Suits

Options

Replies

• Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

What about a woman in a suit? I really like these.... I'm considering buying one or two for my wardrobe...

sfl0iaocgie4.jpg
    5i2u7bgbjbzi.jpg

@TeacupsAndToning loves pant suits for women, ask her!

She hasn't yet asked but I would 100% buy both of those - although I think I could only get away with wearing the red one to work

I think you'd look fantastic in either one... I agree the first is not workplace appropriate but possibly suitable for a night out on the town at a cool jazz club... whiskey neat in hand :)
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    0psvdqao25yh.jpg
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    0psvdqao25yh.jpg

He looks like he means business. Like. What the well-dressed hitman wears to the office.
  • MistressPi
    Options
    MistressPi wrote: »
    In honor of St. Patrick's Day:

Ladies, would YOU wear this suit?

DA_G4402_EMD_1373557399.jpg

Absolutely I would

I think the skirt is cute. I like the princess seams and darts in the jacket. Its design is a little Star-Trekkie, but it's fun.
  • MistressPi
    Options
    More green:

fd9dfb8c53408e1e7a18cba1d005a620.jpg

Tasty.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2018
    Options
    In honor of St. Patrick's Day:

Ladies, would YOU wear this suit?

DA_G4402_EMD_1373557399.jpg

Shame St. Patrick's Day fell on the weekend. I have a friend who would rock this but with flashier shoes. Me? I'd look like a clown. :tongue:

Edit - and the skirt is a bit long for my taste.
    Options
    More green:

Tasty.

I'm actually on the lookout found something similar. I've found this, but it's jacket only and really more of a 3 season jacket.

253hyj85sp1u.jpg

Personally I am not a fan of the green he is wearing, Luet, your pick in the twead material works much better if you're going for that colour imo
  • MistressPi
    Options
    I'm on the fence as to whether I'd wear this or not. Seemed like a good idea last night, after a few shots of Jameson... it pretty much screams "look at ME!" -- maybe if you knew everyone else was going to be wearing outfits clamoring for attention... I really like the jacket, but the skirt looks difficult to walk in.

DA_G6782_BRN_1515602943_img_name.jpg
    Options
    More green:

Tasty.

I'm actually on the lookout found something similar. I've found this, but it's jacket only and really more of a 3 season jacket.

253hyj85sp1u.jpg

Personally I am not a fan of the green he is wearing, Luet, your pick in the twead material works much better if you're going for that colour imo

Green can be a pretty overpowering color generally, it's not one that we are used to seeing in that quantity. Maybe I'll do the jacket only when it goes on closeout. It's linen, so it's really a lightweight, summer oriented jacket.

I agree. Jacket only...
    Options
    I'm on the fence as to whether I'd wear this or not. Seemed like a good idea last night, after a few shots of Jameson... it pretty much screams "look at ME!" -- maybe if you knew everyone else was going to be wearing outfits clamoring for attention... I really like the jacket, but the skirt looks difficult to walk in.

DA_G6782_BRN_1515602943_img_name.jpg

I'm not at all sure what I'm looking at.
  • MistressPi
    Options
    I have low white pumps which have gotten a lot of wear. :) They're conservative and comfortable. They're good with a black ensemble that has white details, but they're neutral and can be worn with lots of stuff. I don't especially like the ones in the photo.

I got sucked into this site while searching for green suits.

Not Just Churchsuits

Ladies who dress to go to church - I knew about this custom, but only from movies. I'm not a churchgoer. Nevertheless, I started really getting into the offerings here. If you look under the "Church Suits" category, you will see a lot of delicious ensembles, including this one. I could wear the hell outta that suit. You don't need any accessories, except very plain earrings and a plain black clutch purse. I love how the outer stripes on the skirt make a more slender silhouette. A fool the eye thing. And the asymmetrical design of the jacket, with its snakes of gold and orange ombre, very nice.

DA_G5542__1437069203_img_name.jpg

They also have a lot of dresses suitable for dancing. I just wish that some of them were made out of materials that are NOT shiny. I'm an entertainer, so I wear stuff like this all the time. Well, not usually with a matching hat. But I like them. Go big or go home.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    More green:

Tasty.

I like the cut of this suit and don't mind the green on him. I like this navy blue women's. It has a fluted skirt and a cropped jacket.

30-2.jpg?format=jpeg&auto=webp&quality=85&width=1673&height=1918&fit=bounds
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    FWIW - hard pass on the shiny women's suits. The wide leg red(?) suit from a couple pages back was super cute.