WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Dana- you definitely have gone through a lot (((hugs))) I went through a similar situation with my sister. Have you thought of hiring a lawyer and demanding probate? My sister manipulated my mother and that was actually considered elderly abuse. If your mom had any form of dementia you could take your sister to court. Not sure you want to go that route but you might want to look into it. My sister is paying the piper for her choices right now.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Relaxing on the deck of our cabin. Drinking coffee. Listening to the magpies sing as they walk around and the Olympics on TV in the cabin.

We've cycled 80.7 km to get here and there was a lot of uphill today.

Warm muggy day but some cloud cover took the edge off.

One highlight today ... we stopped at a friend's place (someone I haven't seen for 3 or 4 years ) and I tried my hand at spinning ... like with a spinning wheel!

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,256 Member
    Options
    The trail in NZ is called Te Araroa. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Relaxing on the deck of our cabin. Drinking coffee. Listening to the magpies sing as they walk around and the Olympics on TV in the cabin.

We've cycled 80.7 km to get here and there was a lot of uphill today.

Warm muggy day but some cloud cover took the edge off.

One highlight today ... we stopped at a friend's place (someone I haven't seen for 3 or 4 years ) and I tried my hand at spinning ... like with a spinning wheel!

Machka in Oz

Distance: 80.74 km
    Elevation: 566 m
    Moving Time: 5:22:20
    Elapsed Time 7:44:58
    Speed: Avg: 15.0 km/h | Max: 27.7 km/h

We're using our touring bicycles with a bit of a load on these days. :)

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,256 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard back from the prospective purchasers yet. I think we are both playing chicken.
    We spoke to an estate agent in Hove this morning and the house we really fancied is under offer. Boo! :s

Otherwise we just wait.....and wait.....

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • beckyobryan153
    beckyobryan153 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Cold, wet day here so I think I'll make a pot of stew. DH got 3 deer during bow season so I have a full freezer. So venison stew it is.
    Allie- since we so close to each other, we should meet for coffee sometime soon.
    Terry- you might try soaking your feet in a tub of very warm water with a few drops of lavender oil. DH does that from time to time. He's on his feet all day and has pain often in his heels.
    Janetr- love your egg designs. Very pretty.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • beckyobryan153
    beckyobryan153 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lanette- Sorry to hear about DH's knee pain. Having an arthritic condition myself, I thought I'd share what I use since it has brought me much relief.Glucosamine sulfate 1000mg., Turmeric 800mg., and omega 3 fish oil 3600mg.(3 1200mg. capsules daily) If he uses these daily, he will probably notice results in about a week. This has really helped me.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Congrats! It's all working out finally!

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Lanette- Sorry to hear about DH's knee pain. Having an arthritic condition myself, I thought I'd share what I use since it has brought me much relief.Glucosamine sulfate 1000mg., Turmeric 800mg., and omega 3 fish oil 3600mg.(3 1200mg. capsules daily) If he uses these daily, he will probably notice results in about a week. This has really helped me.

Becky - thank you for those suggestions! I am a fan of vitamins and natural substances for pain and inflammation relief.

DH, on the other hand, has Rheumatoid Arthritis which actually is under control most times. He's had it for over 20 years and is on prednisone. When his knee flared up, I suggested the old rest, ice, compression (light Ace bandage). He said no way to anything other than putting a small pillow under his knee when he naps on the sofa.

He did rub some CBD cream on it - but I'm not sure if it helped or not. Other than a vitamin D3, he refuses to take any other supplements, rarely eats green vegetables, his favorite food is hot dogs which is what he prefers for lunch every single day and dinner if he doesn't like what I fix. He says it's something he can digest well. Ho hum, lol.

I get aggravated sometimes that his eating habits leave a lot to be desired, but overall admire his pain tolerance and stubborn spirit as he soldiers on. Former Marine and all that I think.

Heather
    - good luck on the house hunt! Can't wait to see what you find!

Rye and Karen in VA
    - thanks for sharing about your moms. While the end of my mom's life (dementia) wasn't what we kids would have wished for her, she was pleasant and gracious with her caregivers. I still ponder how her personality would change when my dad was around - he wasn't abusive, just very controlling.

On that note, time to take the puppy out so she can get covered with snowballs! Make it a great day, ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State