Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

CICO is overrated in my opinion

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Munchberry wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    CICO is NOT a weight loss plan - it is a math formula that describes the relationship between calories taken in (CI) and calories expended (CO).

Except with all things with the human body it is never quite as simple as it seems. I used to eye roll and tell people it was simple math. No more.

It is simple math. Working out what the numbers in that formula are for the individual takes a little experimentation because there are things that affect CI. But the formula stands.

Well, to be fair, for some people it's more complicated due to some people wringing more calories out of food than other people, but we're talking margins here, you know? CO is also a crap shoot on how efficient you are at exercise too.

Again, this is just margins, but it's also close enough is good enough but it's also sometimes masked by the dreaded water weight on the scale and people get frustrated because they don't know this.

I just noticed I put CI when I meant CO. And now it's way too late to correct and this will haunt me in five years.

message a Mod- they'll fix it for you.
  • russelljam08
    russelljam08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Genuinely curious OP - how do you think you lose fat if not via CICO?

Dr Fung the author of "The Obesity Code" claims that calories are not the problem nor the solution. He claims it's the amount of times you spike your insulin.

Yet, insulin cannot create energy from nothing or make ingested energy disappear. So it is all about the calories