WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    I've been away for quite a while. I've gained 5 lbs. this past year. Doesn't sound like much but added to the year before it comes down to a total of 10 lbs gained. That puts me at a weight where my left knee is quite cranky. Must refocus and lose weight before the right knee joins in complaining.

I'm not even going to attempt to catch up on happenings here. I'll just start reading from this point. Anybody wants to be sure I know something either post it here or PM me.

Hugs,
    Mia still in MI

Mia It's so good to see you. It's too funny because I had just told my husband the other day that you hadn't been here for a while and that you must be busy with all you are doing. I always feel like Lisa and you are kindred spirits with me as we have all had bariatric surgery. <3<3<3

Janetr OKC

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,227 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »

Machka
    - that sun looks great - sounds like you had a good break! Back to the grindstone. Now that the Cherries are done, will your DH oversee a different crop like peaches? Apples?

My husband is the General Manager of a cherry orchard, so no other fruit. Some orchards have a variety of fruits but his just has a variety of cherries. :)

And once the cherries are harvested, the real work begins: maintenance on the equipment, netting, irrigation systems, etc. plus all the pruning, plus any tree replacements and sustainability work.

He and his second-in-command are fulltime employees on the orchard, and they've got a list a mile long of things they have to do to get the orchard ready for the next season.

One of the issues they are having is that the previous manager didn't do much with the orchard ... figured he could coast along doing next to nothing. That was one of the reasons he was let go and my husband was put into his position. So the orchard needs a lot of work to get it up to producing at the level it should.

Fortunately, however, much of the intensity is off now. For the next 6 or 7 months, he should have most weekends off and we might even get another holiday in later in the year. :)

One of the things he'd like to do with the orchard is to computerise a number of the systems. There is some framework for that in place, but the previous manager didn't want to have anything to do with it. So he might be attempting to set some of that up in the next few months as well. Interestingly, the course I'm taking right now is called e-Logistics which is all about what he'd like to do ... so I may be passing along some information to him!! :)

Machka in Oz
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    ☃️☃️
  • knjiuv
    knjiuv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello dear friends. It has been dry all day long the sun did try to show itself a bit today but not for very long.

This post is it going to be very long because I'm trying to watch the closing ceremonies of the Olympics and it's not working out typing and watching.

My sister is going to have a knee replacement and after that she said she might go on weight watchers. I'm going to try to encourage her to come to my fitness pal. Her husband already is on my fitness pal and uses it for his logging of his food and he's a diabetic and calories in calories out is just his daytime routine. I'm not really sure how I would feel about her being on the forum here with me because I talk about her sometimes. Plus she is the kind of person that her opinion is the right one and there is no other opinion and she is very opinionated on a lot of subjects. In spite of all of that I do love her very very much and I don't know what I would do without her.

Well the commercial is over so I guess I will sign off.

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    JaneQP wrote: »
    Happy to find this group! I just started using MFP on 2/20 although I signed up nearly 2 years ago.

:) Welcome to the best group of supportive friends you'll ever have. These women have supported and encouraged me on my journey. I hope you'll keep coming back, tell us more about yourself, and join in the conversation.
  • sdjm62
    sdjm62 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :):)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,522 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Joe asked for a salad lunch/dinner! Halelujah!!! Romaine, avocado, cucumbers, beets, radishes and auntiebk's full fat tuna and he ate it all!!! (happy dance) This is quite a step for Mr. Pig-for-breakfast-Cow-for-dinner. Guess the Dr.'s chat had its effect.

Sharon what do AISH and WCB mean? Are they related to the challenge of disability denial? Missing flowers?
    Machka Great tour pics! Then home to own bed best reward, that and the memories ;)
    Lisa Spreadsheets great way to channel cranky energy. Good for Corey and congrats on the all paid for new-to-you-car. That's SOME retail therapy!
    Kate "Live life and enjoy it" well said!
    Margaret Good for you for protecting your classroom. Third grade :noway:
    Barbie maybe Jake should find something else to do while you're vaccuming... ;) Either that or buy you a Roomba ;)
    NYKaren ah! Great minds ;)
    Heather Your running success is inspiring! Safe travels.
    Katla we got our last tape player at the thrift store... it works like a charm!
    Becca come bring your pinesol sock puppets and play! One bathroom for you and two men? :noway: Snowfall amounts was a real tea-snorter.
    Evelyn that sneaky sodium is evil!
    Rita great week of progress and WOW on the Water!
    Wendy glad you were there to safely shepherd the grandies inside. Scary!
    Joyce This might be one of those "less said..." times. Know you love your sister and want to encourage her to succeed, but let her do WW and keep mfp and us to yourself! Just my opinion, but we all need a safe place to vent... ;)

Welcome JaneQP!

