How do you date in 2018?

Options
12346»

Replies

• buggsby83
    buggsby83 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Please please please don't feel pressured to sleep with people you feel no connection with. There's absolutely nothing wrong with casual hook ups (in my opinion) but for them to work both people need to be super into it and okay with it. A lot of times someone might go along with having sex with someone cuz they think it's what they "should" be doing and believe me: It's not! Even though the social norms have changed you do NOT need to hook up with people right off the bat just to meet a decent person and have a relationship.

Dating is vastly different nowadays but also the same. It's just a bunch of people looking around for someone they click with. You'll find someone you click with too, don't worry. <3
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Start out as friends, tell them really weird and random stuff, and if they are still around ask them out and then soon it’s a white wedding with Vegan, gluten free cake, surrounded by all your friends you stopped talking to five years ago, inside a large estate in wine country but there’s no wine because your stepmom is a recovering alcoholic and it turns out your pregnant, too
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Start out as friends, tell them really weird and random stuff, and if they are still around ask them out and then soon it’s a white wedding with Vegan, gluten free cake, surrounded by all your friends you stopped talking to five years ago, inside a large estate in wine country but there’s no wine because your stepmom is a recovering alcoholic and it turns out your pregnant, too

So you were at my shot gun wedding :/
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I genuinely have zero clue!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I have no idea lol.. leave it to chance and have it feel authentic and real... but I have friends who have had great success on dating sites..
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have no idea lol.. leave it to chance and have it feel authentic and real... but I have friends who have had great success on dating sites..

Actually you've an idea!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Online.

I've dated guys I've hooked up with. I've hooked up with men I've never seen again. But for the most part, I use apps for dating.

Also, in reference to him saying it seemed like you were interviewing him. There's a way to converse and ask questions. I've had to tell men to stop interrogating me. Asking a question, then taking a moment to relate to the answer or ask another question about it is cool. Question after question. No. Especially if it's small talk. Gross.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I did a little online dating, it sucks. I’m moving overseas for two years in a couple months so I give up for now. Long distance is a waste of my time.