Over 200 New Year New Me Part 27

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Laila: Thank you for the kind words about the photo shoot. It's been rescheduled due to family issue for the photographer. I'm not sure when it will be, but of course I'd let you ladies know.

Kerri: I am in agreement with Jess. Stay away from some of the fattier foods you may have in your diet and see if that helps with the sluggishness and lack of energy. I have the same problem with I consume too many of the bad fats found in heavy meats.

Jess: I hope you're not getting sick. Try not to get too worked up about the new girl. Maybe she won't be there long...I mean, if I got demoted I would just find a different company to work for rather than having everyone know I was demoted.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Laila: Thank you for the kind words about the photo shoot. It's been rescheduled due to family issue for the photographer. I'm not sure when it will be, but of course I'd let you ladies know.

Kerri: I am in agreement with Jess. Stay away from some of the fattier foods you may have in your diet and see if that helps with the sluggishness and lack of energy. I have the same problem with I consume too many of the bad fats found in heavy meats.

Jess: I hope you're not getting sick. Try not to get too worked up about the new girl. Maybe she won't be there long...I mean, if I got demoted I would just find a different company to work for rather than having everyone know I was demoted.

That's what we're thinking! A friend of mine who use to work for the company called me yesterday and said to be careful of her. That she's not good news. Everybody has me bent out of shape about it. So I moved my work station far away. I'm now down in the corner by myself. Another perk, far away from all the dang candy!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I just went through my "most used" foods in my journal and to my suprise most of the foods were fruits and veggies. I would say almost 50%! WOW!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I just went through my "most used" foods in my journal and to my suprise most of the foods were fruits and veggies. I would say almost 50%! WOW!

Woohoo! Way to go, Jess!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

Woohoo! Way to go, Jess!

I was shocked! Thanks!
  • Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    Options
    Check in
    calories: good, I ate about half of my excercise calories but still under
    water: great about 14 cups
    proud: that I made it all the way through the 30DS, level 1

well I am doing very good this morning. I am not very sore at all and I got up and excercised before I go to work this afternoon :bigsmile: I am also down 0.9 lbs this morning so far so good! Be back later to stalk.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I scoured my food diary and suprisingly not much processed foods..I do all the cooking so the only processed foods I have is either cereal, lunchmeat, hotdogs ( turkey), cheese..

here is my list for things to avoid this week...

Things I am staying away from..

1). Sweetened cereals: Honey bunches of oats with almonds + Quaker granola oat & honey cereal
    2). Cheeses..all except laughing cow light
    3). All fatty dressing..creaser, ranch, Italian..I am sticking with evoo, salt, and lemon juice
    4). All candy, chips, cake, brownies, fruit snacks, corn nuts, and muffins..I stopped over eating these but it’s just a reminder..
    5). All ice cream, even the frozen yogurt…just for this week..
    6). All deil meats or lunchmeat + hotdogs

Have a wonderful day girls!

laila
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Ooof. My trainer kicked my butt today. I am working out solo Tue/Thu this week and Tue next week because the girl I do group training with is in some kind of work training this week and then going to DC for a long weekend. So, my trainer is taking this opportunity to kick my butt... I mean help me with my spots that I need improvement! Then I did a W3 workout for C25K.

Lately I have been SO HUNGRY! Like, I eat and then 2 hours later I don't just feel like "eh I could eat"... I feel like I could eat everything in sight, I have the worst gnawing feeling in my belly. It's weird... it's only been like this for like the last week.

Checkin for 7/19:
    Calories - over by 133
    Exercise - none
    Water - so-so... I have been drinking more Crystal Light lately, but I think that should count :smile:
    Proud - I'm back to logging my stuff
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Anybody out there?
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Miranda: I've said it before and I'll say it again...Crystal Light counts!!! I'm almost to 67.6 oz. of water today and 50.7 oz. of it has had Crystal Light in it. The fountain water at work tastes terrible (think iron), so I have to mask it. At home, I typically drink tap water that's been run through my Brita. Hey, you're making the effort and that's what counts!
  • irandamay
    Options
    Miranda: I've said it before and I'll say it again...Crystal Light counts!!! I'm almost to 67.6 oz. of water today and 50.7 oz. of it has had Crystal Light in it. The fountain water at work tastes terrible (think iron), so I have to mask it. At home, I typically drink tap water that's been run through my Brita. Hey, you're making the effort and that's what counts!
    Good! :bigsmile: I have a Brita pitcher too but I get tired of drinking plain old water. I stopped drinking soda at home like 4 or 5 months ago, and I FINALLY got a couple pitchers a couple weeks ago, one for me to make Crystal Light and one for my SO to make iced tea because he'd been using a Tupperware pitcher that I got from my mom that is probably like 30 years old and was getting kinda gross. :smile:

I can't believe I was so lazy and never went and got a pitcher before this. I like plain water but I was getting tired of drinking so much of it. It's nice to replace my soda at meals with Crystal Light and then go back to just drinking water in between!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Good! :bigsmile: I have a Brita pitcher too but I get tired of drinking plain old water. I stopped drinking soda at home like 4 or 5 months ago, and I FINALLY got a couple pitchers a couple weeks ago, one for me to make Crystal Light and one for my SO to make iced tea because he'd been using a Tupperware pitcher that I got from my mom that is probably like 30 years old and was getting kinda gross. :smile:

I can't believe I was so lazy and never went and got a pitcher before this. I like plain water but I was getting tired of drinking so much of it. It's nice to replace my soda at meals with Crystal Light and then go back to just drinking water in between!

