WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) There has been some confusion about posting links. Here is what MFP says about links:

You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

Positing most links create no problem.

Right! :)

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I hope you all had a great Tuesday. I spent mine sitting in class.Ugh! So while I'm walking trying to get a few steps in I figured I would answer all like the last 4 pages of information. Let's see if I got all mine notes right....
    Machka and Wendy- I'm awful it drinking water but I find if I start drinking it then I can keep it up. just get too thirsty. my trick is it has to be room temperature.
    Barbie- Physical therapy sucks! But I've also seen the results of not having physical therapy. Keep up the great work.
    Rye- So I actually understand the difficulty with your husband's friends. sorry you have to go through it too. my husband has friends that I say are not good for our relationship.
    they know-it-all and he seems to think they know what's best! it sucks! I play nice when we're together but that's about it.
    Joyce- Good job on the blood pressure Joyce! I hope that whatever is going on with your fingers gets better soon. sounds so painful.
    Laura- great meal choices!
    Sending before this disappears!
    Kylia
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Pip - you amaze me!
    Kylia
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    [quote="kevrit;c-41510844" On way home, had to drive through my first sand storm.

Rita in Columbus New Mexico [/quote]

My husband's family lives in Silver City and his sister works in Deming. Those signs on the highway that say "closed when flashing" are often on during sand storms and you darned well better pay attention to it and not head out in the middle of one. They are vicious! As you probably found out. My sister-in-law keeps an extra set of clothes in her car in case she gets stuck in Deming and her school has cots for teachers that can't get home because of sand storms. I don't remember too many of them when I lived there, but I was a college kid in Cruces and probably just had my mind on other things. I only went up to Silver when my boyfriend (now husband) took me along. We spent more time heading up the river to Elephant Butte to play. :)

Marcelyn
    kind of missing NM....

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn, small world!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *24,000 steps
    *175 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *64 minutes riding the exercise bike
    *78 minute walk with a friend

:)Heather, I liked your DIL's TED talk so much that I told my friend about it when we went for our walk, then I told Jake about it and he said he wanted to listen to it and maybe recommend it to his daughter.

<3 Barbie
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kylia you know what, I’m proud of my DH too! I am blessed and undeservedly lucky in my mate.

So, I really enjoy the hula hoop - and that is (thus far) the only exercise besides swimming I can say that about. So I’m going to try a March Hula Hoop Challenge for myself. A min of 15 minutes of Hula Hooping (actually keeping the hoop in the air) a day, 6 days a week. Starting today and ending April 2. I did today’s session already.

I seem to be able to hula hoop better if I am partially distracted (like TV or podcast) so I’m on the lookout for 15 minute distractions. I thought I’d try a music video station on YouTube (make my own MTV) to start. Suggestions for other distractions welcome with open arms.

G’night ladies.

Rye
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,883 Member
    Options
    Machka, thanks for the advice about the rice. (that rhymes) I never thought of it as something that could cause food poisoning and I do tend to leave it sitting around to cool down before I put it in the fridge. So now it will be going straight into the fridge. I will probably make a fresh batch every three days or so as I don't like to eat "old" food either. I feel like it has lost its goodness after a short while.

It had never occurred to me that rice could be a problem either ... until I started doing some research on what could have possibly made me so sick. I've mentioned it to some others too, and everyone has been surprised. We hear about mayonnaise in potato salad, and leaving dairy products out, and chicken, and so on, but hardly anyone talks about rice.

I did my weights work out this morning, just took Jock for a bike ride after work, and now I am heading to the beach for a barefoot run with Major. The sun is hot today and beautiful. I am going to take advantage. Making dinner can just fricking wait. >:)<3 Wendy

Sounds wonderful!!

We've got a heavy rain coming in. We do need the rain, so that's all right but I suspect I'll be doing some indoor weight lifting tonight.

Machka in Oz

• sdjm62
    sdjm62 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :):):)