Espiem, Machka's right, everything (especially depression) is better with exercise, but imho it has to be activity you like or it won't happen. Check in here often, these women are so wise and compassionate. Couragia and welcome.

Mindful hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,375 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Not much sleep. :( But I'm ready for the day.
    I will update you later.
    Much love and welcome to new people and Mia. :D
    Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    KJ - Meridia is also my favourite Disney Princess. She is a Warrior Princess for sure and I am partial to them.

Lady Laura - I loved the photo of your little Princesses.

Barbara - AISH stands for Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped. WCB - Workmen's Compensation Board. I was covered under WCB since my accident was at work also the reason I couldn't sure anyone.
    The missing flowers are some of the paintings that my daughter has done for me. She is borrowing them for her art show.

I loved all the photos of everyone's grands. Thanks Lisa, Heather and I know I am missing some. It's interesting to hear about everyone's plans and upcoming moves.

Hugs to all that are sorting out estates, etc.

Today we went to Jheri's because her Dad is the only one that could crimp the beads for hanging her art. All of the paintings had to be gallery wired. No one else could crimp the bead but Larry is freakishly strong. She also has to name each one and price the ones that will be available for sale. I love her painting called "Speak Freely" but it doesn't really fit in my house. It was interesting seeing how many she was taking for the curator to choose from and to know that there are more living on her walls. She is going to take some photos with her good camera so I will share from those.

Larry made stew in the Instant Pot. I appreciate the effort but there wasn't much taste. I don't dare suggest that he use a few more spices.

Taking my pain pills and CBD oil and it seems to have helped. I had my pity party and now it is time to get back on with life. I did a 15 minute guided meditation and read my bible. I hope that will help me get back to myself. I didn't get to my journaling - Maybe tomorrow?

Going to Alberta Works to see if they can give me any insight as to if it will be worth my time to apply for AISH and any help they can give in that direction.

Harmony has dance so pretty sure that I will be asked to drive her.

I tried to make conversation with my grandson but sometimes 15 yr. olds are tough. I got him laughing when I asked him if he thought I could win Miss America or if I should just enter the Tickle Time contest and he could be the one I tickled. I also reminded him that he was his own Super Hero. Super G arrive on the scene when Greysyn was about 2. He always dressed in green and his favourite saying was "Super G, off to save the World!" and then I saw his screen name for online gaming. You guessed it - Super G! I am so glad that he still exists although he is well camouflaged these days.

-Sharon in Alberta waiting for the snow to melt and flowers to bloom.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Goid Monday morning!
    I am sorry I have been neglectful this past year. I have no reasons why, just wasn't logging......
    I have missed my MFP family. I have been consistently logging this year and it shows. Btw, I was neglectful with my fitbit too.:( I have friended some newbies, so need to keep consistent.
    2016 saw me gain back my losses and spend it in the 130s. In 2017, I finally broke that plateau into the 120s, but was consistently in the upper. My goal for February was to get to 125 by end of month. That was 1 lb a week. I have .3 to lose by weigh in on Wednesday. I know those numbers seem like everyone's dream, but I am petite. I never got above 100 until I quit waitressing 20 years ago. My highest was 155. My body sits comfortably in thec130s with no effort, but still hurts hips and knees. I no longer wish to be under100. At 55, that is too thin. My goal is 110-115. My doctor said no lower than 18 bmi.
    I will be checking in more.

Joyce- i understand your dilemma with sister(?). I have a friend on MFP that I don't want in my group. She is nice enough, but she and her husband cause a lot of drama between me and mine. She is always looking for quick fix. I am supportive, but have not told her how to find groups.;) I limit what I post on Facebook since it always! Gets back to my husband who doesn't have fb. My other group is closed. While that is good for confidences and sharing, it means it is harder to add new peoples. I understand!
    Ladies, thank you for still being here! I will try to stay caught up.

Kylia from soggy and grey Ohio
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,101 Member
    Options
    :heart: