WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did a yoga Burn DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the back of the clubhouse and do most of a 30 Minutes to fitness DVD. Then drive :(

Started putting things in the car, some of my water bottles, my coats. Cleaning day

Barbara - yes, I am sad that I'll be leaving FL. But I did mention to Vince that it was nice to have such an extended stay, that I'd like to do it again next year. We can leave after the Newcomer Board meeting in January and again get back before the February board meeting.

Went and got the paper. Looked for soda that Lynette likes but they've discontinued it

Lisa - congrats on the trade! May you have many wonderful years

Margaret - that is terrible about those kids! Good for you buying roses and not donuts, which is what I probably would have done.

Well, guess I should at least look at the paper and then start cleaning. Being so early in the day, I can't run the vacuum but I can start by putting the clothes in the wash and clean the mirrors and tabletops.

Michele
    who is counting -- one day to go
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    ⛄️⛄️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Becca, I hate vacuuming because when I was growing up, my vacuuming was never good enough to suit my mother. Recently I began running the vacuum again because Jake's back pain was making the job too hard for him. Now he watches me and comments about something I missed. I am probably not very careful or thorough but my attitude is that doing something is better than doing nothing.

:)Joyce, I recorded the figure skating gala but probably won't watch it until Tuesday when Jake goes to the movies by himself.

:)Margaret, thanks for the book recommendation

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Kate- if they have a gym I would use the dumbbells as a kettle bell if they don't have any. Otherwise if you are unable to do the work out what happens to me as I usually do a slight deload of either less swings or weight and work myself up to the place that I handed in the program. Which for you would be the fourth week. So for example start at 16 sets of seven swings which is week three of the program. If you need more information let me know! I hope you have a fantastic vacation!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Susan in E Tennessee: Welcome you sweet young thing! Losing excess pounds quickly is actually not a good thing for your health and wellbeing. The MFP system is slow and steady as you lose in a healthy way and learn how to manage your eating for long term stability. CICO = calories in vs calories out. It works. I burn calories taking yoga classes, riding stationary bikes at the gym, and horseback riding. We have walkers, bicyclists, swimmers & dancers among us, too. We even have some dedicated weight trainers. If you enjoy your exercise and make it a part of your regular routine, you are more likely to do it. Best advice: Stop by here often for support, exercise regularly, and count calories. :smiley:

Becca: It sounds like you got some great things at the food bank. Good for you! :bigsmile:

Janet: Mia is a cute little one. You can't have too many pictures like that. What a joy! :star:

Allie: We have always loved the Anne of Green Gables series with Megan Fellows, too. I have the whole thing on tape, but unfortunately don't have a tape player anymore. :grumble:

Heather: Happy house hunting! I hope you and your DH are able to find a place with enough space, good light, and in a good neighborhood. A pleasant view would be nice, too. :star::heart:

Barbara the Southern Oregon Coastie: Your dog group sounds wonderful. :smiley:

(((Sharon))): Sending hugs your way. You seem to have a workable plan & I hope your health improves. I can only imagine living with chronic pain & I hope you're able to get it resolved in the near future. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: You were absolutely right to not allow the out of control child into your classroom. The caregiver needs training! (Or replacing. I can't believe her or his poor judgment.) :grumble: Good for you, getting flowers to help cheer yourself up after that. :flowerforyou:

Machka in OZ: I love your photos, and summertime!!!! :heart:

Lisa: I like the description of your new car, too. It sounds like it is just right. :smiley:

I set my equipment to record Olympics and discovered that it had gone berserk and filled my recorder to the top, crowding out my regular programs. :grumble: I deleted all of the Olympics. I'm not quite sure how I managed to fill every bit of space, and glad I was able to resurrect my program list. Winter sports are not my area of interest. I really enjoyed the summer Olympics in Rio--horses, sailboats, swimmers, runners and cyclists all do things that I can do, myself, but at much lower level of skill. That makes them much more interesting to me.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Rye - My oldest grandson (24) lives in San Antonio. I've never been there. Your pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Barbie from beautiful NW Washington, I am quite relieved that vacuum haters are here too! It's the process, that I normally have to clean it out before I start! This involves removing the can, then the inner filter. I sometimes just wack it on the side of the trash metal bin out in the parking lot. Yesterday I was more considerate, and used a paper sack, and an old tooth brush! My husband said, "why don't you clean it when you're done"? Ummmm. What strange sorcery thinking is THAT?? Haha!

Have a great day ladies! I shall turn on the vacuum, and do the rest of the apartment. Hoping to hear from eldest son, middle son, and youngest one too! Hoping for a lot huh!!!? Just check in with yer Momma, come on!!!
    Becca
    Kinda needy in
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Grandbabies….Love, Love, Love the photo sharing!

Becca ~ Would you please come visit me with your socks and Pinesol? I really need you. LOL

Kelly ~ The jewelry is so pretty and looks like it would be a great seller.

NY Karen ~ Good luck on not gaining on your trip to Rome.

Lisa ~ Sounds like a good deal on the trade in.

Time to walk the Pom,
    Carol in GA

Carol.....Carol....see I'm a cleaner, and its a sock puppet!!!! Also the phrase "wringing your hands", takes on a whole real meaning! My husband came in as I was doing that, and he just shakes his head! Hey, when else can I just touch items, walls, and baseboards, and it has purpose! If I could I would (be knocking on your door with a muffled padded rap).
    Hugs friend!!
    Becca