14 lbs13 Inches lost in 4 weeks by ZumbaProgress Pics!

Options

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    While you absolutely lost quite a bit of weight (albeit through extreme means), it's tough to get a real feel for it with your pictures. Not to be crass, but the drastic differences in your undergarments are making a true comparison challenging. I would love to be able to see a side by side with the same clothing from your first picture.

I'm glad you said it first. lol It immediately looked to me like she was wearing a support garment of some kind in the after photos. Something's not natural about the shape and proportions.

So, are you this rude in person or are you allowed to say these things because its the internet? You'd actually tell someone to their face "something's not natural about your shape and proportions"? If not, why is it okay for you to do so on a site that is here for weight loss help and support?? WTF, lady?

Nitpick but this is a site for fitness. While there is a support area this isn't a support site.

Also I, for one, am this rude in person.

Me too. If someone came up to me and said "look! I lost 4-5 inches off of my waist in a week because ZUMBA!", when it's taken me a year and losing 75 lbs to lose 10 inches from my waist, and the person appears to be wearing a support undergarment, I'd sure as heck ask. Maybe I'd be wrong and they really did lose 4-5 inches off of their waist in a week, and having only lost a few lbs, but I'd certainly ask.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    thumper-bambi_www-txt2pic-com.jpg

so why post at all then?
    Because you're promoting a very low calorie diet. 1200 calories a day, 90 minutes of exercise 6 days a week, and not eating back exercise calories. What were you netting in calories? Maybe 450-500 a day? THAT is not a healthy way to lose weight. You need to fuel your body. And possibly seek professional help if you're so obsessed with losing the weight that you are willing do it in an unhealthy fashion and possibly cause harm to your internal organs.

Good luck.

Ok first of all Im not promoting a low calorie Diet. I am promoting doing zumba and yoga, which has proven results. I am under the care of a nutritionist and a doctor for an underlying medical condition i have that has nothing to do with disorders. I have PCOS and my nutritionist has informed me not to eat back my calories for the first 6 week of my diet and to work out like this for 6 weeks. In my previous posts and my profile I publicly announce this.

I am beating my own Syndrome and to me thats progress and I dont give a hell what you have to say about it. I think i would trust my doctor and my nutritionist over anything that you have to say to me.

People will ultimately do whats right for their body, and this from health professionals is the way for me.
    Obviously you do care what I have to say since you got your panties in a bunch over my post :flowerforyou:

I'm glad you've been advised by two medical professionals to do something unhealthy. Just remember, 50% of doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class.

Will you take your own advice and stop talking, please?
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Will you take your own advice and stop talking, please?
    when exactly did I advise anyone to stop talking?

ETA technically this is the internet and no one is talking since no videos are in this thread. there is typing, though. maybe you meant that? :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    While you absolutely lost quite a bit of weight (albeit through extreme means), it's tough to get a real feel for it with your pictures. Not to be crass, but the drastic differences in your undergarments are making a true comparison challenging. I would love to be able to see a side by side with the same clothing from your first picture.

I'm glad you said it first. lol It immediately looked to me like she was wearing a support garment of some kind in the after photos. Something's not natural about the shape and proportions.

So, are you this rude in person or are you allowed to say these things because its the internet? You'd actually tell someone to their face "something's not natural about your shape and proportions"? If not, why is it okay for you to do so on a site that is here for weight loss help and support?? WTF, lady?

Nitpick but this is a site for fitness. While there is a support area this isn't a support site.

:flowerforyou: because I like you

Even though I'm rude? Thank you.

:smooched:
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Holy **** balls, people. You know what this section is called 'SUCCESS STORIES'. She's posting this so that people can see her success. Sometimes, people like to share their accomplishments. I know, such a surprise. That being said, everyone's bodies and situations are different. Without knowing everything about a person, you can't say what is particularly right (or not) for them. I'm not really sure why people feel like others need to disclose every single piece of information about themselves when posting something. For gods sake, it's not like she's posting in the fitness section or that she's recommending a diet. She posted her pictures, said that she's done Yoga and Zumba, and BAM, that's it.

