Suits

Options

Replies

• MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Check out this young man. Future member of Parliament. What do you think of his ensemble? Seems pretty conservative, but flattering. Love the choice of shoes - compliments both the suit and his hair. My only complaint is the photo makes it look like his right hand is deformed.

2_27_6.jpg
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    MistressPi wrote: »
    Check out this young man. Future member of Parliament. What do you think of his ensemble? Seems pretty conservative, but flattering. Love the choice of shoes - compliments both the suit and his hair. My only complaint is the photo makes it look like his right hand is deformed.

2_27_6.jpg

Now I can't unsee the hand. Thanks for that. :ohwell:

Boys of that age are notoriously hard to fit. From 10-14ish depending on growth cycles, they are heavily skewed to bring all legs - after that their upper bodies catch up. The button on the jacket is waaaaay high as a result.

Other than that, he looks sharp, and I agree that the blue with brown color grouping is a good one.

@MistressPi

Wait, so if wearing navy blue, brown shoes are first choice?
    ETA: Not black shoes?
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »

2_27_6.jpg

Boys of that age are notoriously hard to fit. From 10-14ish depending on growth cycles, they are heavily skewed to bring all legs - after that their upper bodies catch up. The button on the jacket is waaaaay high as a result.

Other than that, he looks sharp, and I agree that the blue with brown color grouping is a good one.

@MistressPi

Either works with navy. Brown shoes are far more versatile across a wardrobe, and often look better than black. I rarely wear black dress shoes and only own one pair.

I agree. Especially with Navy, brown over black.
  • orangegato
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Either works with navy. Brown shoes are far more versatile across a wardrobe, and often look better than black. I rarely wear black dress shoes and only own one pair.

Damn. OK I will try this
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Damn. OK I will try this

To add to this I do find the cut and style of the suit and the shoe make an impact on what colours work best as well...
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sweet fancy moses, this is a pretty sweet thread.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Damn. OK I will try this

You're a man ? :o
  • orangegato
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Damn. OK I will try this

Come on Jo, yeah I'm a guy
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Damn. OK I will try this

Honestly, I did not know :laugh:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Damn. OK I will try this

There's so many funny things to say here. I'm just gonna laugh instead. :bigsmile:

Shushhhh you :rage:
  • orangegato
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Damn. OK I will try this

yeah I do not post selfies. I dislike how I looked before and still do. Too many hot people on here. Very inspiring though.....
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Damn. OK I will try this

yeah I do not post selfies. I dislike how I looked before and still do. Too many hot people on here. Very inspiring though.....

Your pp could be either.. idk why I picked female :blush: sorry.
  • orangegato
    Options

2_27_6.jpg

@MistressPi

Damn. OK I will try this

Your pp could be either.. idk why I picked female :blush: sorry.

It's ok haha probably b/c of the cat in the user name. I have/inherited 3 orange cats and was not creative w/ my user name, so here's that. PP is the University of Miami symbol, the "U." I am loyal to my alma mater.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Domo arigato, mister orangegato :flowerforyou:

https://youtu.be/uc6f_2nPSX8

ROFL and to think this was a hiit.

Snazzy lavender jumpsuit.

At 2:20:
    I’m not a hero!
    I’m not the Savior!
    Forget what you know.

I’m just a man
    whose circumstances
    went beyond his control.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited March 2018
    Options
    uq7nnrim11cc.jpg
    fdqeiegwrppr.jpeg

Blue sharkskin, small micro check shirt with blue, green, and purple in it. It's a shirt that can be worn with many suits.

Not a fan of the flowery pocket thingy panties..
    The rest is alright though.. do you normally do checks ( lines) and then add flowers?
    Serious answer please..
  • slimgirljo15
    edited March 2018
    Options
    uq7nnrim11cc.jpg
    fdqeiegwrppr.jpeg

Blue sharkskin, small micro check shirt with blue, green, and purple in it. It's a shirt that can be worn with many suits.

The rest is alright though.. do you normally do checks ( lines) and then add flowers?
    Serious answer please..

Nope. About 25% of my squares are floral. I could easily swap that for plain white cotton with a colored edge.

Yeah theres just something about flowers and stripes I think clashes .. I like the idea of white with coloured edge. My son is going to a very formal wedding next month. I actually have picked up some tips for him.. Thanks
    This has been the closest to a suit I could get him in.. Id appreciate some advice on something a young man might find trendy.
    h6kczcbync7d.png
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    uq7nnrim11cc.jpg
    fdqeiegwrppr.jpeg

I like this look! Very sharp looking!
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    uq7nnrim11cc.jpg
    fdqeiegwrppr.jpeg

Serious answer please..

Nope. About 25% of my squares are floral. I could easily swap that for plain white cotton with a colored edge.

Yeah theres just something about flowers and stripes I think clashes .. I like the idea of white with coloured edge. My son is going to a very formal wedding next month. I actually have picked up some tips for him.. Thanks
    This has been the closest to a suit I could get him in.. Id appreciate some advice on something a young man might find trendy.
    h6kczcbync7d.png

I'll disagree, but that's surely not unexpected between us. :laugh:

For a very formal wedding, he likely does need to be in a suit, and maybe more depending on the level of formality. Check with whomever is in charge to see. Biggest thing is whether he's in the wedding party or not. If he's not one of the groomsmen, the only real question is to avoid looking like he is one. Ask what colors the wedding party will be wearing, and avoid those colors.

Generally weddings are pretty easy, there's lots of info online, but traditions do vary from place to place. Since I'm no expert on Australian weddings, I can't say. American tradition would dictate spring attire in April, like a light gray suit with light blue shirt, simple navy tie. If it's an outdoor wedding, sunglasses would also be appropriate - not sport sunglasses though. Better a pair of aviators.

The key to dress at a wedding is too not bring focus to yourself (that belongs to the bride and groom) and be dressed appropriately. As long as he's hitting those criteria, he'll be fine.

I'm also not any authority on trendy. I simply don't care about what's in right now. Menswear is fairly timeless anyway, and that's what I know. :ohwell:

Lol.. I don't mind you being wrong :laugh:

He's not in the wedding party and I do know the wedding suits are a dark bluey grey .. It's autumn but the light grey sounds good and I think the blues would suit him. Im having trouble convincing him that suits arent just for "old foggies" his words lol. He's promised to wear whatever I pick, which is good as his Idea of a cool suit was similar to that bright greeny one earlier..
    Funny you mentioned the glasses , the one thing he was digging his heels in about was his aviators, I said no.. I guess they might be ok then.
    Thanks.. in this one area I concede your superiority :laugh:
    Oh btw I think our weddings are pretty much the same as yours.. it's just this one is extra swish and he's allowing me to dress him, of course my paying for it all maybe the reason
    :neutral:
    Thanks..
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Methinks wife doesn’t give enough validation at home.

Good thing that what youthinks is immaterial. Immaterial, get it? :laugh:

lor2r8xgjo5a.jpg

Immaterial, Coral!

Isnt his name carl?

And I loved your joke.