Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lisa, wow have they grown from the first pic I ever saw of them when they had come to visit you at the ranch in TX the little one was a baby. So cute.

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Evelyn - which do you think would be better when separating frozen food -- wax paper or parchment paper?

janetr - AWWWWWW

Loved all the pics.

Michele in sunny FL soon to be in NC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Michele, I've used waxed, parchment and plastic wrap for separating stuff and have found that if you use enough of it, any of them will work, but you can get away with fewer layers of parchment. I guess it's because the parchment is heavier. I do think I prefer using small freezer bags, easy to freeze and thaw, don't take up excess space and clean up from them is easy, just throw them out. Please don't jump on me in regards to the environment, I do reuse most plastic bags, just wash them out and away I go. However, if they have had raw meat in them, I just don't trust that I could get them cleaned properly and as I don't want to get food poisoning again (had it twice-that's once more than enough) out they go. But if I'm putting muffins or crackers or cheese into bags I will reuse them. Wow, that got real long real fast! Sorry!!
    Janetr, another idea for displaying your eggs could be actual egg cups. I have a few rock eggs and have them in egg cups, they look pretty good, I think. My dad found the cups at thrift stores so they weren't expensive. I did like the idea of the candleabra or tree so that several can be displayed on one thing. Something else along those lines might be one of those stands that jewelry is displayed on, I've seen some shaped like a hand, Might be able to find something like that at a thrift store also. Sounds like so much fun!
    Lisa, the grandkids are cuties!
    Must go, need some sleep tonite!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Barbie walking in hail... owwww!
    Becca you couldn't hate vacuuming more than I do :rage:
    Michele are you sad because your soon leaving FL?
    Janet Sleeping Beauty! Will Joaquin choose Olivia or Mia ? hmmmm
    Laura too bad your princesses are too old for joaquin :naughty:
    Terry yay for your tax refund! YAY!
    Lisa bittersweet to be leaving those cuties...

Welcome Susan in E Tn!

Took Tumble to dog group for first time. What a great bunch of people. Tumble was wildly barking >:)>:)>:) as we approached so one of the trainers worked with us and his dog. He was able to gradually desensitize her enough that he could walk her past his dog with no barking, almost calmly. Now for me to be able to do that! This group is just what we needed. Another blessing. :innocent:

Mindful hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.