What does your breakfast consist of?

Options

Replies

• RachellaJ
    RachellaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lately it’s been 2 scrambled eggs and a toasted english muffin. If I’m extra hungry I’ll add half a banana with peanut butter. Sometimes I eat leftovers from dinner the night before, especially if I have an active day planned. When the weather is warm, I’ll often have plain yogurt with pineapple and honey or an apple with peanut butter. Smoothies are nice for a warm summer morning. I like mine with plain yogurt, frozen blueberries (instead of ice), pineapple, spinach (can’t taste it at all) and banana.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    Mines been the same every morning for the past couple months at least.. But I love it sooo!! In a bowl: one scoop of 'on' vanilla whey and one tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder all mixed with maybe six oz water, and I put one serving of cooked steel cut oats in this...mmmm so good. Sometimes I add a banana but I try to save my calories for night time munchies. And of course coffee.. With milk

Hmmm...I'm gonna try this!

It's really good!!! And keeps me full for a few hours usually:)
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    At the moment 2 eggs and a chicken sausage in a wrap. I'd love to eat turkey bacon but I'm yet to find any in New Zealand.

Sometimes I eat just toast though, or protein pancakes.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    - bowl of cereal (Mesa Sunrise flakes)
    - bowl of rice porridge w/ maple syrup
    - smoothie

I space it out over 2 hours.
  • meggymf
    meggymf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depends what you intend to do next with your day? For me, I often go to the gym and do my workout about 2 hours after getting up/cooking breakfast so, as much as it's not breakfasty I go in with a protein source (2 eggs, or some poached fish etc) with LOADS of veggies (asparagus, spinach, peppers and mushrooms is always a go to on egg days) and then a small carb such as half a bagel or pitta bread or even small amounts of left over potato from the night before. If you were going to go with a desk job for the next 4 hours you're more than likely going to want a different balance of foods, e.g. Low fat protein yoghurt, a handful of fruit etc
    You could even cut your portion to one oat meal by swapping milk/water with egg white for cooking as you'll stay fuller with more protein
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Almost always my same old protein bar (one of two flavors) and a cheese stick. About 250 calories and 21 grams of protein plus 7 grams of fiber in total. I drink water or hot tea with it, depending on the season. It keeps me satisfied for hours and it's one of the few meals I can eat right before a workout and not feel queasy. It's easy so I don't have to think in the morning. Just grab and go. I'm not the type to get bored by routines, so that's never a problem.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    8us7eb9cz98p.png

If I don't have this then i'll do just regular protein shake with frozen fruit, I also like Spinach and Feta egg cups or banana oat and blackberry muffins.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus, spinach, peppers) and egg casserole topped with shredded chicken, kimchi and salsa.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I think I need more kimchi in my breakfasts.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    roxskow wrote: »
    sarahjen92 wrote: »
    Coffee with stevia, creamer or half & half, and baileys.

you start your day with alcohol regularly???

There's a non alcoholic Baileys creamer. (My grandmother used to use it, and the first time she mentioned it I was surprised until I figured it out.)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    8am : Some kind of tea no milk no sugar
    9-11am: somewhere in there either salad... or yogurt n a granola bar... or fruit
    12:30-1:30pm can of soup... sometimes another salad
    2:30-3:30: basically the same as (9-11am)
    ... I just snack all day
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Today was a serving of last nights supper ... a roasted chicken drumstick and roasted yams/onions.
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Premiere protein shake, or veggie omlette with vegan sausage and fruit...
  • donutsnonuts
    donutsnonuts Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    -Overnight Oats + blueberries + hm nutty granola
    -Wheet bix (1.5) with chia and banana no sugar and cold almond milk.
    -Egg on one slice of buttered light rye, one rash of bacon, grilled tomatoe and sometimes mushroom topped with fresh parsley.
    -Toasted light rye (one slice) topped with tomato and onion savoury tinned tuna.
    -Leftovers topped with an egg.
    And I'll have a stained *milk coffee sometimes with a bit of sugar; sometimes with out.
  • roxskow
    roxskow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    roxskow wrote: »
    sarahjen92 wrote: »
    Coffee with stevia, creamer or half & half, and baileys.

you start your day with alcohol regularly???

There's a non alcoholic Baileys creamer. (My grandmother used to use it, and the first time she mentioned it I was surprised until I figured it out.)

Thank goodness!! Haha!
  • orkla
    orkla Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Depends on my work schedule. When I work early, I wait until lunch at some time between 10-12 when I usually have porridge. When I don't work early I usually go for a two egg omelet with 5 ml of oil and whatever veggies I have on hand.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Egg sandwich, a glass of milk.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    one serving of Irish Oats with 1/2 banana cut up, two hard boiled eggs
  • dampsocks
    dampsocks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    75gr steel cut oats, 278kcal
    100ml of soy milk, 33kcal
    100ml of light greek yogurt, 40kcal
    100gr berries or fruits, about 50kcal
    10gr of nuts or something equally fatty and tasty, about 90 kcal

The total calorific content is always about 490-520kcal depending on the nuts and fruits. It's been my standard breakfast for years. Sometimes I add a boiled egg or some type of lean meat like chicken if I'm extra hungry.