What diet???

Options

Replies

• sammyj19902015
    sammyj19902015 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That’s me I wake up every morning with a new day then end up eating crap. Do you know what made the switch flick?? I’m desperately wanting to do it, I can get to the point that I look in the mirror and hate myself but the urge for food is too strong to stop myself from eating it
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    That’s me I wake up every morning with a new day then end up eating crap. Do you know what made the switch flick?? I’m desperately wanting to do it, I can get to the point that I look in the mirror and hate myself but the urge for food is too strong to stop myself from eating it

Have you logged any days at all? When you're eating "crap" are you actually going crazy overboard bingeing or do you have this all-or-nothing mindset that a lot of folk have where you think you can't eat a bag of crisps, eat a pizza and still lose weight.

Hating yourself is not a solution either, that's a really unhealthy way to look at it, you should be looking in the mirror and thinking you love yourself enough to improve your quality of life for yourself.
  • sammyj19902015
    Options
    Yeah I’ve logged for the last 3 weeks or so, missed some days as I went away for birthday weekend
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    So when you have logged honestly what is the damage, how does your day look?
  • sammyj19902015
    Options
    I’m typically within my calories some times over but not drastically... I’m staying the same weight atm but not losing however I’m still always under 2000 calories.. my allowance is 1200
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I’m typically within my calories some times over but not drastically... I’m staying the same weight atm but not losing however I’m still always under 2000 calories.. my allowance is 1200

What are your stats? They might have been posted earlier but I haven't read through all the pages.

• sammyj19902015
    Options
    What do u mean by stats?
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    (Sammy, I have added you. Will have a look at your diary if you accept.)

What made the switch flick? Nothing in particular. I was 31, exercising like mad for 2 months and didn't drop a single pound. In fact, I gained one. Down in the dumps, but remembered I'd taken a body shot before I started exercising, so decided to take another body shot. Despite being a pound heavier I looked better because my muscles were starting to get some definition. That paired with a family history of cardiovascular problems and knowing my blood pressure was elevated I decided that my health was more important than my mind's attempts at sabotaging my health.

My mind now values my health.

Don't get me wrong, December just didn't happen. Skipped a lot of days, practically no exercise. But I managed to only gain about 3-4lbs. And that's starting to come off again. You see, although I was bad, having spent April-November tracking has made me gain a level of control I never had before.

But most importantly: Take a bad day or bad month for what it is: A blip. It's nothing you can't recover from. And I think you are one of those people who puts themselves down for going off the wagon. So what? That's life. We all do it. Be kind to yourself, and continue again a few days later. Stop making a big deal out of a bad day. Birthday? Enjoy it. Christmas? All the trimmings, ta! Special occasion? Again, enjoy it. Life's too short not to.
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Age, height, weight, activity level.
  • sammyj19902015
    Options
    Height: 5ft 3in
    Weight: 13st 7lb
    Activity level: I’m a mum of a 7 month old so not really active but not lazy and I ride my horse 3/4 times a week
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Just eat. Lol
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    And please do look up Richie Howey on FB. (Team RH Fitness). Have a look at his videos. He supports the eat more to weigh less movement and cuts out all the bull poo.
  • sammyj19902015
    Options
    TBH I set my goal at 2lb about 3 years ago when I started this so mfp gave me 1200 calories and never even thought to change it so maybe I’ve self sabotaging all this time....
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options

For me it was developing an obesity-related complication that can't be reversed. Controlled (through weight loss and compression stockings), yes. Cured, no. I didn't want my life to be a leg swollen to 3x its normal size with a weeping wound that needed multiple courses of antibiotics—I now worry that too many flare-ups will inevitably lead to my building up immunities to them—and daily visits from home-care nurses to change the dressing.

Thankfully, it's been under control for months, now and I hope I don't have a flare-up anytime soon. But that's what made MY switch flick. Please, try to flick yours sooner!
  • sammyj19902015
    Options
    Edited and now on 1700 so we shall see how it goes thanks for your help guys
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    You’re welcome.

Now go and follow Richie Howey on FB. Watch some of his videos. Honestly, you’ll learn a lot. And from there start reading up on things he says yourself. Google macros, TDEE, weight training for fat loss, how you can’t spot target certain body parts, and when you get to grips with all of this more basic stuff head over to investigate micronutrients. You’ll learn so much.
  • rianneonamission
    Options
    Thrive products: overpriced pyramid scheme goods. Don’t buy them.