Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Joods71
    Joods71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just joined. I'm 46 and have a long road ahead of me. I'm looking to lose over 100 pounds. This won't be easy, but I have four kids and I need to do this for all of us. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • alklim
    alklim Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    katelefor wrote: »
    How in the world do I add you guys as friends? Looking for a group that's in their late 30s,early 40s, wanting to loose 10 to 15 lbs

Click on the username, click on the username again, and then on the person icon. Welcome!

• staciabuchanan
    staciabuchanan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 a couple months ago. Need to lose 15 lbs. I’m trying to adjust to my slowing metabolism. I’m happy to hear advice.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Happy Thursday girls! I don't know why but I'm feeling revved up today! In reality it should be the opposite because shark week is due to hit today. Boo! It's not fair that women lose up to a week of weight loss per month due to it. Ugh...

Working for a couple hours then off to the gym for leg day and cardio. We got major heavy wet snow here last night. It's pretty but man, hard to shovel. Very happy to still have electricity. Mom doesn't though, so I may have a visitor later. Always happy to have her.

Food today...

1- iced protein coffee
    2- eggs, bacon, cheese, bran buds with milk
    3- rice and chicken
    4- fajita pasta
    5- protein cheesecake

Approx. 1300 cal, 130 protein
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Happy Thursday girls! I don't know why but I'm feeling revved up today! In reality it should be the opposite because shark week is due to hit today. Boo! It's not fair that women lose up to a week of weight loss per month due to it. Ugh...

Working for a couple hours then off to the gym for leg day and cardio. We got major heavy wet snow here last night. It's pretty but man, hard to shovel. Very happy to still have electricity. Mom doesn't though, so I may have a visitor later. Always happy to have her.

Food today...

1- iced protein coffee
    2- eggs, bacon, cheese, bran buds with milk
    3- rice and chicken
    4- fajita pasta
    5- protein cheesecake

Approx. 1300 cal, 130 protein

Shark Week! Lol!
    Do tell about the protein cheesecake. Can it be found in the recipies section?
  • melissa6771
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @myfitpal13

Protein cheesecake. I added 60 grams of chocolate chips. 201 cal, 24 protein. You can see full nutrition info in my diary. I baker it in an 8" springform pan. Cut into 6

https://theproteinchef.co/the-best-protein-cheesecake-recipe-135g-protein-11g-fat/

s3xapj4fqpad.jpg
    nxdlshhsxak4.jpg
    7eghxiah0dr2.jpg
  • melissa6771
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @angelacatheart

Skinnytaste chicken fajita pasta. You can see the nutrition info in my diary. I used 6 oz dry pasta for 4 servings. I also skipped the oil and used some Pam. 350 cal, 34 protein

https://www.skinnytaste.com/one-pot-chicken-fajita-pasta/

sw6c82pq59b4.jpg
    6orvlbubntm6.jpg
    wh8fvuw6ck39.jpg
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @melissa6771 O.M.G. that cheesecake looks SO good, as does the chicken pasta. I love trying new recipes, but too see pictures, is another bonus! Thanks, I'll be trying these out for sure! First up....cheesecake!
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Almost through another week. Getting my 5 miles in everyday (mostly done on the treadmill), tracking my meals, and staying as active and on track as I can.

It's noon here in Manitoba, so far today has consisted of:
    Coffee @ home
    Kellogg's cornflakes & 1/2 cup milk
    Turkey slice on a hot dog bun (who knew hot dog buns have less calories than bread? I love my bread!)
    and a quaker granola bar

I think it's a good night for Soup and a sandwich

I will stay on my 1500 calorie goal.

How do I know what I "should be" for a calorie goal?

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I read sendentary women in their 40s should consume 1800. But MFP will figure it out for you too based on your goals. I'm pretty good with staying in calorie range and am maintaining my weight. Now just to get the fat intake down! Because I would like to lose a few pounds. of course, it might help if I exercise. Right now that's 3K steps/day.

