WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Went to cinema yesterday with 2 best friends saw FINDING YOUR FEET a British film about oldies, their relationships, etc and some great dancing and music. Actors included Imelda Staunton, Joanna Lumley, Celia Imrie and Timothy Spall. Loved it one of the characters said it's ok to be afraid of dying but not afraid of living. Really enjoyed it and when I came home DH went to our local "chippie" (fish and chip shop) for tea. Naughty but nice. Will get back to grind today

Just enjoying second cup of tea in bed then will exercise before I venture downstairs. I find it easier to do it this way and it suits DH as he gets his newspaper and any shopping and the sits with his coffee in peace. Funny how you get in a routine but it suits us, love retirement. Feel really sorry for one of the friends I was with yesterday, she is still working and because of her age fell foul of govt changes to retirement age for women. I got my State Pension at 60 but stayed on until 65 gosh 8 years in May can't believe how fast time goes

Have a lovely day, hugs for all who need them

Kate UK <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER just watched DIL talk, what a lovely girl she is, so warm and inspirational.

Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Summing up February ...
    Feb 2016: 470.53 km (292.4 miles) = 40 hours 39 min
    Feb 2017: 600.5 km (373.1 miles) = 57 hours 30 min

So for February, I'll go for something in that range ... somewhere between 2016 and 2017. Or maybe more, we'll see how February plays out.

Really busy with work and university the first 8 days of Feb, so it's not likely that I'll rack up the big numbers then ... but I've got a bit of a break after that ... :)

And the final total ...

2017 Monthly February
    Walking Distance (km): 79.4
    Walking Time (min): 992.5
    Cycling Distance (km): 747.5
    Cycling Time (min): 2389.7
    Flights of Stairs Climbed Number: 79.0
    Flights of Stairs Climbed Time (min): 63.2
    Weights Time: 10.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 826.9
    Total Distance (miles): 513.8
    Total Time (min): 3455.4
    Total Time (hr): 57:35:25

Best February of the past 3 years! :) Looking forward to March. :)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Rori - Happy Retirement Day!!! Have a super fantastic last day and an even better time away with hubs!!

Okie
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Quickly as I have to get ready for DH dr appt for heart,then work.

Rye- Hula hoop sounds fun. My mom enjoys it, but I can't get it to stay up longer than about 15 seconds if that-haha!

Wendy- My DH is the same way with the TV. There are a few shows we watch together, but most I like, I record, and watch at a later time on different tv. You are right, who needs carpet! hahaha! Actually need new, but my fur babies are both old, so it is on the wait list.

Sharon- Some days it needs to be about US! We give lots, so deserve a "me" day occasionally! Sorry to read about your son. You are correct that they don't think it through. I hope it goes well. Kids really can be resilient. Just some adjusting and calm on the adults parts helps. Hugs

Have a blessed day Ladies!
    Kylia in Ohio where more rain is on the way!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Heather
    Just watched Jessamys video through Lisa's Blog.. Outstanding!!! Really makes you think...what I got out of it is..even though you go through life checking things off your life list..it is not how you get there without having fun and living in between...
    Rori-whooo hoo so happy for you..enjoy retirement my friend...
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Donna- what an awesome transformation! Hard work, I know, but you look beautiful and more importantly, happier!
    Kylia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    I'm alive but golly-gosh I've been busy. Just sent off the penultimate proofs on the 160-page research mag I've been working on since New Year's. Heading to Stockholm Friday to take care of the grandkids over the weekend while my son and his wife are at her cousin's wedding. After that, the online course I'm teaching lasts two more weeks. I'm SO ready for some down time!
    /Penny, pretty pooped at the t07190.gif

I was just thinking about you and hoping you were all right. :) Well done on the 160-page research mag!
  • sdjm62
    sdjm62 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :)