to be a surprise to most of my associates around the country. It's my choice to make a quiet exit. My team wants me to come back to NYC in March for a face to face sendoff. No way! No parties, no gifts, no cards, please. Biggest honor would be for them to support our council in Puerto Rico, which is in a world of hurt because they had to cancel their cookie sale this year. It's a disastrous hit to their finances. Hope they hear me.

I have lined up people to move out my home office furniture and a local handyman will be here in 2 weeks to paint the space which I am redecorating as my Zen den. While painting is happening, DH and I will probably take the train to Glenwood Springs, on the western slope of the Rockies, and spend a couple days soaking in the mineral springs and just being in the mountains. Looking forward, feeling positive. Happy dance music is queued up and ready to blast in about 20 hours. :D:D:D

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Oooh I want a zen den too! Love how that sounds!
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Rori, Happy Woo Hoo's for you! I am hot on your heels, trying to retire from at least my office job...but the light at the end of the tunnel is still far too distant, looking more like end of June rather than end of March, which had seemed a likely scenario. DH said he will be talking to head office on Monday so I guess it will be clarified then, I hope. It has all been very vague and ambiguous with lots of if this if that and wait and sees. Meanwhile, we are running out of money before payday which isn't fun and means juggling and stress. But at least there is a light, winking away in the distance.

Kylia, well done on getting your steps in. Who needs carpet anyway?

I'm kind of excited because my youngest daughter has set up a movie room for me upstairs with her xbox and a Netflix account. Now I am going to start catching up on all the movies and shows that I have missed over the years mainly because my hubby is hard wired to the tv remote at night, which is the only time I sit still long enough to watch a movie. And he watches Pickers and car auction and repossessing shows, and cooking shows that bore me to tears. Finally, I get to choose what's on the box. LOL. And it's just like going on the plane, with all sorts of choices and categories to choose from. Does anybody have any favourite movies or shows they can recommend to me? I plan to get a step machine or something to put in my movie room so I can do like Barbara and burn while I get my shows in. I want a machine that is quiet so I can hear my show without too much problem.

<3 Wendy

My favorite movies are,:
    - Eat, Pray,Love w/ Julia Roberts
    -Under The Tuscan Sun w/ Diane Lane
    -The Holiday w/ Jude Law

All all sappy, cute, funny and make me cry!
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    [quote="wildhorsewendy;c-41512290"

I'm kind of excited because my youngest daughter has set up a movie room for me upstairs with her xbox and a Netflix account. Now I am going to start catching up on all the movies and shows that I have missed over the years mainly because my hubby is hard wired to the tv remote at night, which is the only time I sit still long enough to watch a movie. And he watches Pickers and car auction and repossessing shows, and cooking shows that bore me to tears. Finally, I get to choose what's on the box. LOL. And it's just like going on the plane, with all sorts of choices and categories to choose from. Does anybody have any favourite movies or shows they can recommend to me? I plan to get a step machine or something to put in my movie room so I can do like Barbara and burn while I get my shows in. I want a machine that is quiet so I can hear my show without too much problem.

<3 Wendy

My favorite movies are,:
    - Eat, Pray,Love w/ Julia Roberts
    -Under The Tuscan Sun w/ Diane Lane
    -The Holiday w/ Jude Law

All all sappy, cute, funny and make me cry![/quote]

thanks I will put those on my list. I've read part of the Eat Pray book but I haven't seen the movie.

Terry, thanks I will put Versailles on my list. Looks sizzling and has horses. Tick.

Heather, I have decided to take a virtual trip to Hove for a look around your new neighbourhood. I feel almost like I am moving too, LOL. I love change. So exciting. So many new things to see and experience.

I've just come in from a 30 minute run with Jock. Will be a long day at the office today with Accounts. My new diet, even though I haven't been perfect in adhering, has already reaped a 2lb drop and I ate quite a lot of food yesterday, so will keep plugging away with diet, running and weights.

Hi Penny, you sound way overworked. You need to watch Jessamy's Tedx talk. LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZzyMF6bPgM

Kerri, there's nothing like a trip to the doctor to inspire renewed efforts. Good on you for the swim. You will have to hit the gym and do your upper body workout too. Get Pip to give ya a kick.
    <3 Wendy

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • beckyobryan153
    beckyobryan153 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Becca- I used to have Slimfast when my DD was little. I didn't like them then. They were too thick and grainy. They've changed the formula and I really like them now. Plus they're uber easy to make.