Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Allie- thank you for getting back to us on news of Gloria's family! Glad to hear they are doing well. KJ
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sunkist796 wrote: »
    Tuesday. Had an awesome weekend although totally bombed on the food because the only food offered was all deliciously deep fried (sausages,bacon, hashbrowns) and the eggs were laden in grease! The other meals were also tasty but fatty....so no amount of cross country skiing would burn off those delicious calories!!

Yes, I am an above the knee amputee and I can cross country STANDING!! Takes a whole lot of effort but I can do it!

JOYCE:; try not to stay on the Lyrica too long! It is bad for the liver, kidneys and brain cells. I use essential oils now for just about everything! If they don't work...then I use a bit of CBD oil.

I hate to tell you but if you were to eat everything but the hashbrowns you would be eating a keto diet and you would lose an awful lot of fat especially belly fat. You just named one of my favorite meals! Most people are under the misconception that fat is not good for you. However it has been proven that it is essential for brain health and lubricates joints and blood vessels! And it tastes great specially butter! Another thing, excess fat does not turn into fat like excess carbs do.

Mary from Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    I have been reading a book the past couple of weeks. It is called Lost Girls. I bought it because it is about three 28 year old women who decide to take a year long hiatus from their careers and travel to different places around the world. It is taking me a while to get through this as I get very frustrated with the predicaments that they get into (over and over). I love the chapters when something amazing and life changing is happening to them; but just want to shake the bejeezus out of them, when they do something totally juvenile (usually involving alcohol and/or men). Youth is wasted on the young. I would love to read a book about women in their 40's or older doing something like this. Heather- What books are you reading? I know you are reading running/marathon books. I need a inspirational/exercise motivational read. btw; now that you are a runner, I will put my favorite "race" book out there, again, in case you want to check it out (you should) Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall xoxoxo KJ
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    I have been reading a book the past couple of weeks. It is called Lost Girls. I bought it because it is about three 28 year old women who decide to take a year long hiatus from their careers and travel to different places around the world. It is taking me a while to get through this as I get very frustrated with the predicaments that they get into (over and over). I love the chapters when something amazing and life changing is happening to them; but just want to shake the bejeezus out of them, when they do something totally juvenile (usually involving alcohol and/or men). Youth is wasted on the young. I would love to read a book about women in their 40's or older doing something like this. Heather- What books are you reading? I know you are reading running/marathon books. I need a inspirational/exercise motivational read. btw; now that you are a runner, I will put my favorite "race" book out there, again, in case you want to check it out (you should) Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall xoxoxo KJ

I like Born to Run too.

Right now I am reading "Wild" by Jay Griffiths and I am listening to First Lady, about Winston Churchill's wife. Very interesting both of these books.

<3 Wendy
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Terry - I hope your DD feels better soon! You are a fantastic mom for being there for her.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Janetr, what a scrumptious little treasure! <3 Wendy
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So talented Janetr!!!
    Becca
  • Sunkist796
    Sunkist796 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    MARY from ARIZONA - so true but if your diet is not containing this much fat to begin with....my stomach was COMPLAINING big time! I understand about the fat and that it is good to have in your diet but this was a bit of an overload on my gut.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Janet ~ Love that egg. Just Beautiful!