Found this calculator: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-many-calories-per-day
  • Joods71
    Joods71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for being such an inspiration to me. I joined the premium site and now can really see where I need to be with my goals. I did manage to meet my protein goals today and came in just 20 or so calories under my goal. I am planning on hitting the gym tomorrow morning after the kids get off to school. I am so motivated right now. Thanks again!
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    curious - is the premium mfp worth it?
  • MichaB73
    MichaB73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    curiousgp wrote: »
    curious - is the premium mfp worth it?[/quote

I like premium. No adds and I can set different Calorie goals each day. More struck in the week and a few hundred extra at weekends.
  • jenna762001
    jenna762001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    41 years old with 12-15 pounds I'd like to lose so I can fit into my summer clothes this season. Very active but slowed down a bit (run and wall w/ my pup, home strength training workouts) and still struggle with overeating. Not burning enough calories anymore to eat so much. And as a homemaker i spend too much time in the kitchen. :/ Came back to mfp this week to start logging and get serious. Only 4 days down, but so far so good!
  • getskinny1973
    getskinny1973 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1200 Calories is way to little for me to survive on. I have to do some sort of exercise every single day, just to earn enough calories for me to eat my dinner! lol
    But I guess that's a good motivation though.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've been having a big "woosh" on the scale the past 2 weeks. Last week was my scheduled deload training week, and this week I came down with a cold, so avoiding the gym until I'm over it, so workouts have mostly just been extended walks and some in-place things at my desk/standing desk. Appetite dropped a bit with the lack of workouts.

Weird how the wooshes happen though - while measurements and photos showed some real progress, the scale had barely budged in over 5 weeks. Now, suddenly, down 3-4 pounds in less than two weeks LOL.
  • 357girl
    357girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all, in my later 40's and looking to feel better as well as shed around 20 pounds. I'm on day 13 of Keto and was down 7.5 pounds in the first week. I feel pretty good, no keto flu symptoms at all. I just started exercising again this week and am excited about this new beginning. Best of luck to all and feel free to add me! (I have to figure out how to do that... :smile: )
  • melissa6771
    Options
    @HoneyBadger155 awesome! Love whooshes, I had one last week after a couple weeks too! You're doing what you can, always listen to your body.

@357girl welcome to the group. Personally, I don't do keto so I would t be much help there. Good for you getting back to exercising. Always feels good.

@jenna762001 you've found a good group. 4 days is 4 days, every day matters! I am Always in the kitchen! It's my favorite place. I'm the foodie, love sharing food pics and recipes.

As for premium and setting different calorie goals by day. I just use my weekly average. When you go to nutrition, you can choose day view or week view. I have it set so my week starts on mondays. Sunday is my weigh in morning and higher calorie day. I use my exercise calories on Sundays to eat what I want and enjoy myself. Just my preference. Helps me psychologically to have a free day, which I still track. I never feel deprived. When I crave something, I always know I can eat it Sunday. I think this is one of the keys to my success. Nothing is off limits for more than a few days. And if I really really want it during the week, I have it.

• jorsdom
    jorsdom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all! I am struggling today! All week I have been so tired and brain muddled, I get so frustrated with muddle brain!! I just feel drained and can not drag my butt off the couch! I have been fighting a sore throat, but I suspect it is more than that.
    I have been eating so well for several weeks, am hitting my carb, fat and protein targets, taking my vitamin d, even have been eating extra iron rich foods, nothing seems to be helping. I have been trying a gluten free diet to see if that would help with some health issues, not sure if that is causing it?
    I would love for this to go away! I was feeling so awesome!!! And I have some brain work to do! Boo! I need to do my taxes!! Lol
  • jenna762001
    jenna762001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @angelacatheart
    Yup, boredom is huge for me too. I do so much better in the warm months when I'm out and about, winter just brings ya down and eating is rather enjoyable...
    And if food is in front of me, or in the general vicinity, it takes great restraint not to just eat it. One does not have to be hungry to eat! lol
    Logging is helpful, but i can get obsessive about it and that isnt really healthy either i think.
    I run and workout to counteract overeatting. I use to be a marathon/ ultra runner. It was a solid plan and then i had teenagers and they need so much of my time and energy... so i still eat too much, but am not burning nearly enough calories. Trying to get more active again, and reign in the eatting so i can fibd a happy middle.