People need to get off her freaking case. She's not promoting anything other than exercise, and GOD FORBID that.
    I guess you missed all the posts where she said she was eating 1200 calories and not eating back her exercise calories. If the OP is going to make those kind of remarks, and is on a special diet, OP has deceptively allowed people to believe that only zumba and yoga yielded such results, when in all actuality it was the severe calorie deficit. And in not disclosing those things, has possibly let too many people believe that this is a good way to lose weight without the advice of a medical professional :flowerforyou:

No, I read all of that. The OP wasn't deceptive about anything. Zumba and Yoga has helped with her success. It may not be the entire reason, but there is never only 1 reason for success. I'm not particularly sure why you decided to take up the 'good fight' of bashing someone who simply wanted to share her results, but you don't really come across as someone who is doing it for all the innocent people looking for a quick fix. People HAVE the resources out there to get the correct answers to weight loss. If they decide to look at one thread and go 'This is the only way to lose weight!', then that's entirely on them, and not the OP.
    Considering that she's already said, multiple times, that this is all with the consult of a medical professional... I'm not really sure why an issue still exists.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Holy **** balls, people. You know what this section is called 'SUCCESS STORIES'. She's posting this so that people can see her success. Sometimes, people like to share their accomplishments. I know, such a surprise. That being said, everyone's bodies and situations are different. Without knowing everything about a person, you can't say what is particularly right (or not) for them. I'm not really sure why people feel like others need to disclose every single piece of information about themselves when posting something. For gods sake, it's not like she's posting in the fitness section or that she's recommending a diet. She posted her pictures, said that she's done Yoga and Zumba, and BAM, that's it.

People need to get off her freaking case. She's not promoting anything other than exercise, and GOD FORBID that.
    I guess you missed all the posts where she said she was eating 1200 calories and not eating back her exercise calories. If the OP is going to make those kind of remarks, and is on a special diet, OP has deceptively allowed people to believe that only zumba and yoga yielded such results, when in all actuality it was the severe calorie deficit. And in not disclosing those things, has possibly let too many people believe that this is a good way to lose weight without the advice of a medical professional :flowerforyou:

No, I read all of that. The OP wasn't deceptive about anything. Zumba and Yoga has helped with her success. It may not be the entire reason, but there is never only 1 reason for success. I'm not particularly sure why you decided to take up the 'good fight' of bashing someone who simply wanted to share her results, but you don't really come across as someone who is doing it for all the innocent people looking for a quick fix. People HAVE the resources out there to get the correct answers to weight loss. If they decide to look at one thread and go 'This is the only way to lose weight!', then that's entirely on them, and not the OP.
    Considering that she's already said, multiple times, that this is all with the consult of a medical professional... I'm not really sure why an issue still exists.
    :Like I've stated earlier, unless you're a psychiatrist, don't tell me what's going on inside my head and what my motives are, because you know nothing about me, mmmmkay?

Your logic dictates that a half truth is still the truth and is nowhere deceptive, whether or not that was the OP's original intent.

But the thing is, not everyone has the resources. Not everyone is intelligent to know that they should research a diet/exercise regimen, or seek medical advice. There are plenty of pro-ana and young teenagers that are impressionable and desperate. They see something that is a quick fix and they go for it. This is coming from someone (me) who was anorexic at one point in life. People who have EDs aren't in the right state of mind. They don't think logically about the subject, obviously, because otherwise they wouldn't have a disorder. And I've learned that most people don't read the entire post, especially if it's multiple pages.

Everyone on this site should be cautious as to not be promoting a VLCD. With your logic I shouldn't have to wear my seatbelt because I know I'm driving safe and I should only worry about me. But I wear it anyway, because I have no idea what every other person on the road is capable of.
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results honey! I LOVE zumba!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I cant believe what Ive read.....all be it a little. A friend of mine had gastric bypass. Does that surgery change anything other than the size of a persons stomach? NO! Under doctors supervision people all over are ordered to eat 1000-1500 calories maximum per day. No eating any exercise calories back either!!! The OP is eaying in that range....without the gastric surgery. Good for you OP! That takes dedication. You would see these same people on a sucess story for a gastric bypass doing this would you? No, you wouldnt.
    Yet we are seeing people put down doctors, and fellow nurses......so sad.
    This level of calorie intake ect....is not for everyone....but its not your place to be treating someone, who is under doctors orders, with a condition you know nothing about.....Sigh.....
    A big congrats to your dedication....keep up the hard work. So sorry youve been treated like this. Dont bother responding to these people .
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options

:Like I've stated earlier, unless you're a psychiatrist, don't tell me what's going on inside my head and what my motives are, because you know nothing about me, mmmmkay?

Your logic dictates that a half truth is still the truth and is nowhere deceptive, whether or not that was the OP's original intent.

But the thing is, not everyone has the resources. Not everyone is intelligent to know that they should research a diet/exercise regimen, or seek medical advice. There are plenty of pro-ana and young teenagers that are impressionable and desperate. They see something that is a quick fix and they go for it. This is coming from someone (me) who was anorexic at one point in life. People who have EDs aren't in the right state of mind. They don't think logically about the subject, obviously, because otherwise they wouldn't have a disorder. And I've learned that most people don't read the entire post, especially if it's multiple pages.