The crystal lights are amazing! It is a nice change when all you drink is water!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Miranda, some of that hunger after working out could be from lack of hydration, too. I drink at least 32 oz. after a workout and if I still feel hungry twenty minutes after the water, I'll eat something.

I am too scared to see the weight damage from this past weekend of birthday festivities. I think I need to focus on getting back to clean eating and after I feel good about that, then I will weigh myself. I'm afraid right now with Pandora's Sweet Tooth Box opened, I may have a relapse if I see failure on the scale. Does that make sense?

Laila - I know when I had that huge scrape from falling last month, my doc said to make sure to clean it at least three times a day with soap and water. Just offering what I know. :)

My brother gave me a laptop for my birthday present! Before you start thinking OMG her bro is loaded with cash, let me explain that it is new to me. LOL He is a high school teacher at a private school and every summer they sell their one-year-old laptops to the teachers - pretty cheap, too. Yes, this school buys brand new laptops for every student every year (it's included in their overpriced tuition!). So yay me my brother bought me one! I am so excited! I have no clue how to use it. LOL Like, do I need to get a wireless modem or something like that? I heard that lingo mentioned.... :embarassed: I have a lot of learning to do! :tongue: But I am so excited! :bigsmile:
  • irandamay
    Options
    Miranda, some of that hunger after working out could be from lack of hydration, too. I drink at least 32 oz. after a workout and if I still feel hungry twenty minutes after the water, I'll eat something.
    I guess it could be but I didn't really work out much last week. I went for a hike on Monday, and to my trainer at the gym on Tue/Thu, but other than that no exercise, and I want to eat everything in sight. :smile:
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Blue: that is awesome about the laptop! I think you will need a router but you can get one from your internet provider, or you can purchase one at best buy or somewhere like that.

Miranda: could TOM be close? I only ask, because that is exactly how I felt for a few days last week and that was what the problem appears to be. Mine hasn't show yet, but all the signs are there.

Anywho: I see that most people are pretty busy today as the board is kinda silent. Hope all is well!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

TOM is here and raging his ugly head! Cramps are bad and I've been eating with total abandon today. Chips left over from the BBQ this weekend? Not anymore!! Ugh. I feel like crap now - both physically and emotionally. I am sure I'm going to see a gain this week after this weekend. I haven't worked out since Saturday, but I'm so pooped and icky now, that I'm not sure if it'll happen tonight. I have an early meeting tomorrow morning, so an AM workout probably isn't going to happen either. Grr!

I don't imagine I'll have much more to eat tonight. If I do eat, it's going to be mosty veggies. Blech on all the cramps plus bad for me eating!

Meokk - FAILED the challenge today with my chips!! Whoops!
  • Danielle_81
    Danielle_81 Posts: 166
    Options
    Does anyone here have facebook, and would you mind if I added you to my friends list? If so let me know. :smile:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Checking in-
    calories: prob around 2000
    water- yup
    sodium- sky high
    excercise- ops
    proud- that I went to bed instead of eating more

So I went to the mall to pick up some last minute vacay items and the food court did me in. I got a slice of pizza which I thought was bad but not awful. I figured 300, 400 cals at the most and I had 650 left. Well I got home and looked up the nutritional value and it was 540 cals for the one slice of pizza! I just about died. I was doing ok since I was still under by like 100 but then I drank a beer then another I think I had 3 total but beer= poor decisions so I ate a hot dog. I planned on eating more because at this point I was just spiraling down but I decided to stop the damages at what they were and now I lay here in bed wallowing in self pity.... When will I learn that food does nit make me happy! Ugh!
  • bluenote
    Options
    Cris - I feel your pain, we all do. I still marvel at how one poor decision unfolds into several. My only consolation to you is that we live and learn. That sucks, but it's true. Take Lauren and me, for example. Sounds like we both superly overate on our birthday weekend. If Lauren is feeling like I am feeling, it's not pretty. I am disgusted with myself and mad that I thought I was doing OK when in reality I was NOT. But it's over now and somehow we all have to pick up the pieces and go on. Make tomorrow better than today. That's all we can do. Learn from it and move on.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY, LADIES!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • bluenote
    Options
    With that said, I *DID* have a better day today. :bigsmile: One day at a time!

check in:
    calories: OK
    water: 100
    exercise: 30 mins elliptical, 30 mins treadmill
    proud: I had a good eating day compared to the entire weekend :ohwell: