Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    How does one find a good tailor?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Cool post. I'm getting fit so I can buy myself a nice suit.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This thread is too quiet and needs a bump. @leut_underpants for commentary.

image.jpg

adam-rippon.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

oscars-2018-armie-hammer.jpg
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This thread is too quiet and needs a bump. @leut_underpants for commentary.

image.jpg

adam-rippon.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

oscars-2018-armie-hammer.jpg

don't like any of these! The first one doesn't fit properly-- too tight; the second looks like bondage wear. Dude, buy some socks! The third just makes me laugh. It does make him stand out, though...

• MistressPi
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    karsei01 wrote: »
    nordjy8zdha9.jpg
    By demand...

This is a great picture of you!

I agree, awesome portrait!

• MistressPi
    Options
    Would you wear this suit? The style is fine, but... the color! I would have a hard time keeping a straight face if someone walked into the room wearing it...

IMG_0349-Edit_1024x1024.jpg?v=1516050515

even the model looks disgruntled ... or maybe it's because they cut off his feet?
  • MistressPi
    Options
    Danw586 wrote: »
    3q7lndjgmvhq.jpg

looking goooood.

• jascinthe64
    jascinthe64 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    075id3s0v6z5.jpg
    I am shopping for a good suit for my son. He is 6'5" and looks great in clothes. I will go with the advice to go middle of the road for his first well made suit.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    hu4vvq9n84ex.jpg
    8jl65r25ffko.jpg

Still super dig charcoals.

The first one is great.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Mr_L33 wrote: »
    MistressPi wrote: »
    Would you wear this suit? The style is fine, but... the color! I would have a hard time keeping a straight face if someone walked into the room wearing it...

IMG_0349-Edit_1024x1024.jpg?v=1516050515

even the model looks disgruntled ... or maybe it's because they cut off his feet?
    my favorite color...but no. maybe for halloween lol.

What would you go as? A glow stick?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing "sluts" instead of "suits" when I scroll through the topics

:laugh:
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    7epjsuzoyng5.jpg
    ofskyt2cot7d.jpg
    w1klcytyvac6.jpg
    gelzmvusvnl1.jpg

Obligatory paging of @Avocado_AS5 :bigsmile:

As much as I dislike showing my face, I'm gonna do it here.

Same suit, used to illustrate what choices do. First is made up in "typical American businessman fashion", white shirt, bright tie that matches a little too well with the blue check in the suit, plain white pocket square. It looks fine, nice even. Some of you may prefer it over what I'm about to do.

Second has just a couple of tweaks. It's basically the same, but with some pattern in the shirt (still white based) to draw the eye away from the boldness in the suit. The tie choice is much less matchy matchy but still compliments the blue check. Pocket square is changed from white to a muted floral pattern on a gray-blue base...instead of a bright tie that turns into a focal point, the brightness is spread across the shirt and pocket square.

Net result is that I believe it brings the focus to my face, rather than to the tie. Love it or don't, that is really where the focus should be, in my opinion. Not my tie or my suit, but me.

And then there's why we do this.

eedl2k48io30.jpeg

I like this suit. I would wear that for sure.... and that last pic is sweet :smile:
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    7epjsuzoyng5.jpg
    ofskyt2cot7d.jpg
    w1klcytyvac6.jpg
    gelzmvusvnl1.jpg

Same suit, used to illustrate what choices do. First is made up in "typical American businessman fashion", white shirt, bright tie that matches a little too well with the blue check in the suit, plain white pocket square. It looks fine, nice even. Some of you may prefer it over what I'm about to do.

Second has just a couple of tweaks. It's basically the same, but with some pattern in the shirt (still white based) to draw the eye away from the boldness in the suit. The tie choice is much less matchy matchy but still compliments the blue check. Pocket square is changed from white to a muted floral pattern on a gray-blue base...instead of a bright tie that turns into a focal point, the brightness is spread across the shirt and pocket square.

Net result is that I believe it brings the focus to my face, rather than to the tie. Love it or don't, that is really where the focus should be, in my opinion. Not my tie or my suit, but me.

eedl2k48io30.jpeg

LOVE the pic with L! :heart:
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I suppose I should have paged @sugaraddict4321 as well, as there was much wailing.

Thanks for the tag. :) I like your explanation. The first pic is what I'm most accustomed to seeing - white shirt and bright tie, with tie and square matching. I wouldn't automatically pick out the second, simply because of the differing patterns...but it works! Especially on you, the pattern looks much less stark than the sharp white, and it "suits" you. ;)

How do you choose your shirts, ties and squares? Do you buy them at the same time?

Also any suggestions for dealing with a man that will NOT wear patterns of any kind for the shirt - it's solids only for Mr. Sugar, which limits my shopping fun substantially. Patterns in ties or squares are fine. :)

This is a great thread!
  • MistressPi
    Options
    7epjsuzoyng5.jpg
    ofskyt2cot7d.jpg
    w1klcytyvac6.jpg
    gelzmvusvnl1.jpg

eedl2k48io30.jpeg

You got that right. Love it when a man dresses up. They just look so yum. I agree with your philosophy - I much prefer combo #2. You look sharp.