Everyone on this site should be cautious as to not be promoting a VLCD. With your logic I shouldn't have to wear my seatbelt because I know I'm driving safe and I should only worry about me. But I wear it anyway, because I have no idea what every other person on the road is capable of.

I never stated what was in your head or what your motives were. I said 'seem', which is an opinion statement and one that I've gleamed from your posts. And as for the bashing, well, that's how you come across.

So, you're caught up on the fact that she was promoting exercise as how she lost her weight, rather than the combination of exercise and her doctor's diet? So the fact that this is the 'success' section and not a 'step by step weight loss instruction' section doesn't matter? Anyone who has internet access to MFP has the access to the proper resources. I understand that people are impressionable and desperate. But people have to take responsiblity for their own actions. Everything in the world is not going to be politically correct. While I would understand your attitude if she was PROMOTING eating under calories and over-exercising, but she's not.

If you decide to not wear your seatbelt, its your choice, and you'll be responsible for the consquences. Just as people will be who are looking for quick fixes.

But this ISN'T a quick fix thread. It's someone who is posting a success story to losing weight. It makes no sense to poop all over that, simply because you seem to expect everyone on the internet to be perfectly exact and politically correct in their 'yay me' stories.
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Amazing job lady!
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started my own personal zumba challenge 4 weeks ago and have been astounded with the results. I went from a sedentary life style to up and moving and dancing around my house in a hot minute! I had heard about the amazing results from Zumba DVDs but I was skeptical as it has been very hard to lose weight in the past.

My workouts have been 6 days a week
    60 minutes Cardio ( Zumba Body Revolution Cardio Party )
    and Jillian Micheals Yoga Melt Down 30 minutes

When I took the tape measure around my waist and saw that the inches were just falling off I could have cried! I urge everyone to do Zumba , you will see phenomenal results! but dont forget the yoga!

I lost a total of 13 Inches from mostly my waist and arms , I haven't seen much progress in my legs....but then again I haven't measured and a total of 14 lbs lost.
    2rpg1v4.jpg
    11h6ip3.jpg

WOW you look like you lost a lot more then 14 pounds. You look great. I see you lost 54 pounds all together. That's awesome. Keep up the great work.
  • neetasaur
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing. Good for you for being able to stick with it. :)

As for your diet, everybody is different. Just because something works for someone else, doesn't mean it works for you.
    I have a huge problem staying motivated, so no matter how much people tell me that I should go jogging, if I hate jogging I will not be able to keep that up.
    I do, however, like swimming, and can swim some 20+ laps in an Olympic pool (in less than 1 hr). Most of my acquaintances think I'm exaggerating (and that I should jog or do aerobic instead. *rolls eyes*).

In other words, it's so darn hard to find something that works for you, and that you can keep on doing long term.
    So don't be discouraged by the mean comments. This is your success story, and you should be proud of yourself. You are definitely an inspiration for me.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    amazing!

I tried to Zumba yesterday - wow it's tough! I thought I was getting in better shape (i workout at a gym) but sheesh zumba is a different style altogehter

Sometime in sept when my gym membership runs out, i'll start doing at-home workouts combine with C25K.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

Me too. If someone came up to me and said "look! I lost 4-5 inches off of my waist in a week because ZUMBA!", when it's taken me a year and losing 75 lbs to lose 10 inches from my waist, and the person appears to be wearing a support undergarment, I'd sure as heck ask. Maybe I'd be wrong and they really did lose 4-5 inches off of their waist in a week, and having only lost a few lbs, but I'd certainly ask.

Do these supposed support undergarments change the shape of the OP's face too? Me thinks you're jealous...

Good job OP!!
  • mogginsthemog
    mogginsthemog Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Excellent pics there..plain to see the results, well done.. N.
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    gonna get a zumba tape this week
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good job, but remember to give yourself a break. Too few calories long term and your starts to learn to survive by lowering its metabolism. Hence my on off dieting failures of the last 20 years. Now in the last 6 months, I have finally got it together, I eat enough and exercise enough, weight comes of slowly, fat is replaced by muscle, not a lot, I'm not going to look like a body builder. I have finally found my waist, which went missing after my first baby 24 years ago. I still have 4kg to go but have dropped a couple of dress sizes and am slimmer now than when I married 25 years ago. That's a result, and I have developed a healthy lifestyle that is not hard to continue for the rest of my life :-)
  • jayrae87
    jayrae87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Dang, girl! Look at that tiny waist!!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Wow, lot's of jealous bishes ITT :laugh: :laugh:

Well done OP, that's a phenomenal loss. Going to check out Zumba now... :happy:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    @joy..you can disagree...its a choice ...I personally choose not to take responsibility....Inspire..perhaps....Teach not my thing. Ciao

A lot of people chose not to be responsible in life. You rarely see them come out and say it however.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!