Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

CICO is overrated in my opinion

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    BDonjon wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    CICO is NOT a weight loss plan - it is a math formula that describes the relationship between calories taken in (CI) and calories expended (CO).

Semantics. The choice to use your knowledge of CICO for the end purpose of losing weight is a 'weight loss plan'.

its' not semantics- it's just a tool.

You use it to put on weight too. or maintain.

I'd postulate that it isn't even a "tool". It's an equation that can be used to derive various strategies to gain, lose or maintain weight by manipulating energy balance. Those strategies ("tools") can include the concepts of satiety/adherence, workout performance, macro and micronutrient manipulation to target overall nutrition and body composition, etc. - but they're not CICO itself. CICO is just the equation which allows those other things to work.

ehhh I could probably get by on that.

To me it's like a budget- a budget is a tool to help you to your long term goal. even though- it's pretty much the same thing. same thing with conversions for lengths- or currency's- it's just an equation- but the converter is the tool. So column A column B.

But at it's heart- yes- it's just an equation.